It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Valentines Day...Another reminder I Hate to Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I would love to love and it to be consistent but it always fails with people that is; and I will gladly take the blame for all the loves gone bad in my life. Taking blame, my nature, being objective reflecting back and learning.....

Love, I hate you. You have the ability to mask evil (or I disregard evil) and cloud my judgement and truly put my life in jeopardy, my life and the good things and beings that have been consistent.....

Love, you are stupid drug, sure I felt bliss, but sometimes it's only lasted a few seconds or years and when it wears off I'm left, distracted at the worst possible time when I need to be clicking on all cylinders...

Love, I wish I could trust to put you through the toughest of challenges like a longer more grueling navy seal training. I have no doubt you'll win and then fail be in the end, my trust is gone..

Love, I hereby put a retraining order on you and command you to stay away, and I will from you, until the next time we meet. If I die before we meet, I have defeated you because I will have no regrets on anything I left behind.

P.S. If I move I will offer a forwarding address

edit on 2/10/2013 by 8infinity8 because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 8infinity8

There are all kinds of love; romantic love; love of friends and family; love of family pets; love of self etc.

Since you mentioned (valentines day) it seems to me in your rant you are referring to (romantic love).

Right now I am not in a romantic relationship; but I still believe in romance and being in love with another.

I still enjoy valentines day; when I am out and about on that day I enjoy people watching; and all the romantic couples so very much in love. It is quite endearing really; the men and women downtown rushing abound to buy flowers and presents for their loved ones. It gives me hope.

You see the glass half empty; I see the glass half full.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by 8infinity8

There are all kinds of love; romantic love; love of friends and family; love of family pets; love of self etc.

Since you mentioned (valentines day) it seems to me in your rant you are referring to (romantic love).

Right now I am not in a romantic relationship; but I still believe in romance and being in love with another.

I still enjoy valentines day; when I am out and about on that day I enjoy people watching; and all the romantic couples so very much in love. It is quite endearing really; the men and women downtown rushing abound to buy flowers and presents for their loved ones. It gives me hope.

You see the glass half empty; I see the glass half full.

And that is the biggest dilemma for me I have to see if I can (or ever will) ever make love again without being in love, they've gone hand in hand the last 20 years. I'm in recovery so the glass is all empty and trying not to focus on the condensation on the glass lol...Romance will be a beautiful meal then again I won't be blowing kisses to the refrigerator is a start as an analogy to my mind set..

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
What a sad life if one had never loved. I'd live through the pain of loss to have had that dance with love....

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

My favorite thing to see is the old couple holding hands or giving each other that knowing smile. That's. The real love, the love that walked through fire and back. It's a beautiful thing this love.

CX

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You'll meet the right person one day.

Don't judge all relationships like past ones.

I'm not a fan of Valentines Day, nor is my girlfriend, it's fun to do that kind of thing anytime.....not just when the shops tell you too.

CX.
edit on 11/2/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join