It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange feeling in the air?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This may seem a real odd thing to see, particularly from me but it's strong enough to feel a need to ask everyone on at the moment about.

Is anyone else feeling a nervous tension/energy in the air? I thought it might just be me and stress related until my other half came out complaining of the same thing. I can't explain it better than to say it feels similar to what I've felt in disaster / emergency situations I wasn't directly impacted by but felt overwhelmed by the stress of the people around....multiplied several times over.

The planet has been ringing like the liberty bell for a couple hours now but this isn't the first BIG quake we've all felt. It isn't that, or is isn't JUST that.

Anyway, maybe it's local or something else but as I said in opening this ... It's so strong a feeling I can't ignore it and it isn't lessening.

Anyone else picking up on this? (There are a couple other things...but if this doesn't resonate with anyone, I'd rather no sound totally loony)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Love is in the air (valentines a week away)...

Is that nervousness, butterflies, maybe?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Yikes this is weird, I guess I spoke to soon, for I do feel a heaviness in the air upon me, a headache at the 'back' of my head, and slight nausea and its late yet I dont feel sleepy... but I attribute that to being excited about joining ATS and so much to read/digest/ponder......or maybe it's the power of suggestion

But the back of my head feels so spooky I kind of want to go hang onto the toilet and barf.. but its just a slight feeling to, I think maybe I should just try to sleep this off...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I feel it...an uncomfortable feeling...I call it "ill at ease". I've been feeling it more so in the past 2 weeks, it's become more apparent to me. I have no explanation of what it means or could be tough...spooky

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I been feeling anxious lately but more then ever man it's so weird kinda scares me I also feel so nervous for no reason

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I'm so sorry to dissapoint you my friend but....before Heaven is Hell.

The gates of Hell have been opened and everything will be accelerated ten times in the speed of time.

Every deed will be counted 10 times more than before and indeed things will happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
How odd that this thread has been created because I was going to make one just like this as soon as I got home from work (now).
Today- and today only- I've felt this heaviness in the air, anxiety and worry. Is is nothing like me to feel this way. People I work with also said that today they've felt weird like an oddness in the air.

I've had some weird pains in my head today as well- sharp 5 second headaches that I've never experienced at all. It may be the conspiracist inside of me but I think there may be a connection between HAARP and the earthquake and they way we are feeling today.

I don't know. Probably nothing. Could be something.

This is ATS after all!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Not sure where you live, but hopefully with all the quake activity, you aren't feeling a foreboding due to an incoming event. People often feel unease, headaches, nausea, and other symptoms as a precursor to seismic events.

Barring that, I would simply point to the future, and you knowing what you know, sensing what is yet to come, and what could be yet to come. Almost a haunting, if you will. Like the gathering storm thread. I feel exactly that way before a real storm. A palpable uncertainty because I know I am not in control. I have issues with that, but that's just me.

Strangely enough though, after feeling that way for some months now, I have been overcome of late with a strange sense of peace. Not sure from whence it came, but at this point, I don't care, I welcome the repreive.

Only words I can offer is, if it does relate back to the thread I mentioned, do what you need to have peace of mind. After that, realize it is out of your control, and really nothing you can do but prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and take whatever comes along.

edit on 6-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
That's really weir to me you would say that. I said to myself walking from the car to my house a couple hours ago, that the energy felt weird.

I sort of paused in the road to observe it, a very lucid feeling.

I actually felt somewhat relieved when I saw your avatar having associated a level of inteligence by familiarity with your posts.

I definitely have a familiarity with energy having studied a few energetic therapeutic modalities.

Just something eerie about the night!

Definitely a high level of tension in the air, like a calm before a storm.
edit on 2/6/13 by Infernalis because: Clarity

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
To add another factor to this, some here know me as a very spiritual person. Most don't because it's never come up beyond very passing and cursory mentions in topics unrelated to me personally. For context in this, I'm a person who simply accepts the spiritual world as something that coexists with us all the time. It's nothing to fixate on or to even pay much attention to. It's just there. Like the sensation of temperature or visual light. A constant and unremarkable by the fact it is that way.

In recent months I've felt an odd thing in what I'd describe as a flow of energy or spirits nearby. Not taking any interest or even noticing me or where I'm at here. Just there and going about whatever business they have. I'm sorry this sounds odd but it's hard to put some things into words. It's best summed up like a busy street with traffic and sensing that traffic.

That's all gone now and I hadn't noticed it until after the nervous tension I started this thread about became so noticeable. That 'traffic flow' has become impossible to miss in it's absence. I wish I could articulate it better...but I chose this forum for this thread for a reason.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Is it a coincidence than as the world appears to be releasing internal sensations that everyone picks up as negative, that I've just engaged in a course that should secure me full time employment and I'm generally feeling ... I can't say what it is.. I feel different. More capable than ever before, mentally. In fact my life has pretty much almost turned completely about.

End of the world?
1 year ago I would have jumped off the cliff... today I am climbing it.

so yeah, lol end of the world should the last 40 years be any indication.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
With all the fear and hate and kidnappings and shootings and violence lately, I've been emitting way more positivity in an effort to balance things out. It feels really, really good. Also, I've been getting a lot more attention from the ladies. Take note, fellas.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

yes, and even I, have contributed to make it more weird and tense,, maybe the time has come?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Also had similar feelings for the last week or so- but I always just think its ATS making me feel that way.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Couldn't fall asleep, came back on here!

Might there be some sort of shift in energy going on especially these days

I dunno, like maybe geomagnetic, polar, or solar events?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
So, its not just me, then?
I've been feeling 'twitchy' for a few weeks now. I had been ascribing it to stuff at work. Nothing can get you all weirded out like a rash of killings. But somehow, those have been seeming like symptoms of something else. And, ya know, you can't say anything like this at work, or you start bumping into the mental health staff a lot more.
And, just coincidentally, they have been working a lot more overtime of late. Seems like suddenly paranoia and schizophrenia have been running like a flu.
Again, symptoms.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Okay, I wrote a long time ago about something that happened to me. Here is the thread, seond post, so you will know I am being sincere.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The part about the hotel room. Ever since that, I have been similarly aware of ... things. Hard to put into words for me, because I do not talk about it. Basically, kind of what you said, and I guess I took it for granted that everyone did that.

I kind of feel odd now, realizing that is not the case, but, regardless, I noticed it stopped too.

I can't say when, because I don't know, but I became aware of it about a month ago or so. I do not ever discuss religion, especially my own, but it definitely made me more prayerful.

Perhaps this is where the peacefulness came from, I cannot say for certain.

I know I always felt certain people, "in spirit", were there, and they don't seem to be there any longer. I wondered if this was good for them, bad for me, but I had gotten rather used to it. I felt very alone when I realized that connection was gone.

I have found myself very deeply inner religious as a result, however. Not suggesting this for you, just noting the effect it had on me.

What is bothering me the most in talking about this is realizing my assumption that everyone shared this was wrong. It leaves me wondering why I even thought it, but I did. Stranger yet, I feel odd talking about it. It is literally making me squirm. Hm.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Well December 2012 has passed and we are all now feeling the effects of the new age. My mentors have stated that 2013 everyone will start to awaken spiritually and/or politically. This year is the beginning of the new era of change. Every one is feeling it in some way. Some may feel more enlightened and some may feel bothered and tense without having a reason why. This is just the beginning though and I am told to expect big changes to our current dynamics.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Thank you for that link. I read your entire OP on that thread and it's quite a read. There aren't many things on here that I've gotten a hard chill from. That must have taken all you had to put into words and share. Thank you for sharing it, twice. Writing it, then linking it tonight.

It's disturbing to hear you've also noticed the absence of what has been there before. That background 'activity'? For lack of a better word, that works to describe it.

I've tried since writing my last note above, to feel anything where I've known it to be and it's just empty. Nothing. Could that be what we're picking up on? The sudden lack of something taken for granted to such a degree that it's sudden absence is more profound than it's presence has been?

I also have a sense of there being something holding me back on how much I say here. I've backspaced and re-written parts of this short message a half dozen times. Usually I'm sure and confident in my writing. Writing is normally as natural to me as speaking....but, well, not on this. Not right now. Make any sense?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
In addition to Libertygal's replies, I want to thank everyone who has replied on this. I don't know what I expected in posting this. In a very real sense, I was hoping for no replies beyond the normal comments about how I must be in some pollution or simply imagining things. After my wife came out looking spooked the way she has tonight, I had a feeling that wasn't going to be the case. I can't help but think I wanted that though.

Sometimes affirmation isn't the thing to make it all better, and that's true here.

What I didn't expect was how powerfully others have felt the same unexplained sense of unease and disquiet. Of..something just not right? A dozen ways to say it and none feel quite right. The bottom line though is....Thanks.

However much a part of me didn't want to see others shared this experience, I think it's been important to confirm and for more than just knowing I haven't flipped my lid. I think knowing this is a shared and tangible thing makes it something to pay attention to. I've said this to others on here many times as advice and it's something I find myself now needing to heed. It's 250,000 years of evolution speaking .....whether the message is fully understood right now or not? It's too loud to ignore the fact there is one.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join