It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Second LAPD Officer Steps Forward With His Own Manifesto

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

A second LAPD Officer steps forward with his own Manifesto, in the wake of Christopher Dorner

Unlike Former Officer Dorner, I fear dying; But I also fear living in a society where Innocent people are dying for no reason. A society where pain so great can be afflicted to people who have to desire to live right and treat people right and then be punished for doing right. They say we all look alike. In very few cases this of course is true. But in most cases it is not. I feel a resemblance to Dorner, (See Photos) However several people who have no resemblance to Dorner have been shot due to the fear of what is taking place. I DO NOT WANT TO BE SHOT FOR CRIMES I DID NOT COMMIT!. Neither does anyone else. To preface my story I will say this: Just like former Officer Christopher Dorner I used to smile a lot. I loved everyone. I was voted Friendliest
Senior of my Sr. Class in High School. I always believed in the system and never got into any trouble. I loved hard and gave to all I could.-
Continu e reading here.

What do you think ATS?

Is it time to start an occupy police/flash mob movement? One where thousands of like minded humans descend on a police station at a given time and peacefully give support to officers, as well as members of the public, to make complaints against terrorist/drug cartel elements within the police force??

Could something like that be effective??
edit on Mon Feb 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: tags added IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I say every time now someone posts an opinion it is referred to as a "manifesto"? No. No I think not.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Your's is a great question and one that I've been asking myself for the last few days.

Although I haven't lived in Los Angeles for many years, I grew up there and I'm very interested in what is happening now. This event that was instigated by Dorner may lead to the long awaited and much needed changes in the LAPD.

When I was in LA as a very young woman, I would cross the street if I saw a police car parked nearby. That is how feared they were - and I'm talking 3 decades ago. They were like a vigilante mafia that might do anything from one moment to the next.

But if the cops themselves break out and finally begin to tell the truth about the role of the LAPD in murder, false accusations, planting evidence, using blacks and hispanics as moving targets, and destroying people's lives - wow!
Maybe the world really is changing and December 2012 wasn't a dud after all!!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
I say every time now someone posts an opinion it is referred to as a "manifesto"? No. No I think not.

It is only called a manifesto if a wanted man/criminal/terrorist writes it, it seems.

Which means the post in the op is no manifesto.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I read it and it's no manifesto.. It's a very thoughtful letter to be seen by those who do not know the truth of the situation.. I don't want to go around having to hate all cops. I have kept myself from it thus far, and this letter goes along way to seal the deal in their favor, as long as things change and keep changing in the right direction..

This world was taken.. Laziness on our part may be the main cause that the bad guys are winning. We assumed like this officer that government had to be good because it was against the law not to be.. Hahahaha... Well, it's not so funny if you were directly involved in any of this, and it won't be funny in the future when we are being stomped into a gutter..

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

It is only called a manifesto if a wanted man/criminal/terrorist writes it, it seems.

Which means the post in the op is no manifesto.

man·i·fes·to (măn'ə-fĕs'tō)
n., pl., -toes, or -tos.
A public declaration of principles, policies, or intentions, especially of a political nature.

intr.v., -toed, -to·ing, -toes.
To issue such a declaration

Which means that just about every post on the internet from anyone could be referred to as that person's "manifesto"...lol that's a lot of manifestos.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Here we go again, one guy shuts down half of California now we have a second to shut down the other half.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

I can't take the time to read everything he's said or supporting material outside this OP at the moment but from what I have read? He embodies the problem I see with the "new breed" of college kid cops.

I mean no offense by that and take it from the perspective it's given from. I'm a person who grew up around law enforcement in the late 70's and late 80's when the Cocaine wars were in full swing, wars across most urban areas were a fact of life and not simply something "feared" and random violence was on the upswing out of pure amusement as much as any solid motives.

Into this? The VAST majority of cops I knew through my Father and so on were vets. They were old crusty combat vets pushing the end of a career which started in Korea and ended on American streets serving a different way,...or started in Southeast Asia and were still in full swing for careers when I knew them.

These were the "Old School" Cops with nothing left to prove to the world and no desire to see any more gore or violence than the job required on a daily basis anyway. Nothing gained and nothing enjoyed by it.

Now?? Cops aren't Vets...they are largely 4 year college kids whose greatest experience in violence was likely a bar fight they LOST...or a frat party that got out of hand. Much more and it disqualifies them rather than showing character and life experience. Now? Past problems are bad, not positive in consideration. I say consideration because NO one wants a drug dealer or a career criminal, much less a gang banger in a uniform and wearing a badge. At the same time? Leave it to Beaver get's people killed..or DOES THE KILLING for no good reason.

If a college kid faces off with a 6'5" leg breaker in a bad mood or drunk and wanting to fight? They have Two choices. They can be beaten half to death....or they can shoot him. A vet may take that third option of simply breaking HIS legs and handcuffing the squirming mass crying from the pain ....rather than shot to death and waiting for an M.E.

So.......That's why I say this Manifesto reads like a college kid in on academic scores and not life experience or background of handling, if not mastering personal conflicts. He can shoot the problem, report the problem or go insane from trying to suppress a problem. On the street? He shoots it..or watches it shot by others like himself. In the Department? He suppresses it ...and goes out a medical burnout if he doesn't become the next cop going postal.

What a world...and what a set of unintended consequences from looking to recruit "kinder and gentler" cops. Wrong approach in the VERY wrong field, IMO. This is what we get from it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Seeking peace is the right decision.

Peace allows us to build together.

Violence brings us all down in destruction.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I can't seem to get the link in the OP to load, are there any other sources for this? Interesting if this man supports Dorner's claims about the situation inside the LAPD.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
It would be awesome to see revolution sprout from this. Maybe the private citizens, military and members of law enforcment, maybe even some political officials have had enough.

Sometimes people just go with the flow. Unsatisfied with the current atmosphere, but too afraid to speak out, most unsatisfied individuals will just follow their daily routine, not make any waves, and try to score a full pension.

This frustration has increased in size, as if it were a giant pressure cooker, just waiting to explode. So many innocent individuals want to speak up, but they don't due to the 'fear of the unknown'. These people don't want to lose the life they have built, so they keep their head down, quietly awaiting the day when they build enough courage to speak up and out.

There are a lot of people out there like this and they may have just found their que to stand up. Seeing one person blow the whistle maybe just give them enough courage to speak out. As more and more begin to speak out, the confidence in the those who have yet to come forward continues to build.

Hopefully this ignites an all-encompassing revolution, bringing the 'Change We Can Believe In' that so many people are desperate to have. Ironically, this change will come from the very people who have been asking for a change and expecting one from our latest POTUS and the government in general.

We've all heard, 'Be the change you want', but we rarely see any significant movement from our fellow citizens.

Hopefully we will have the courage to speak out, as so many times people have asked, 'What are you going to do about it? Are you gonna be a keyboard commando or actually practice what you preach?'

It would be outstanding to see a real revolution come from this, not an Occupy protest, but a real revolution. A revolution with millions of backers, all standing up and speaking out, who are unafraid to march on city/county/federal buildings and law-enforcement agencies, and sustain the march until satifactory change is agreed upon. I hope this happens, even if the revolution must take years to succeed. Afterall, how long is 3-4 years when compared to the rest of your spouse's, parents', siblings', son's, daughters', and even your own general rights, safety, and liberty that will effect their quality of living every single day of the rest of their lives?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Wait til the rest of the police force figures out, they been working for the enemy, this whole time. Yeah...this should be fun to watch. If changes are to be made, it's going to have to come from those wearing the shield. They need to understand...if SHTF....they go down with us!

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I just have to ask, as you seem to be bubbling over with enthusiasm for open revolution......

Are you old enough to carry a rifle and stand a post for this fight..or young enough, as it happens?

Will you be in the field elements of this coming revolution to fight personally....and watch friends/family you know and love die in front of you?

I personally hope to NEVER see a revolution in this nation. Change? Absolutely. MAJOR change? Yes, and we'll all be badly hurt as it happens. No way around that anymore. Revolution? Nope. We'll likely never see a functional system in this nation again for our lifetimes, should anyone actually succeed in bringing this one down entirely.

Anarchy among 300+ Million people isn't a good thing. It's Mad Max without censors for the graphic violence and no one as photogenic as Mel Gibson or Tina Turner, IMO.

edit on 11-2-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

I'm forbidden from seeing the site, could you post his letter?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I would like to read the link but sadly it says "forbidden." can someone who has access copy and paste?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
new link with the second manifesto. Old one said forbidden for me as well.

Seems to be a logical response to Dorner included in it, but I wonder if we are seeing the beginnings of a manifesto movement with departments around the country having officers begin to speak out against internal corruption?
edit on 11-2-2013 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just walk away from the Beast.

It's really that simple.

And take all of those that "see" with you.

Sure they'll come for a few of the escaped herd, and they'll be a price, but can they really keep the billions of masses inside the barbed wire forever?

We'll see. IF they have their "all seeing" Eye way.

Yes it will probably be Armageddon.

The final battle.

The forces of freedom vs. the forces of slavery.

But at some point perhaps it has to be decided and play out once and for all.

For the next 1000 years.

Who will you serve?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, Wrabbit... not that my age would matter, (or the question of whether I would be willing to bear arms in the revolution scenario I described) I am indeed old enough to own a firearm/s.

As for my role in the revolution; yes I would involve myself with the other oppressed citizens who can no longer look the other way as our homeland crumbles on the front porch of homes all across the country.

The reason I find your question irrelevant is simply because you have assumed I am asserting a desire to see a combative revolution. I never said as much, in fact, I repeated several times that people should 'Speak Out', 'Stand Up':

...but too afraid to speak out...

…So many innocent individuals want to speak up…

…quietly awaiting the day when they build enough courage to speak up and out….

…found their cue to stand up…

…maybe just give them enough courage to speak out…

…As more and more begin to speak out…

…Hopefully we will have the courage to speak out…

…A revolution with millions of backers, all standing up and speaking out…

edit on 11-2-2013 by esteay812 because: tyops

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It's a plea to save the bros. Don't shoot me bro; I am not your lottery ticket. Bro, save the bros and come clean to the LAPD before one of us bros gets hurt.

It's a negotiation or social engineering move too. Just come on out and put down the weapon and let's talk about this over coffee, I swear, there's no truck full of SWAT guys with assault rifles waiting to bust down your door. Bro.

I understand his tension. Whenever someone is all over the media for murder and happens to be on psych meds, I get the "oh no, here it comes" feeling of the brainless TV zombie hordes going after fresh meat. You know what that means, I'll be hearing from more people thinking I deserve less rights than them regarding guns.

See how far media brainwashing goes?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
When humans are put in a position of authority and power, they become egocentrically empowered. These heightened senses of control make people become very bad humans.

We need to reform the structure of which we operate. Stop cutting down trees. Deforest the place and replant.

AAC

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join