It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Purchases 21.6 million more rounds of ammunition..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
On some level, you just have to sit back and laugh.
It IS rather amusing.

I often here people say

"how could the Government just build massive underground cities right under our noses without us knowing about it, people would talk, they can't keep a secret that big"

"How could the Government be have access to UFO technology? There's no way they could keep a secret that big. People would talk."

"How could the government be planning for a civil war against it's citizens? It's too big of a secret. People would say sometihng."

You see, in each of these situations, there ARE people saying sometihng!!!!
and more importantly, "The Government" is doing these things pretty much right out in the open for the world to see.

The problem is the same as it has ALWAYS been.
People don't WANT to see!!

.....and so it continues.
We have a government which is stockpiling ammunition and preparing for civil war right in front of our faces and they make no attempt to even try to hide it because,........they know they don't need to.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
reply to post by jaynkeel

Should have bought more than one brick!

I bought all 2 they had left. Really thats all they had was 2!!!! Now .22 birdshot stacked to the ceiling cuz noone wants that...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KawRider9

Man, I wouldn't hire you to do research, there are several links to fed bid, nice subtle slight against infowars though, you would make a good paid troll though.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Baguul

You assumed wrong buddy. The only reason I wanted a different source than Infowars, is because all of the people here that discredit that site. I trusted what I read but didn't want five pages of people calling me an idiot for trusting such a site. I see that here daily...

----------Edit-- Deleted the personal crap I said.
edit on 7-2-2013 by KawRider9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Yeah, it's all out in the open and those of us that have prepared to protect ourselves, family and friends, are labeled terrorists. That's wrong on so many levels.

I don't know if you missed this little gem in my OP, but let me re-post how I (and millions of others) are labeled.

characterizes Americans who are “suspicious of centralized federal authority,” and “reverent of individual liberty” as “extreme right-wing” terrorists.

Quite nice huh?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
We the people purchased more than they (gov) did in the same period of time. The reason there are no bullets on the street is that we the people purchased them. The government is responding to our increased purchases with more of their own. There is a war brewing and the fight has been picked by them not we the people. They will find that we the people will not back down when we are justified in our righteous indignation.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
The most alarming report I’ve seen lately was the order placed by the Social Security Administration – what in the hell do they need ammo for?

Something is brewing…

The inevitable austerity measures which may hit Social Security as soon as this year.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Good for them they are a bit late to the party though. There are already billions of rounds in the hands of civilians stocked up for years since the Clinton gun bans. There are more of us then them and we have more bullets then they do. So if they mean to have a war on the people let it come!

For people not stocked up and also late to the party. Learn how to reload. Get together with like minded folks and go in on some reloading equipment join a club take a class etc. Sometimes there are small local ammo manufactures check out some local gun boards or clubs and ask if anyone knows where to get ammo and you may find one of these local manufacturers. Think outside the box...
edit on 7-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You are quite right. I for one started stocking up when Obama was being groomed for office by Zbigniew Brzezinski, When I saw who was behind him I started buying guns and ammo. The script was clear way back then and is now obvious. Sorry to those caught unaware. Now arming up will be far more expensive.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Do we have a credible link to this purchase, along with how it compares to their purchases over the last say ten years?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Do we have a credible link to this purchase, along with how it compares to their purchases over the last say ten years?

Much of the ammunition bought by the government is via contract, specifying that the supplier must be able to supply up to a certain amount of rounds over a period of time. The 450 million (or whatever that big number was) round "purchase" was on a contract of that type. They really dont do massive "purchases" of a specific number, at least not normally.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

We have a government which is stockpiling ammunition and preparing for civil war right in front of our faces and they make no attempt to even try to hide it because,........they know they don't need to.

Well said, Screwed! Not just the part I quoted – your entire post.

They can do things right under our noses because they’ve been getting away with stuff for nearly a century in America. Besides, anyone who questions it too much is either killed (Bill Cooper et al) or labeled a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist (Gen Smedley Butler, Alex Jones et al) and ridiculed and marginalized.

It’s all out in the open to see, folks! Many people before us have screamed it from the rooftops to no avail.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Like I said they barely equaled civilian purchases for the same time frame. People are driving the shortage not the gov. We the people are making this shortage happen not the gov.

edit on 7-2-2013 by endats01 because: added more info.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by endats01
reply to post by seabag

Like I said they barely equaled civilian purchases for the same time frame. People are driving the shortage not the gov. We the people are making this shortage happen not the gov.

That’s right…nothing to see here, folks.

Move along.

Go back to doing what you were doing.

Every time Obama opens his mouth more guns and ammo get sold. I'm beginning to think he and his cronies own stock in Winchester and Colt or something.

edit on 7-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

This is more ammo than would be necessary for civil unrest. That leads me to believe there is some other reason.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

True that. Infowars is one of the least credible sources on the net in regards to this type of information (government related).. well maybe any kind of information.

Alex Jones wife is the webmaster.. so you can safely assume it's garbage.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow.

About three weekends worth of firing range training for the many thousands of FedGov agents.

Not impressed nor worried.
edit on 7-2-2013 by tkwasny because: modification

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Well put Sir... I agree completely.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Seriously talk to the folks that sell ammo. They are selling out and mostly to civilians. I have not seen one of the major dealer at a gun show in many months. They are sold out. The ammo dealers are scrambling to try and meet the demand of civilian and law enforcement contracts never mind the government which is a small percentage by comparison. The government is responding by making these purchases which they are doing out of panic more than anything in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01

I think you make a good point that the panic buying is feeding Government reaction that, in turn, brings even more public demand. The whole mood on all sides is going real bad places, to be sure.

@ Thread

I wouldn't want them buying anything BUT Hollow Point by the way. As a re-loader, I can tell you there is a difference in powder load between bullets and it does make a difference for shooting with what one plans to carry and may someday use for real.

Ball ammo also tends to go right on through .. and through... and through. Hollow Point is good precisely because it does expand and therefore stops much sooner. Perhaps a wall or two sooner. For the green minded, they also use less physical mass (i.e. metal) which means less mining and pollution and more

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join