It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL May Widen Field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

In a continuous effort to create a safer game, the NFL could look into widening the field, similar to the CFL dimension. Former competition committee member Bill Polian told the National Football Post's Dan Pompei the league contemplated the move years ago and might do so again.

"It's a radical idea, but I think it's worth thinking about," Polian said. "You would have more space and perhaps a safer game. I say that based on my CFL experience. There are less collisions of that type in the Canadian game."

www.nfl.com...

So... what do you guys think? Would this actually make for less violent collisions?

Personally, I think it would give people more time to build up speed before a hit potentially leading to more violent hits. I also think it will make defense harder to play which I hate seeing happen.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

Insanity! The fact remains that NFL players are bigger and faster than in the CFL. No offense to our Canadian footballers, but widening the field would do nothing to keep players safe.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i think they should make it longer and wider so that they can add more seats and sell more tickets so they can make even more money...

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You got that right make more money is the name of the game considering they are listed as a Non-Profit organization along with the MLB, NHL, PGA. Think about this they don't pay any Taxes at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think they should thin the field, remove the padding, and let the steroids fly.
Maybe then I'll watch it.... maybe.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i hope boxing follows this model of more safety as well..

Double the size of the ring, put super heavy duty padding on the ropes, make the floor more like a trampoline covered in 2ft of so of padding, and fighters wear full body padding...

After all everything should be safe since they are paid millions of dollars and they are forced to do it and all...

I think maybe we should actually change out the football players for robots that are controlled by kids, double the size of the field so they can add more seats and make more money. But so the super awesome "athletes" can still make millions of dollars, we can pay them to model the robots to look like them and wear their #'s and stuff, maybe a nametag with that players name.

Then we don' thave to worry about anyone getting hurt.

top topics

join