It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local Case of Human Spontaneous Combustion??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This is odd. Apparently the local police are investigating a case of a man possibly being victim to human combustion. I have looked at this sort of thing before, but never really thought much of it.
Scary stuff if real!

5newsonline.com...

Asked if he was serious that this might be a case of spontaneous human combustion, the sheriff said he is serious, adding no items or furniture around the body were burned. There was no other fire damage to the house and no signs of a struggle, Lockhart said.

“I think there’s only about 200 cases worldwide, and I’m not saying this happened. I’m just saying that we haven’t ruled it out,” Lockhart said.

One thing they did say was that the man's back window was busted out on his truck. But otherwise, nothing else seemed odd. Just an incinerated man found dead in his house.

CX

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I used to be fascinated with SHC, ever since reading a book on the paranormal, might even have been one of Arthur C Clarke's, and there was the case of a Dr that had combusted. Dr Irving if i remember rightly, her leg was all that was left and it was laying out of the fire next to her chair.

Interesting stuff indeed. Thanks for posting.

CX.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Already posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's ok to have the same thread in separate forums as long as they are relevant. I's say medical stuff fits the bill pretty well.

Was there ever a definite reason found for SHC?

CX.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Kudos. Not sure if two threads are acceptable on this since they are in separate, relevant threads or not. But I'll differ to your's. Mods, feel free to delete.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

From all I can tell it is still up in the air as to whether it is a real phenomenon or not. But the fact that nothing but the body was burned is intriguing, to say the least!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hydrogen sulfide! This thread has lots of information about its causes and effects.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Nice thread, man! I will read through all that a little later when I have some more time available.

new topics

top topics

join