It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for members about your dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hi.

Lately, I have had several repeating dreams, very vivid ones, where I am a witness to some event. In the dream, I am the central figure of sorts, but the dream almost unfolds like a movie.

I have always been a lucid dreamer, but in these particular dreams, I have absolutely no control, I am only there, it seems, to witness events. The dreams are repetitive, in that I am having the same dreams over a period of days, sometimes even weeks. Sometimes the same dream over and over, and sometimes it is like a miniseries where the story is ongoing, picking up where it left off, actually having continuity. Then, they abruptly end.

Now, I have had disturbing dreams like this in the past, where I would have something bothering me that would come out in my dreams, and once I figured out the correlation to the problem/dream/solution, the dreams would stop. These were lucid dreams, however, and each time I had the repeating dream, I could make a concious decision in the dream to take a different path for a different outcome. I also felt the dreams were about me, my life, my personal relations, directly.

That is what is so different about these new types of dreams. It feels like I am the central character, but I am there to be a witness. Also, I am not ME, but someone else, as if I am experiencing it from someone elses perspective. I do not look like me, think like me, feel like me. When I wake up, the dream has absolutely no relation to my life, whatsoever.

In an odd sense, it feels very invasive, but it also feels as if I am being sent a message or prophetic type dream for a purpose. In one case, I think I understood, but the current dream is leaving me very confused with that respect.

The first dream I had like this, I was at a 3 way intersection on a gentle rise, but very flat, empty terrain. It was dusk, windy, misty rain, foggy. The 3 way intersection overlooked a highway overpass entrance ramp, bridge, and busy traffic lanes. There was one lone tree, a young tree, somewhat off in the distance. Other than grass, the landscape was bare but for the interstate.

An old fashioned looking yellow taxi aporoached me from behind and offered me a ride, which i refused. I turned back to watch the interstate traffic, seeing the yellow taxi enter the entrance ramp. The taxi sped up, merged into traffic, then hit the barrier wall in the middle.

I gasped as the car rode sideways up the wall, then in slow motion, it rolled over into oncoming traffic, almost to be immediately hit, time and time again. As I stood there watching, dozens and dozens of cars, trucks, semis, piled up one on top of the other, until it was almost hundreds of cars.

Two or three days later, was the hundred plus pile up in Texas, in the fog. I never read about it, where it took place, I was afraid to find similarities. Or, not. But, it creeped me out.

The new dream is about me being pregnant. No way this could happen without divine intervention, doctors fixed that many years ago.

Anyway, I am pregnant, and somehow, my husband doesn't know. Someone is trying to force me to get an abortion, and I am fighting it. I do not know who, how, why. I have an attorney, and we pull up to a building, I would assume a court. I tell him that no, I am having the baby, that my husbands' bloodline will die out without a child. I already know it is a boy, as I am fairly far along in the pregnancy.

He nods at me, and as he goes to get out of the car, there are reporters, media, taking pictures. He runs to the courtroom, and I wake up.

I don't get the significance, I don't understand why I keep having this dream. This one, about the pregnancy, I have been having for days. It is one that is like a miniseries. Every time I dream about it, it picks up where it left off. If I have anymore dreams in the series to it I will add them. It doesn't relate to me at all, though, it is almost as if I am living it through someone elses eyes.

Have any of you ever had dreams like this? I am finding these disturbing, and outside of my normal sleep and dreaming pattern. They are usually disturbing in nature, or nightmarish, and I awaken upset and sometimes frightened.

The one about the multicar pileup was horrific, as I was able to hear screams and cries for help, as if I walked among the cars. I could smell smoke, see the broken bodies. I woke in tears.

Any help would be appreciated.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-2-2013 by Libertygal because: typos, on phone :/

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I've been having the movie series-like crazy dreams, much as you described, with me in the middle of it all, trying to make my way through to (?) and an emphasis on me wandering nomadically, and I feel sad. The world around me is never logically clear, just a sense of chaos. I noticed that -one- constant factor, is I am sickly, like disabled, infirm, somehow. Like in my dream last night, I was going here and there with a catheter hanging out of my lower abdomen. I DON'T WANT these God forsaken dreams, it's p*****g me off, already.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I have had similar episodes over the years, and recurring dreams.

I wouldn't want to speak out of place...but I have found at least for me that this is all related to stress in "real life".

Stress can "bleed" out into a wide variety of areas in our lives, and is under rated as a cause to all kinds of troubles, both physical and mental.

I would try to reduce the general stress level experienced, and see if the dreams calm down. I know it helps for me.

Some times we as people are slow to aknowlege the stress as a real and potentially large issue in our lives, it affects health, wellness and just about all aspects of our lives, as we try to be "strong" ect.

I hope this is helpfull,

Cheers and all the best for a restfull sleep and happy future.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Treespeaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Treespeaker

I hope you are right, I would hate these 'movies' to be precognitive. I've had precognitive doozies before. More often, than not.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

That is what is so different about these new types of dreams. It feels like I am the central character, but I am there to be a witness. Also, I am not ME, but someone else, as if I am experiencing it from someone elses perspective. I do not look like me, think like me, feel like me. When I wake up, the dream has absolutely no relation to my life, whatsoever.
reply to post by Libertygal

They can run simulations of other people using your brain. It keeps the other people from
catching on to what they are doing/ planning.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Thanks so much for your reply, and I don't find it out of place at all. I agree with you a hundred oercent, as well! I have always manifested stress in real life through my dreams, as I related in the OP. I will work it out and find a correlation/problem/solution and then the dreams stop.

I feel that the brain is akin to a huge file cabinet, and that we file away things throughout the day. Some we need to keep, and some we do not. I liken the act of dreaming, for a lack of a better way to describe it, as doing a ram dump. The brain is sorting out what it has filed, and what it needs to keep and what it needs to get rid of. I think dreaming is also a way of the subconscious doing a type if problem solving for things we have not fully faced, stressors, in other words.

So, while I do agree with you completely, I cannot find any relation, as I said, to these disturbing dreams and my life. They are so completely different, and I have honestly looked within. I admittedly have a lot of stress right now, but I simply cannot correlate or relate these.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eedjee

I hope you are right, I would hate these 'movies' to be precognitive. I've had precognitive doozies before. More often, than not.

I agree. I also have some sense they are precognotive, especially after the Texas pileup. I felt a surge if guilt about not doing something about it, after the accident, but in reality, how could I have?

Who could I have told? I had no clue where it was, and nothing would have stopped it. So I reasoned the guilt was useless. It was horrible though.

Even with the pregnancy one, what warning is there? For whom? All I know is, she has to keep the baby. There is a significance to it. One thing I left out, I got a sense it was military related, the husband perhaps, is/was military.

And most of all, who would believe me? I would get laughed out of town.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

My wife can make amazing corollations between the strangest dreams and real life.

So as far as precognition is concerned I wouldn't right it off completely. The subconcious is a very powerfull thing sometimes and will point out the areas of concern in your life in wierd ways...like you are helping yourself lol.

But as far as just stopping it from happening all together I would still suggest reducing stress and worry as lame as that may sound without further information.

When the real life "what if's" are seen to, the dreams tend to subside.

I only have my own experience to draw from here so it might not apply, but I have had some doozies as well.

I believe we hold most of our own answers, but reflecting them off one another is often helpfull, I hope this is helpfull and not harmfull.

Peace and cheers!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

What really freaks me out about this post is my wife had just shown me a passage in her 'dream journal' and after I handed the journal back to her, this post pops up! The entry she was showing me was dated 8-28-06. She terms it 'trance writing'. How Mysterious Mysterious Hand of the Divine is that !

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Libertygal, 1 can understand how having a lucid dream history and then seeing/experiencing the vehicle car pile up within the dreams you had come to reality can cause you discomfort with some of your other dreams, especially seeing a terrible pile up occur after you were seeing/experiencing previously.

1 just recommends you do your best to try and filter out those aspects of the dreams that are subjectively driven so that you can better follow the seeing/experiencing ability related to objective data that may in time help out others or yourself... I do wish you the best with being strong and not deterred from what you may be seeing/experiencing within the dreams for 1 knows it can get stressful seeing/experiencing on AUTOMATIC OR GUIDED MODE.. (by?) or in a mode w/o your KNOWN conscious/subconscious control for observational purposes or perhaps data retrieval and hope that you don't allow any doubt or fear to prevent you from sharing something that others may pick up on. In relation to the current pregnancy dreams you may be seeing/experiencing one has not scanned within your personal life more then you have provided but it can have symbolic meaning for you or many/some around you.

On a personal level one of the main differences I have noticed is I don't remember many of my dreams. At times when I do however it feels like I am awakening from some strong Dream to the point it seems I was awakening from speaking, but speaking different? In relation too feeling different or seeing/experiencing yourself different as ANOTHER that's all I can detect speech.

As far as seeing/experiencing/feeling that may be related to today or this current time ring. Things 1 personally feels and has felt that may be signified in dreams possibly attributed to your OP 1 has shared here in Philosophies and Metaphysics & Space Exploration threads as best as 1 could.

To 1 it is possible that what you or others may feel from your dreams and how more seeing/experiencing they are becoming to you, is or can be related to CURRENT/PAST/FUTURE reality but 1 feels you/many as the experiencer(s) have to do your/our best to filter what you/we may be experiencing as best you/we can. This can help with sharing potential objective data within a dream or even astral ect. and filtering out subjective driven aspects of the dreams.

Good Luck

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I love dreams and look forward to them, especially dreams I remember in complete detail.

The only dreams I can relate to you that might be of help were pregnancy dreams.

The first was about 11 years ago. I was pregnant but I didn't look as far along I was suppose to be. The birth was going to be premature and/or die. I knew in the dream it would be my last pregnancy.

There is more to how it played out but I will give this. 9 months to the day a trip was schedule by a friend to go to a group in France. The flight was scheduled by someone else. While there I was not accepted because the 'leader' deemed me not advanced enough (premature). And I eventually died spiritually. (More I could say about this but not helpful).

Last March 7 I dreamed I was giving birth to myself. A very large head was birthing. Withing 12- 15 hours of Dec 7 ( exactly 9 months) I learned I would be having a granddaughter and 7 days later I learned I would be having a great granddaughter. There has been no girl in my family for 25 years. So apparently it was an extension of myself. This dream was before anyone was pregnant.

All was very symbolic and I was not able to interpret them until after the fact.

So I would say that someone doesn't want you to go a certain direction or perhaps something to take place but you will follow what is right for you.

Then again, you probably won't know till it happens.

Best wishes to you
L&L

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Thank you very much for replying. You gave me pause to think that perhaps you have an excellent point. I will think more on some directions I am currently taking some decisions, because one in particular is stressful and very meaningful to me.

Also, considering what you said, that I may not know until after the fact. That could well be, but I hate that, because in the past, figuring out why I was having the repetitive dreams is what stopped them. So, that would mean I will have to allow them to run their natural course, if and until I have the answers, or discover them in retrospect.

That will be uncharted territory for me, as I have always been successful at the deciphering. This could be interesting, but the dreams themselves are upsetting, and causing a degree if stress. Sometimes terror and panic. I am just not used to this, so it is all new to me.

I am certain that unless just getting this off my chest helps, I will be posting more, because I can literally have 2-6 or so dreams a day. They are vivid, and I awaken remembering them very clearly. I have never had such an active dreaming cycle in my life.

I guess we wilk see. Thanks again, you gave me some things to reflect upon.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarbonBase

What really freaks me out about this post is my wife had just shown me a passage in her 'dream journal' and after I handed the journal back to her, this post pops up! The entry she was showing me was dated 8-28-06. She terms it 'trance writing'. How Mysterious Mysterious Hand of the Divine is that !

Well! Thanks for the reply, because though I have heard about dream journals, I have never kept one. Perhaps now is a most excellent time to start!

Thank your wife for the reminder, I needed that.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by liveandlearn

Thank you very much for replying. You gave me pause to think that perhaps you have an excellent point. I will think more on some directions I am currently taking some decisions, because one in particular is stressful and very meaningful to me.

Also, considering what you said, that I may not know until after the fact. That could well be, but I hate that, because in the past, figuring out why I was having the repetitive dreams is what stopped them. So, that would mean I will have to allow them to run their natural course, if and until I have the answers, or discover them in retrospect.

That will be uncharted territory for me, as I have always been successful at the deciphering. This could be interesting, but the dreams themselves are upsetting, and causing a degree if stress. Sometimes terror and panic. I am just not used to this, so it is all new to me.

Yes, figuring ou the why of repetitive dreams have always stopped them for me as well. But this, according to you continues to play out. May I just add, be wary of wishful thinking as you attempt to interpret. Also, if you don't already do this, check out the symbolism. Sometime they are multiple but if one hits you, you will know.

Someone mentioned a dream journal. This is excellent. I have kept one for 15 years and it took me a while to connect things. I also keep a regular journal the last 9 years.

One other thing I have learned...at least for myself...even when I actually know the meaning and wish/try to change it, I can not, no matter how I try. So maybe just try to accept and find some peace in that whatever happens is meant to be for your growth and development as a soul.

Again my best to you

Feel free to u2u if you would like further discussion.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Today I'm up very early, and I do not remember any clear dreams from last night, much less bad ones. I think it went fairly peacefully. (Did someone pray for us, send good energy our way???)
How about you, Libertygal?
I wonder if it helped my subconscious, to post the dreams 'out loud', as-it-were.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eedjee
Today I'm up very early, and I do not remember any clear dreams from last night, much less bad ones. I think it went fairly peacefully. (Did someone pray for us, send good energy our way???)
How about you, Libertygal?
I wonder if it helped my subconscious, to post the dreams 'out loud', as-it-were.

I have been up all night, as I sleep in the daytime. I work at night, though I was off last night I keep my schedule. It is exhausting to flip flop my sleep schedule. I am just getting ready for sleep soon, so we shall see. Glad that you had a peaceful rest though!

I know for many months, I didn't dream at all that I could remember. Now, I cannot escape them. I think I was not sleeping well, not getting into REM at all or barely, and waking rather often, so at least it seems I am sleeping better. I am still waking exhausted though, from these fitful dreams. I would love a happy medium!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I've personally had these types of dreams for the past few years. At first it was very disturbing, although not in the way that these dreams frightened me in any way, but in the way that they were bizarre and I felt disconnected from them. My dreams were in no way related to my life, or related to anything going on in my life, as if it wasn't even me in the dream, so I can relate what you are going through.

But then I realized something. Something about myself, something I have known for a long time, but it never seemed to cross over into my dreams until recently, and specifically since I stopped using this "ability" in real life.

I'm an empath, and I suspect you are too.

When I say that I am an empath, I'm not talking about the science fiction "I can read your mind and sense your feelings" type of empath, but a, shall we say "real" empath: Someone who has the innate ability to put themselves in someone else's shoes and empathize with them and relate to what they are going through, either from a really good imagination, or though a variety of life experience.

I found that when I used this ability in real life, helping to people to solve problems, get through a tough time, or rationalize a choice that others may not agree with there were no dreams. When I stopped using it, I had the type of dreams that you describe.

I have found that the subconscious mind is affected by both internal (stress, worry) and external factors (media,other people's problems), and that these forces, how I deal with them in my waking life have a direct affect on my dreams. When I have something to deal with, I am the center of the dream. When I am empathizing with someone else, I am not "me" in the dream.

I suspect that "natural empaths" have not only the ability to relate to others, but a natural desire to do so. When this ability isn't used in our "waking life" (conscience life), it is used in our "dream life" (subconscious life ).

This may be the correlation that you are looking for, but generally my 2¢ from my own experience.

On a side note:

The specifics of your dream bring to mind two things:

1. The recent media reports of the 16 year old girl fighting against her parents who want her to abort her child,
2. A particular episode of NCIS.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
The taxi sped up, merged into traffic, then hit the barrier wall in the middle.

I gasped as the car rode sideways up the wall, then in slow motion, it rolled over into oncoming traffic, almost to be immediately hit, time and time again. As I stood there watching, dozens and dozens of cars, trucks, semis, piled up one on top of the other, until it was almost hundreds of cars.

The more attention you give something in a dream, the more related detail it creates. When that something is attention grabbing like an accident, it will grow exponentially worse as you pour more and more attention into it. That's how all nightmares form. SOmething dangerous or scary captures an inordinate amount ofyour attention, that excessive attention causes it to multiply or grow, which in turn demands even more attention.

It's not uncommon for dreamers to role play other dream characters or simply be an observer.

I'm sure if you thought about it, you could figure out what caused that pregnancy dream. Something that caught your attention that you associate with pregnancy. If not something from the waking world, then something from the dream before the pregnancy part. Dreams form around what you have your attention focused on, following archetypal association.

Two or three days later, was the hundred plus pile up in Texas, in the fog. I never read about it, where it took place, I was afraid to find similarities. Or, not. But, it creeped me out.

The new dream is about me being pregnant. No way this could happen without divine intervention, doctors fixed that many years ago.

Anyway, I am pregnant, and somehow, my husband doesn't know. Someone is trying to force me to get an abortion, and I am fighting it. I do not know who, how, why. I have an attorney, and we pull up to a building, I would assume a court. I tell him that no, I am having the baby, that my husbands' bloodline will die out without a child. I already know it is a boy, as I am fairly far along in the pregnancy.

He nods at me, and as he goes to get out of the car, there are reporters, media, taking pictures. He runs to the courtroom, and I wake up.

I don't get the significance, I don't understand why I keep having this dream. This one, about the pregnancy, I have been having for days. It is one that is like a miniseries. Every time I dream about it, it picks up where it left off. If I have anymore dreams in the series to it I will add them. It doesn't relate to me at all, though, it is almost as if I am living it through someone elses eyes.

Have any of you ever had dreams like this? I am finding these disturbing, and outside of my normal sleep and dreaming pattern. They are usually disturbing in nature, or nightmarish, and I awaken upset and sometimes frightened.

The one about the multicar pileup was horrific, as I was able to hear screams and cries for help, as if I walked among the cars. I could smell smoke, see the broken bodies. I woke in tears.

Any help would be appreciated.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Libertygal because: typos, on phone :/

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

I have been thinking on your post about being an empath, and I find that to be intriguing. Never thought about it that way, but it gave me a lot to ponder on.

I haven't had any dreams since I posted, but about to go to bed now for work. I did want to tellyou I don't watch NCIS, but I did look up the story about the pregnant teen. I was really hoping something might connect there, but it didn't. Thanks for some leads, though!

I had heard mention of it in the news, but didn't know the backstory, so it was kind of interesting to research it to see if there were any connections. One thing that struck me right off was that it was in Texas, like the multi car accident, and that gave me pause! But, that was where it ended. :\

I am still thinking about the rest of what you posted, though, because it really fits in with the rest of my life and field of work, which is healthcare.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

This is very interesting what you say here. I think I am an empath also, and I have these types of dreams of not being me also. I always thought maybe it was a past life me or another personality of me coming out in my dreams. But what you say makes a lot of sense. It makes me think that I should start using my ability, or gift, to really try to be more open and help others.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join