It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Suing His Supporters in a "UN Tribunal"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Oh, the irony.

Ron Paul, champion of the libertarian movement, has gone to war with his loyal fanbase. They own RonPaul.com. Ron Paul wants it for himself. They made him an offer to sell it back… but it was too much for Ron Paul, so he’s suing them.

In the United Nations.

When Paul was interviewed by right-wing radio host Alex Jones in January, he expressed a desire to own RonPaul.com for his own purposes – fair enough. The site was registered by libertarians who support the Texas Republican 13 years ago to an unknown user, and anyone might be wary of their namesake website being in the hands of a crowd of anonymous users.

Here’s where it gets weird, and nasty: the owners of the site – who claim to have invested nearly 5 years in building the online community and raised countless dollars for Paul’s campaigns – made an offer to give the former congressman the RonPaul.org website for free, and the RonPaul.com domain (along with its 170k-strong mailing list) for… $250k.

The owners of the site think that is a pretty good deal:

The value we put on the deal was $250k; we are getting our mailing list appraised right now but we are confident it is easily worth more than $250k all by itself. Claims that we tried to sell Ron Paul “his name” for $250k or even $800k are completely untrue, and there is little doubt that our mailing list would have enabled Ron Paul to raise several million dollars for the liberty movement this year. It would have been a win/win/win situation for everyone involved.

Paul didn’t respond to their offer. Instead, he took their letter straight to the highest authority on internet domain regulation: the United Nations’ World Intellectual Property Organization to file a long complaint in which Paul’s legal team accused the owners of the domains of acting in "bad faith" and assessing the total value of all their offers at a mere $50,000.

As you can imagine, his fans are absolutely dismayed:

Back in 2007 we put our lives on hold for you, Ron, and we invested close to 10,000 hours of tears, sweat and hard work into this site at great personal sacrifice … Now that your campaigns are over and you no longer need us, you want to take it all away – and send us off to a UN tribunal?

That’s not cool! We want our old pre-retirement Ron Paul back!

While the respondents have 21 days to lawyer up, the damage done to the relationship between Paul and his fans might be too much to be undone – especially if Paul pursues the suit.

www.policymic.com...

Is this the same Ron Paul that said this......

Anyway...Campaign for Liberty let RonPaul.com expire, new owners bought the domain on the open market. Now Ron Paul doesn't want to pay to get the domain back at the price the owners are wanting. The guy doesn't even believe in his own economic principles..just go and throw supply and demand out the window when it suits him.

He doesn't want to pay the people that helped support him for 8 plus years of his failed presidential runs.... What a great guy...I mean he's only a multi-millionaire.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ya i was a huge ron paul supporter........

Im pretty pissed off about this.......

This guy RAILED against the UN and its over reaching power into America, and their policies......

Now hes going to them for help?

Why would you do this to the people who supported you so whole heartedly Paul?

Not a happy camper.........

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You assume a whole helluva lot.

What is to say that Ron Paul even knows anything about this?

When you are dealing with a team of organizers and campaign markets, as well as lawyers and spokesmen, there isn't even any proof that Ron himself had any say in this whatsoever. He may have said he wants the site and told the marketing team to go get it and they took over from there.

I know it is easy to paint the head guy as the bad guy in this situation since it is his face plastered on the front of things, but in reality there are hundreds, maybe even close to a thousand people that work under the guy and to assume that he himself is doing this is just a grab in the Ron Paul hate column.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Some additional info on this situation...

www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Ron's still up to what he's best at:

edit on 14-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Ron's still up to what he's best at:

And what is that? Pretending to be against TPTB?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

I think I'll just let your comment speak for itself for all time.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Ron Paul most probably don´t want their website or their stupid mailing list, he just wants his name, the domain, which his "supporters" payed less than 100 dollars to register, and now demand 250000 dollars to let him have. Registering the domain was an obviously disingenious act in the first place unless they intended Ron Paul to have it in the end. Such actions are quite commonly used to gain a quick buck by the domain hogs.

Ron Paul is no rich man, he even payed back what he didn´t use from his federal salary to the federal govenment. 250k is alot to him, just a common man and a representative of the people in all things.

These "supporters" could jus give him the domain and keep their website and mailing list on their new domain, if they where trully his supporters. Doesn´t need to be greedy about it..

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

Lew Rockwell is a Ron Paul shill..but all that did was basically parrot what was said in the OP... So no clue why you posted "new information".

RP is using a UN associated organization to get his domain (that he let expire) back because he doesn't want to pay the asking price. Supply and Demand.....

Attacking the people that built up a website ( that he lost) and helped his campaign out via publicity.
edit on 14-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GMan420

That site states this

Is Ron "attacking his own supporters" by his action? Apparently, the RP.com people have never given a dime to any of his campaigns nor educational efforts, despite promises to do so from the sale of memorabilia. Instead, they are attacking Ron, in part for being anti-militarist. Some supporters. But it will not work. And it will soon be over, freeing Ron from this distraction as he steps up his fight for freedom. Really steps it up, in historic ways.

So i guess all the money bombs put on that website and traffic driven to donate to Ron , and the links that went directly TO Rons campaign dont count?

If i was paul and the allegations arent true and there is a perfectly "good" explanation for all this........id be addressing this publicly...

He owes it to all his supporters and all those that USED that website to support him.........as I DID during his campaign
edit on 14-2-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Lew Rockwell is Ron Paul shill, you cannot trust anything he says about the situation. Of course he is going to say whatever will make RP look better.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

What is to say that Ron Paul even knows anything about this?

Because Ron Paul himself said he wanted the website on AJ's show.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Ron Paul is no rich man

Ron Paul is richer than 99% of Americans, he is a multi- millionaire.

which his "supporters" payed less than 100 dollars to register, and now demand 250000 dollars to let him have.

Oh well. Supply and Demand. The libertarian way........

I thought the market solved EVERYTHING~!~?

Ron Paul shouldn't have let his domain expire. He knew it would be up for sale at that point.

Such actions are quite commonly used to gain a quick buck by the domain hogs.

They aren't domain hogs. They were Ron Paul fans. As ManBehindTheMask said they supported money bombs for the guy failed presidential race.

he even payed back what he didn´t use from his federal salary to the federal govenment

No, he paid back the surplus of his OFFICE budget, not his salary.

250k is alot to him, just a common man and a representative of the people in all things.

It's sad that you actually bought into the manufactured image he was selling. And I don't really care if 250k is a lot of money to him or not. It's the market price, tell Mr.Austrian School to get over it. Maybe he should go to a private charity and raise the money...that's what he says to people suffering of cancer that cannot afford the bill.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm not talking about the domain. We know Ron Paul wants the domain.

I am asking, where is the proof that Ron Paul - himself - has gone to the UN to demand the domain be given to him?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul
and I like TJ

CLEAR explanation on the topic

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewRevolution

He's not asking the UN to have the site given to him. He wants to get it for less money than what the owner is asking. He is using a UN affiliate to arbitrate the issue. He doesn't want to pay the market value of the website.

And the proof is that RPs admitting to wanting to get the site back publicly.. And RP releasing a press release on the situation.
edit on 14-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Sums up the situation perfectly. The cult the guy has around him is incredibly weird. No matter what RP does he's perfect or somehow justified.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I believe he was trying to do good but he realized that everything is fixed and if he doesn't do what us told could end up with nothing.... Either that or he just gave up and in.. In these days there is no changing things these things will only change us... It's sad because its noticeable he is under pressure and there are things happening right now most of us can't even fathom and I'm not in support of anyone and I don't hate anyone but I don't blame him .. He is being publicly attacked and for all we know those same people want to own this site for their purpose and he was wants to make sure he won't be attacked in this site or something.. But remember we are all going through tough times and I'm sure he's got it worse being in politics in a time of corruption.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You have a better chance of convincing a North Korean that Kim Jong Il starved them, than you have of convincing a paul bot that Ron Paul is just another career politician that has his head stuck up Ayn Rand's ass

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I believe many people told the Paulites that one day Ron Paul would show his true colors and turn on them...showing that they have been duped into a line of propaganda.

Sometimes it sucks always being right...but it sure is fun sometimes as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join