It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Suing His Supporters in a "UN Tribunal"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by hadriana

Of course you don't. Libertarians only like libertarianism until the reality hits home.

What does that even mean? You are getting nonsensical. I also don't understand your hatred of Ron Paul or libertarians.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN
-This is funny.

I am a Libertarian and find it funny and totally contrary to Libertarian views...

While I can see how this is easy fodder I am not sure I agree with this post or the hater in this thread.

Libertarian views on individual property rights and free markets don't mean there are no lawsuits. The views do state that if I want I can charge a bagillion dollars for a service but that doesn't mean that the price is legitimate. If, as a libertarian, I feel that I am being ripped off I can take it to a court to get resolved. I may not win but I can take it to court.

If Ron Paul were to have gone to the government to get them to intervene that would have been contrary to libertarianism. But he did not do that. Now, the UN-ish part is a bit odd but it may be the governing body that has the authority to adjudicate something like this. Not entirely sure. If he is going to the UN and asking them to cut him a favor because of his status then that would be wrong. If he is following normal internet property dispute resolution rules then he is just fine and still acting in a fair and equitable way.

See, just because the guy who has the domain wants 250k doesn't mean it is worth 250k. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Point being, free markets don't mean you pay what the other dude asks, no matter what. It means he is free to ask for whatever he wants and his ability to do so is unmolested by the government's laws, regulations or codes.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Glad to see there is a libertarian that realizes this

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bakatono

RP is suing (using a UN affiliated group to do so) because he doesn't like the market price.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't know, while I agree that if someone owns something of value it should be sold for what it's worth... I also think that you should at least be entitled to your own damn name. Then again, how many Ron Pauls are there in the world? What if they wanted the website? I don't think this has any credibility. Just because he's famous doesn't mean he's entitled to a domain name.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Ron and Rand Paul have a brand. It caters to and funds itself from a certain group of people. They like any company will do whatever they can to control and protect that brand.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This guy RAILED against the UN and its over reaching power into America, and their policies......

Yup i have all have his quotes on the UN.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
250k is too much, I would estimate the value is no more than 100k, as for the mailing list, he isn't asking to buy that, only the domain alone. To claim the fans will turn on him over this, more like the greedy former-fan, it's clear the domain owner is bitter after having helped Paul get millions and not seeing the millions himself, 250k is highway robbery, 100k would be the Maximum I would estimate the value, 50k seems a little low but it is closer and more accurate than the insane 250k

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
I believe many people told the Paulites that one day Ron Paul would show his true colors and turn on them...showing that they have been duped into a line of propaganda.

Sometimes it sucks always being right...but it sure is fun sometimes as well.

In classic irony, these drones who continue to throw around tired terms like "Paulbots" or "Paulites" exhibit exactly the same behavior as what they think they're exposing in others. Is there some school somewhere that indoctrinates you all to repeat the same 3 or 4 lines? Either learn some new tricks, or find some dirt that actually holds substance. It's getting old.

And as usual, the only material they can find is promptly exposed as being contrived nonsense. It took about four comments for the Lew Rockwell link to expose this as a fraud. The only rebuttal to him? "Everyone knows Rockwell is a RP shill!" So by weakly slandering the man, everything he says is rebutted? Is that really the best you lot can do? Don't answer that - I don't expect a coherent response anyways.

ETA - Just for reference, I'm not a Ron Paul follower. I made a minimum donation to his campaign in 2011, a one time event. My interest in Libertarianism is strictly philosophical. I'm entrenched in no political/personal camp at all. So I hope I'm not casually written off as just another RP acolyte =)
edit on 19-2-2013 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Sooooo.....

RP is NOT superman and the Messiah all rolled into one???

And is just a lowly human being afterall???

Who would have thought it???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join