It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by DarknStormy

Why do people care? really? Does it hurt you and anything in your life If people are gay or not? stop spreading the hate.

I don't hate anyone but I wont be forced to believe or agree with something that I do not practice myself. That is my right.

I find people who hate and protest about gay people are hiding in the closet themselves.

How is that so? It doesn't even make sense.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Even if homosexuality is a sin, or is an abomination to God, it is still NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS how two people choose to live their lives together. Leave judgement up to GOD, and mind your own business.

A person that refuses to allow their children to be indoctrinated into accepting homosexuality as "normal and healthy", when clearly a man was not designed nor created to have a penis put up his anus, is not passing judgement but merely upholding what creation declares to be self evident. It IS my business and God's business when said individuals insist that they have the right to indoctrinate my school children to accept such perversions as normal and healthy. I also don't think that many are aware that Gnostics, Kabalahists and other occultists believe that Our Creator is not only androgynous, but bisexual. So, next time you hear the emotional appeals to accept it "as perfectly normal and natural", perhaps you'll start to question their religious beliefs and why they have the right to push acceptance of their religious beliefs onto you. At least with somebody preaching the words from scripture, you know the source. Millions upon millions have no clue what they ingest day in and day out, and have no clue how indoctrination and propaganda works to change fundamental beliefs in a population.

It's crazy, they have an entire two generations so utterly up in arms about nobody (e.g. Christians) having the right to impose Our Creator's words upon them, that they can't even see that another's religious belief is swarming the minds of the nations.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

reply to post by lupodigubbio

Turn them 9's upside down and maybe we are getting somewhere

Yeah, the typical Christian urge to demonize everything.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
3% of the population of America sure do make a lot of noise. If you want to be gay it is your right. Punishing the 97% that aren't just isn't right. As far as I know gay's have not been persecuted. Don't they have to be wronged first in order to obtain more rights than anyone else? Is it really right to concentrate so much energy on educating the 97% for the benefit of 3% of the population?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lupodigubbio

Originally posted by DarknStormy

reply to post by lupodigubbio

Turn them 9's upside down and maybe we are getting somewhere

Yeah, the typical Christian urge to demonize everything.

I'm not a Christian

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Even if homosexuality is a sin, or is an abomination to God, it is still NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS how two people choose to live their lives together. Leave judgement up to GOD, and mind your own business.

A person that refuses to allow their children to be indoctrinated into accepting homosexuality as "normal and healthy", when clearly a man was not designed nor created to have a penis put up his anus, is not passing judgement but merely upholding what creation declares to be self evident. It IS my business and God's business when said individuals insist that they have the right to indoctrinate my school children to accept such perversions as normal and healthy. I also don't think that many are aware that Gnostics, Kabalahists and other occultists believe that Our Creator is not only androgynous, but bisexual. So, next time you hear the emotional appeals to accept it "as perfectly normal and natural", perhaps you'll start to question their religious beliefs and why they have the right to push acceptance of their religious beliefs onto you. At least with somebody preaching the words from scripture, you know the source. Millions upon millions have no clue what they ingest day in and day out, and have no clue how indoctrination and propaganda works to change fundamental beliefs in a population.

It's crazy, they have an entire two generations so utterly up in arms about nobody (e.g. Christians) having the right to impose Our Creator's words upon them, that they can't even see that another's religious belief is swarming the minds of the nations.

We weren't talking about indoctrination of children, but we can if you want to. You may be surprised to find out that I 100% agree with you. I am not looking forward to the day that my three kids (the oldest being 3) come home from school with a bunch of indoctrination mush in their heads. I know that I will be busy trying to circumvent the indoctrination process. I am not a gay rights advocate, I am a LIBERTY advocate. I find homosexuality just as disgusting as you do, however, a free and sovereign human has the natural right to enage in homosexuality if they so choose. I am talking about the decisions that adults make, the indoctrination of our children is a different conversation alltogether. As far as I'm concerned, it is the school's job to teach my kids math, science, geography, and the like... leave the moral stuff up to the parents.

My point is that the average Christian seems to think that the Christian faith needs to be forced on everyone because it's God's word. How is that different than Sharia law in Muslim countries? It isn't. In America, to trully be called "land of the free", means that all people have the natural right to pursue their own version of happiness, even if that happiness is one man putting his penis into the anus of another. The thought of that is trully revolting, but that is the price of liberty. I'm sure you would agree that God gave man free will, so let free will take it's course, and leave the rest to God. Christians need to stop worrying about how others live their lives, and worry about themselves and their families.
edit on 6-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
it's not going to help make that guy non-christian to criticize him for being gay and christian, he already knows that and is apparently struggling with it. and it's not going to help him to be more christian-like, to criticize for him being gay, either.

this entire thing is really a non-issue about some guy who is trying to make a lifestyle change and is not having success to the degree he hoped. it's like advertising all over the place that some person cheated on their diet and ate a half gallon of ice cream.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Feel sorry for this guy. How sad that he feels the need to suppress his urges to impress "god" and win some sort of lottery ticket into eternal life. Though he really shouldn't be preaching that he was "cured" by the church, it might give others a false sense of hope that they to can be "cured" - Why not just accept who you are and be happy?

Homosexuality = Natural.
God = Man-made.

Now what do you say?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Feel sorry for this guy. How sad that he feels the need to suppress his urges to impress "god" and win some sort of lottery ticket into eternal life

i say, it's like trying to give up sex because you want to. or trying to give up overeating, because you want to. or trying to give up picking your nose, because you want to. or be good at karate, because you want to. buddhists learn to channel their sexual energy into their martial arts. they do that, because they want to and because they are told that they can tap the energy source that is normally spent on sexual pleasure on becoming better at something else. so again, this entire subject is a non issue about some guy who wants to make a lifestyle change and is struggling with it. it's not much different than any other example of fighting physical urges for whatever reason.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc
Feel sorry for this guy. How sad that he feels the need to suppress his urges to impress "god" and win some sort of lottery ticket into eternal life

i say, it's like trying to give up sex because you want to. or trying to give up overeating, because you want to. or trying to give up picking your nose, because you want to. or be good at karate, because you want to. buddhists learn to channel their sexual energy into their martial arts. they do that, because they want to and because they are told that they can tap the energy source that is normally spent on sexual pleasure on becoming better at something else. so again, this entire subject is a non issue about some guy who wants to make a lifestyle change and is struggling with it. it's not much different than any other example of fighting physical urges for whatever reason.

I believe your only relevant example would be the Buddhists. comparing suppressing your sexual desires to overeating? Ha, dont make me laugh. He was doing it "for god" - Because he wanted the approval of someone else. Its sad how he's been brainwashed to reject himself, i feel sorry for him.
edit on 6-2-2013 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
the point is, he's trying to better himself (in his view, to be better is to give up his gay sex life. in my view, to be better is to not forget my name or where i live lol). as alcoholics anonymous, narcotics anonymous and other cessation programs will tell you, whatever keeps you from drinkiing alcohol or snorting more coc aine, is your higher power. if that's a cigar box, fine. if's the flying spahetti monster fine. if it's god or buddha or your pet goldfish, fine.

same thing i said before, it's a non issue being blown out of proportion.
edit on 6-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So being homosexual is bad,

and being heterosexual is good?

Oh yeah, God is a person and has conversations with only a particular point in history with a select few, about whats wrong and right.

Dear God, thank you for telling me how evil homosexuals are and there's still hope for me even though I fornicated most all my life, at least I'm a heterosexual

So, pray tell me, which one is sin, democrat or republican?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What's the point of this?

Any argument on a topic regarding "God" or "Gay" heavily relies on many logical fallacies. This is ATS please think for yourselves...

Here's two (one for each) to get those gears turning.

GOD = Appeal to Tradition

GAY = Appeal to Nature

Have fun!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
GOD = Appeal to Wisdom And Nature

GAY = Appeal to New Traps Of Elites

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tropic

apparently he's trying to give it up. i have personally tried to give up many things, some of which i have accomplished and some of which i haven't. like i gave up eating certain types of foods that might be fine for someone else but not so fine for me. man that's hard (i crave sweets) but so far, i'm doing pretty good. what's wrong with a person giving up or trying to give up, a personal preference if they want to? you say it's because it's based on an invisible sky guy, well, people have successfully given up much harder things than sex, by making silly or serious things their higher power. why can't he? is he excluded from the same benefits anyone else has who is trying to make alterations to their lives,and why should it be anyone else's business? whys it even matter to you?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Oh, wow!

God is a new invention, of the elite. Ie, hetero is the "straight" path whereas gay is a "detour".

But, otice how GOD is asexual, but GAY is in contrast, sexually defined. Shouldnt the topic be UNGAY vs GAY?

Anyways, this guy being ex-gay kind of reminds me of most all the born-again believers who declare "out with the old, in with the new!", at some point in their life where they probably whored around (whether gay or "straight" until they got bored doing it and want some sort of.... grand salvation turnaround where they can start "clean slate" just like the mass murdered who nuked hundreds of thousands of civilians dead, but wants to start clean slate again... for what?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

reply to post by tropic

apparently he's trying to give it up. i have personally tried to give up many things, some of which i have accomplished and some of which i haven't. like i gave up eating certain types of foods that might be fine for someone else but not so fine for me. man that's hard (i crave sweets) but so far, i'm doing pretty good. what's wrong with a person giving up or trying to give up, a personal preference if they want to? you say it's because it's based on an invisible sky guy, well, people have successfully given up much harder things than sex, by making silly or serious things their higher power. why can't he? is he excluded from the same benefits anyone else has who is trying to make alterations to their lives,and why should it be anyone else's business? whys it even matter to you?

It matters they type of argument this guys sudden "plight" is construed into:

that is, the title of this very topic on ATS.

I proposed a parallel question:

which is more Godly "God" a republican "God" or a democratic "God"??

ie: Democracy= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0
VS
Republican= 999,999,999,999,999,999 God= 0

All in all, the problem is throwing around our Supreme creator's name (be it, GOD, or whatever).... IN VAIN.

(in vain, as in, our "own" particular, arrogant, interest)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tropic
Oh, wow!

God is a new invention, of the elite. Ie, hetero is the "straight" path whereas gay is a "detour".

But, otice how GOD is asexual, but GAY is in contrast, sexually defined. Shouldnt the topic be UNGAY vs GAY?

Anyways, this guy being ex-gay kind of reminds me of most all the born-again believers who declare "out with the old, in with the new!", at some point in their life where they probably whored around (whether gay or "straight" until they got bored doing it and want some sort of.... grand salvation turnaround where they can start "clean slate" just like the mass murdered who nuked hundreds of thousands of civilians dead, but wants to start clean slate again... for what?

how does someone wanting to change their lifestyle make them a mass murderer ? man, that is jumping the gun.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

the point is, he's trying to better himself

"Better" being a subjective point of view. He has obviously been manipulated by the church, brainwashed to think that he thoughts and feelings are not natural, despite science proving otherwise.

(in his view, to be better is to give up his gay sex life. in my view, to be better is to not forget my name or where i live lol). as alcoholics anonymous, narcotics anonymous and other cessation programs will tell you, whatever keeps you from drinkiing alcohol or snorting more coc aine, is your higher power.

You're confusing actual addictions (Which can be counted as disease's) with sexual desire's (That are not "addictions") or counted as a disease. I couldnt tell him that his view of life is very twisted and wrong, but the fact that he's been caught up on a gay-hook up website speaks volumes - People don't have a say when it comes to their sexuality. It will always catch with you.

if that's a cigar box, fine. if's the flying spahetti monster fine. if it's god or buddha or your pet goldfish, fine.

My point being, there is nothing "wrong" with him, so there is no need for him to be seeking a "higher power"

same thing i said before, it's a non issue being blown out of proportion.

Man claims to be saved by the church from his sexuality and is then found to actually NOT be saved at all... That's a non issue? Sounds like sweeping the facts under the carpet to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2
GOD = Appeal to Wisdom And Nature

GAY = Appeal to New Traps Of Elites

"God" has done nothing but misunderstand nature.
Nature has wisdom, God is the the kid with learning disabilities that just cant keep up with mother earth. God is defective, Nature is the supreme ruler of the earth AND mankind.

Primitive to even assume "god" is somehow higher than Nature.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join