It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia Woman Admits Buying [and Selling] 31 Handguns in Two Weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here's one for you, ATS...

Brief Story with Missing Info, from MSNBC...

The federal law, which stipulates who must apply for and receive a FFL is quite vague. And so is the explanation put forth, in the story...

Federal law does not require a person to register as a firearms dealer for occasional private gun sales, but it does require a dealer's license if a person devotes significant time and energy to the sale of firearms with a primary goal of making a profit.

But it seems this professional woman from Virginia, has rubbed someone the wrong way. She has been arrested, pled guilty and is awaiting her sentencing, which could incarcerate her, for up to 5 years in prison!

My question is, how did they know what she was doing, in the time frame that they claim? Were her purchases made from existing FFLs, requiring 31 background checks? Or were they from private sellers, therefore requiring an investigation with surveillance and a two week tail! How can the investigating agency afford to do that, but can't police the REAL criminals supposedly running wild at local gun shows?

Something stinks about this whole story...Upon a little research of my own, I found a woman matching the description and location of the one in the story, on LinkedIn...She works in a professional capacity, seemingly related to the Military or the Government, in some way...

What say you?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Guns to buy are scarce in America right now.

If YOU can find the certain models everyone wants....you can turn around and sell if for 2-3x it's real value.

People are selling AR15 magazines for over $100 each right now.....boxes of 22 Long Rifle are literally worth their weight in GOLD right now....

It's a SELLERS market....she was just taking advantage of the market and got caught.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Could this be the same woman?

LinkedIn Profile...

The woman in the article is said to be 44 years old. The one on the profile would fit with that age, based on her experiences...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Guns to buy are scarce in America right now.

If YOU can find the certain models everyone wants....you can turn around and sell if for 2-3x it's real value.

People are selling AR15 magazines for over $100 each right now.....boxes of 22 Long Rifle are literally worth their weight in GOLD right now....

It's a SELLERS market....she was just taking advantage of the market and got caught.

I'm not so sure, that it is that simple...People have been buying and selling guns privately, FOR YEARS...
WHy did the Feds single her out? Are you saying that this is only the beginning?

Looking at her profile, she has worked for several high level companies, and security firms in D.C. There is much more to this than what is being told...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

1- 31 guns in 2 weeks is a business

2 - to sell 31 guns in 2 weeks requires a lot of people to know you have guns for sale

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

1- 31 guns in 2 weeks is a business

2 - to sell 31 guns in 2 weeks requires a lot of people to know you have guns for sale

The article claims she was buying and selling at gun shows...SO, it would seem to indicate that all of her "buyers" were not personally known. She also, could have been acting loosely, as an agent. Pehaps she sold several to licensed dealers? Which, if one received a spot check of their bound book, it would have listed multiple purchases from one individual, back to back or in a brief time span...

I'm wondering why she pled guilty! Perhaps she is in the process of fighting the ill-defined Federal law? And, now that she has been convicted, she will pursue legal avenues to get it changed?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
She may just have pissed off a legitimate higher volume licensed dealer. The Gun Show circuit is pretty intimate in the specific regions in which these dealers operate. Many Gun Show dealers also maintain brick and mortar stores also and she could have easily rubbed someone the wrong way.

It is going to get interesting for the brick and mortar shops real soon as the firearm inventory continues to dry up along with the much needed ammo supply. The dealers will have nothing left to sell and no means of income for which to pay their staff and bills.... Could be part of the plan altogether.... Hmmm!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

But it seems this professional woman from Virginia, has rubbed someone the wrong way. She has been arrested, pled guilty and is awaiting her sentencing, which could incarcerate her, for up to 5 years in prison!

I say 5 years in prison isn't enough time.

This is why stricter regulation is needed, all gun sales should be registered, and if they are not the seller and the buyer should be charged.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
She may just have pissed off a legitimate higher volume licensed dealer. The Gun Show circuit is pretty intimate in the specific regions in which these dealers operate. Many Gun Show dealers also maintain brick and mortar stores also and she could have easily rubbed someone the wrong way.

It is going to get interesting for the brick and mortar shops real soon as the firearm inventory continues to dry up along with the much needed ammo supply. The dealers will have nothing left to sell and no means of income for which to pay their staff and bills.... Could be part of the plan altogether.... Hmmm!

You would think! But the smaller shops in my area, that would fit with your notion, while having next to nothing on their shelves, are booming with business, right now...They are pre-selling their inventories, before they even get to the store! They have waiting lists for specific guns, and ammo, paid for up front!

I haven't been to a larger shop in several months. I will have to run up to Gander Mountain and Pat's Pawn, and see what the story is there...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
And.. people wonder how criminals gets their hands on guns so easily!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

This is why stricter regulation is needed, all gun sales should be registered, and if they are not the seller and the buyer should be charged.

Please explain...And, before you do, consider this...

She obviously, didn't sell a weapon to a criminal or someone that legally couldn't own a gun, or that would have been the headline! Think about it....

So, basically, the Federal law, is just to regulate, penalize and TAX the act of commerce, where firearms are concerned...

You are right...She should be shot for making a dollar, in a trending market, without permission from the federal taxing authority, also known as BATFE...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

She obviously, didn't sell a weapon to a criminal or someone that legally couldn't own a gun, or that would have been the headline! Think about it

Really?

How do you know that? How would she know that?

Without a background check, how in the hell are you going to claim she sold guns only to people who could legally own a gun or someone who didn't plan on using it criminally???

That is just an asinine statement.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
And.. people wonder how criminals gets their hands on guns so easily!

But the precious precious 2nd amendment.

How dare you question it...guns for everyone.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

And that, my friends, is the easiest way for a criminal to get a gun. Private sales, and the stupid gun show loophole which do not require the background check that a regular gun purchase does.

EVERY gun sale should have the same strict requirements.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

She obviously, didn't sell a weapon to a criminal or someone that legally couldn't own a gun, or that would have been the headline! Think about it

Really?

How do you know that? How would she know that?

Without a background check, how in the hell are you going to claim she sold guns only to people who could legally own a gun or someone who didn't plan on using it criminally???

That is just an asinine statement.

I never said it was a fact...I said, obviously she didn't, because it wasn't reported as such! So, based on reasonable deductions, from the media's predilection to paint gun related news stories in the worst way possible I can reasonably say, it most likely didn't happen!

Now, who is being asinine?

edit on 2/8/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: becasue I did...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

And that, my friends, is the easiest way for a criminal to get a gun. Private sales, and the stupid gun show loophole which do not require the background check that a regular gun purchase does.

EVERY gun sale should have the same strict requirements.

You are overlooking one simple fact....She was charged with dealing in firearms without a federal firearms license. NOT, with conducting a straw purchase!!!

new topics

top topics

join