It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Divine Revelation I

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I figured I would best put this in Rant, since I wouldn't know where else to put it.

In the Hermetic teachings, it is taught that personal revelations are from a divine source: The One, the All, God, whatever name you ascribe to such a power. In other words, revelation is a vision given by a divine power.

I had such a revelation given to me tonight.

Before I begin, I must let it be known: This revelation was not presented to me by an angel, a burning bush, or a disembodied voice from on high while I was in the middle of doing something. No, to me, a revelation is a spark in the mind, brought from the spiritual to the material. It is the age old Hermetic adage: As above, so below, as within, so without. What manifests above, manifests below, and vice versa.

I don't know what brought about this manifestation from on high, but it came to me suddenly. Like a haymaker from Mike Tyson, it hit me in the most wonderful way. My eyes began to water, and I felt anger, joy, and sadness.

I saw the world, I saw human beings. I saw how much they squabbled and fought over such insignificant things. I saw the world, a billion times tinier than a grain of sand in a vast sea of blackness, and on this nearly invisible dot of rock and water were religious extremists shooting and blowing up innocent people, I saw politicians stabbing one another in the back for power, I saw children betraying their parents for wealth, I saw bright minds shattered by economic disparity, I saw thousands of children as nothing but skin and bones slowly dying in the desert, I saw a people who were more passionate about rugby and football, American Idol and reality shows than becoming something greater than themselves, who cared less about the others around them than their flat screen TV that will stop working in a few years anyways.

At once, I understood. I wasn't angry over the vain pursuits and misplaced interests of others, I was angry at what we had become. We, sparks of the divine, losing our luster midst impermanence and selfishness. I was no different than they, or you, for I had too fallen into a dank, dark hole. I wasn't sad at what we had become, I was sad that I had not tried to do anything to help alleviate our ills for twenty six years of my life. And yet I was happy, for what sprang forth from my revelation was a power beyond words, a love more radiant than a thousand suns.

I felt these things, not out of pity or a sense of being "enlightened" or "transcended" compared to most humans (which I don't consider myself to be), but because I, then, was hit with a compassion that stretched beyond care for myself. I saw a world, nay, a universe, in need.

I don't know how I could help the world. The only thing I know to do is to shine. Shine, and light up the lives of those in darkness, so that, even if just for the briefest moment, they could see what I saw, feel what I feel, and understand just how important they are. Just how important you are. Not just to me, but everything, because in the end, you are everything there ever is and ever will be.

It ended, my breath taken away, and I immediately came to my computer and wrote what you're reading now.

It doesn't matter what your name is, it doesn't matter what your skin color is, what religion you belong to, what language(s) you speak. Whether you believe in God, or gods, or no God/gods, or a viking riding a rainbow unicorn, just do this: Take a moment, get off of your computer, and go somewhere quiet. Sit comfortably, and open your heart.

I hope you experience what I did. I would like that to happen. If it doesn't, I apologize for wasting your time.
edit on 11-2-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by FollowTheWhiteRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
been there, done that, whats next?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
Take a moment, get off of your computer, and go somewhere quiet. Sit comfortably, and open your heart.

I do this daily. It does wonders.

I have prayed a lot lately because of some personal difficulties, and I have received answers in the most unusual ways. Real answers that can not be attributed to coincidence or anything easily explainable. Hopefully they will be helpful.

But I believe you - I have had a couple visions as well, placed in my mind's eye by someone else.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

Do it again.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I unfortunately haven't meditated every day like I want to, but after what I have felt and experienced within such a short yet powerful amount of time, I'm going to be doing it at least every other day, if not every day.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Dear FollowTheWhiteRabbit,

Sometimes the world looks only to be cruel and heartless; but, there is just as even more good than evil. Take your own advice and shine. Here is the thing about the light, it destroys darkness; but, darkness can never destroy light. A whole room can be lit by a single candle. I am glad that you had your experience. Peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
...who cared less about the others around them than their flat screen TV that will stop working in a few years anyways.

What do you mean when you say my flat screen TV will stop working in a few years? I understand the rest of what you are saying, but that is NOT cool.

Just kidding. Well spoken. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Isnt Divine that chubby female impersonator? He's dead now. He was in the movie Hairspray. LOL

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Are you sure you werent just watching CNN ?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I tried prayer and nothing happened. Possibly because no one is listening?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Maybe instead of praying you should just listen.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Congratulations, keep doing it. Remember how you felt in that moment, continue to keep these feelings of love alive

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Nice words. I noticed you only just have registered on Ats and this is your first thread. Were you a lurker before or did your need to communicate this message motivate you to join Ats?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Dear karen61560,

I love it when people tell me they prayed and didn't get what they wanted, I find it so amusing. Tell us, what did you pray for and why. Did you pray for a cookie to make you happy, a relative to heal so that you could spend more time with them, did you pray for everything to be better? Or, did you pray for everyone to define themselves regardless of what it cost you and your loved ones? I bet you did not pray for that, it would have been answered with a yes.The bible says that Satan rules the world, he is not here to help us. Job says Satan is here to prove we are selfish, self-absorbed, spoiled and self-concerned. I shall make this easy, how many homeless people, how many people in jail, how many real bad people did you help last week? Before you respond, try reading my prior threads and posts, get to know me and then, if you can, use my words against me. The alternative is to answer the questions that I have asked you.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Hey there
, What a truly remarkable sense of awareness you have adopted by consciously admitting to the blatant unbalanced mechanism of existence we find ourselves in. I can relate to your sense of universal understanding on some sort of detached level of observation and I struggle on a daily basis to come to terms with the distasteful condition of the human race. The irony is I look human, but I don't feel like one

Maybe what we should try and understand is the vast complexities that have meshed and integrated into our species as a whole. There are so many aspects to consider regarding the psyche of the human being, for instance, how the ego can affect the behavior of certain individuals due factors such as upbringing, personal beliefs etc.

What is clearly evident is that humans are highly sensitive creatures, they are affected by their external environments on a daily basis. For instance, whether an insult is retaliated with violence physically or verbally, or taken with silence to be expressed at a later stage clearly shows me that everybody naturally wants to feel loved, appreciated, or even admired.

We build these external aesthetic appearances to either attract, alienate, or repel our peers and each case can respectively lead to the same outcome, abundance or lack of belonging or love. Merely the idea of a person growing up in a violent environment with absolutely no emotional stability or sense of belonging may validate the amount of hate being portrayed by so many individuals.

We tend to judge before we take the time to realize cause and effect. 90% of the time people are the way they are because of how they grew up and how they preserve their values in this complex and unstable system.

I like to think there is plus minus seven billion possible realities on this planet. Hopefully the only way for them to coexist or even integrate into a broader one is to opt out of the easy way out and actually take the time to understand and respect other individuals for their experiences and the legacies they carry.

I don't think we need all these complex laws to maintain stability, there should only be one universal law for man kind. DO NOT CAUSE ON TO OTHERS THAT YOU DON'T WANT CAUSED ONTO YOU!!!

Keep well

edit on 13-2-2013 by FreeThinkerbychoice because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2013 by FreeThinkerbychoice because: Poor spelling and lazy pre editing aaaarg!

edit on 13-2-2013 by FreeThinkerbychoice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
My revelation had me going;
"Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!
What the.. What the h.. What the f...!"

*hyperventilating to the point where I almost faint*

"Was that a sign!? Was it a f... A sign!?"

Couldn't believe my eyes or the sensation I experienced.
Have had several signs and revelations for the past 3 weeks and they just keep getting better and better.
Wish I could speak privately with you but I am not allowed to send private messages.

It will keep getting even more amazing friend.
edit on 13-2-2013 by ABeing because: Reexpressed myself.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have heard this same old thing for the last 30 years. and I have read it from men that span the last 4000 years. All that is said is nothing new for many of us.

Revelation to one is old news to others. kind of like one mans trash is another mans treasure

edit on 13-2-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Amen White Rabbit. After getting rid of my anger for being dead for 25 minutes at the age of 39, I got the same inspiration as you did. I'm a bit stubborn and opinionated so it took a while for me to see it.
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for the post nice to know some one else feels it to. The people around me and some of my family, I don't believe will ever wake up. Thanks Starred

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn
I have heard this same old thing for the last 30 years. and I have read it from men that span the last 4000 years. All that is said is nothing new for many of us.

Revelation to one is old news to others. kind of like one mans trash is another mans treasure

edit on 13-2-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

------------

First - Great Thread Op! As we all know, there is nothing like " A Revelation Bolt Out of The Blue " to get any of us all excited.

And as guadian2012 has stated: been there, done that, what's next? That is where I'm at too, because I've already been there and done that many years ago myself. Also from time to you'll get some new thoughts and new visions.

I quoted ChesterJohn's reply above, because that is how I see these revelations myself too, and I have also studied these subjects for many many years.

After everything is said and done, and you have had the time to sit around and contemplate the mind boggling complexity of the " Whole World Creation Story ". You then begin to have some clearer thoughts on the bigger picture and you then begin to realize that " The Whole Story " ( The Facts of The Whole Story ) Just Do Not Ad Up!

After awhile you'll begin to realize that everyone is doing like what Jesus said: " straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel "

Also what everyone is doing without realizing it and therefore accomplishing nothing is found in this scripture:

2nd Timothy Chapter 3 Verse 7: " Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. "

Everyone is not looking at all of the facts plainly laid out in the scriptures and the big picture. Therefore everyone is not really being honest within themselves and are not asking the real or important questions.

The following is the real question that every serious bible student needs to ask themselves, and to seriously contemplate and consider what the real answers really are.

--------------

God Made the earth and it's inhabitants. " - However, let us not forget that " God made the angels too, before us " as the story is told in the scriptures.

Some time in antiquity: (biblically speaking and Before The: Creation of earth “in the beginning”), when God was all by Himself, God Created " the angels " - God is " Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient " which means that God knows the Future!

Now, we know that it is stated in the scriptures that God knows the Future, God is All Powerful, and God is Omnipresent !

So, now that we " all know " that God knows everything, one cannot help but see the obvious conclusions and contradictions in the whole creation story. " God is Not Perfect "

The " Area of Proof " that God is not perfect, is when God tells us about how he created the angels. .

The fallen angel lucifer or satan is the main proof that God is not perfect. To create or make many angels in antiquity, "God only knows when" and for one of these angels that God made to rebel against God, that shows an " Imperfect Creation " of an angel.

An all knowing, and an all seeing God, who " Knows The Future " could Easily have seen or known that lucifer was " Not Perfect. " For a " Perfect God " to make or create an " Imperfect Creation " shows that God is not perfect.

And also these obvious questions:

Why would " God " like or want " Gold " ??? and Why would God tell Adam in the first book of the bible about Gold ??? and God even says that " the Gold is Good " Why is the gold good ?

Why would Adam and Eve even want or need gold ??? Gold is very Heavy like Lead. Adam can't eat the gold, or does God want Adam to make himself a nice new shiny Rolex watch??? Come on, what's this Fascination by " God " with " Gold " ??? Does an Infinite and an All Wise God like Shiny Gold watches and rings...??? What's with Gods interest in gold ???

Is Sitchin's interpretation of the ancient Sumerian clay tablets beginning to make any sense here....?

What is the real bottom line story here on this planet earth? Entertainment ? Gold ? Love ? Endless Wars ?

Wow, talk about Endless Fascinating Brutal Entertainment... So Which Is It ???

Is the Bottom line theme and story on all of "Gods Creation" Love ? Gold ? or Endless Wars of Misery and Slaughter of People ? For " Gods " Entertainment.. ?

Can anyone see the ( Obvious Contradictions ) ? and therefore the real questions

In a modern court of law, would any accuser be able to produce or pull a ( straw man ) out of thin air and then use that ( straw man ) to convict their accused?!

For those that are not that familiar with the bible, you can find the verse where God is telling Adam about Gold in the Very 1st Book of the Bible - Yes - The very 1st book - Genesis !

For those that still don't really get it or can't quite put it all together. The Gold was SO IMPORTANT, That GOD Has to tell Adam about this ALL IMPORTANT GOLD even before LOVE or JESUS or ANYTHING else ! Even Before " The Ten Commandments "

Because Everyone must Remember, that that GOLD Is IMPORTANT TO [ GOD ] He even says that the Gold is Good ! Oh yeah...? The gold is good huh...? Gee Thanks for the tip...

edit on 2/13/2013 by chrisb9 because: of The GOLD - Because REMEMBER - It's ALL ABOUT THE GOLD

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
the first book of the Bible is written by Moses some 1500 years after the flood.

Genesis 2: 8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

Genesis is not God telling Adam about gold, it is God telling Moses about creation, Adam, the Garden and what had happened before Moses came on the scene, for all mankind to have and hold in their hand and believe.

And the gold was in a narrative God had given to Moses about a certain river ran out of the garden down to a land where there was gold. Nothing in the context would point to God informing Adam about Gold.

The ten commandments were given before Moses had Genesis revealed to him.

By the time Abraham gold was currency (see the third usage of gold in the Holy Bible).

be careful about adding private interpretations to the Holy Bible it will always lead to curse for adding to the word of God a point mentioned three times in scriptures.

I have read Sitchen's 12th planet and his other so called translations of the Sumerian cuneiform tablets and have studied them copies of them myself and I would have to say that Sitchen may be a little off on his translation. why do you think his books are published under fiction?

I would say there is a lot I would agree with you on otherwise.

edit on 13-2-2013 by ChesterJohn because: some spelling errors

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join