It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

arafat - lets not forget how he came to power....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
murderer , killer - terrorist.
why ohh why so much on the news about this evil man?
forgive my history but i do beleive he was responsible for terrorist acts???
you know using force instead of negotiation - even when using diplomacy he couldnt be trusted. - aparently.

(edited - removed dribble)

[edit on 30-10-2004 by The_Visitor]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
A lot of sensible people know about Arafat but they are just generally anti-semetic so they tolerate him.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
A lot of sensible people know about Arafat but they are just generally anti-semetic so they tolerate him.

seems like everyone that is against isreal is classed as anti-semetic ( big joke )

if arafat dies to will cause more violance because of the power struggle in palistain

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Even if I think Israel deserves peace and security, I'm for a fair treatment of Palestine, with or without Arafat. I guess that makes me an anti-semite.

Aaah, how I see that the days where we have to choose camps have arrived...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If he dies, show the respect you would show anyone else. The man stood up for what he believed was right, you can't ask any more of anyone. You may not agree with his methods, but try putting yourself in the place of a palestinian living in the gaza internment camp.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Chris McGee - excellent post, and very well said. I don't think that people like Arafat choose a life of hardship and danger just for the heck of it. It takes some believing in it.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Arafat is a terrorist...plain and simple.

He lied in Oslo and that is what type of person he is....

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yes I agree the Egyptian born terrorist Arafat did believe in what he was doing. I should respect him for that? Adolf Hitler really believed in what he was doing. The D.C. snipers really believed in what they were doing.

"Have you run out of stones in Hebron?Prepare the stones."

"Our law is a Jordanian law that we inherited, which applies to both the West Bank and Gaza, and sets the death penalty for those who sell land to Israelis. It is our righ to defend our land."

"We the PLO will concentrate all our efforts on splitting Israel psychologically into two camps. Within five years we will have six to seven million Arabs living on the West Bank and in Jerusalem. The PLO plans to eliminate the State of Israel and establish a purely Plastinian State. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion; Jews won't want to live among Arabs."

Above quotes by Arafat

Arafats past and present terrorism

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
edsinger - he lied in Oslo? Explanation or link please? And please don't tell me it's "common knowledge".

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yasser Arafat born in 1929 in Cairo.

By the age of 17 he was arrested for smuggling arms to Palestine to be used against the British.

He study in Cairo University in Texas University, and then again in Cairo.

He got a degree in 1956. In 1964 he became member of the PLO.

He spend most of his life promoting the liberation of the palestines.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

He is a different man to different people.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
edsinger - he lied in Oslo? Explanation or link please? And please don't tell me it's "common knowledge".

Please do a search on the OSLO accords, and what he was promised. He was offered 95% of what he wanted yet he still turned it down. He wants the destruction of Isreal and still states this to this day.

He never lived up to te Oslo accords and that is why Clinton finally realized that he was not the one to negociate with....

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
And what the hell has Israel done to even concede basic human rights to Palestians? Any Jew from anywhere can come and take a house and land, but a native Palestinian cannot? And we never will be able to according to Sharon and those in power, why should Jews enjoy the right to return and we cannot? Why should Palestinians be treated as less than people? Why does noone see anything evil in the continued oppression of these people?

The same percentage on both sides are bad, its the vast majority that wants to live side by side in peaceful brotherhood, but when we are treated as less than humans what would you do?

Do you ever think about how bad it must be in their lives to even consider strapping a bomb to yourself knowing you will die and not make a difference? Dont give me that 40 virgin regurtiated bull#, think about the human mind and the trauma that it must go through to believe that suicidal mission is a righteous and worthwhile use of your only life

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Edsinger - a note... after Itzhak Rabin's assassination in late 1995 (which might have sparked the Palestinian attacks in early 1996, after it was known that Rabin's assassin Yigal Amir had it in for him specifically for his peace negociations) Arafat went to see Leah Rabin to personally express his condolences. Leah Rabin told him her late husband considered him his "partner in peace".

And then there was Benjamin Netanyahu... "Netanyahu is more a tactician than an ideologist. He has been very harsh in his statements on Palestinians, Arafat and the peace process, and he appears to be to be more confrontational than even Ariel Sharon. His government period brought few positive results for the peace process in the Middle East. "
i-cias.com...

I'm not saying Arafat's perfect. I'm just saying that when judging Arafat, one must also reconstitute the cycle of provocation and counter-provocation that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has seen for a long, long time. To think the Israelis are spotless and don't have a share of the blame in this is ludicrous.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Visitor
murderer , killer - terrorist.
why ohh why so much on the news about this evil man?
forgive my history but i do beleive he was responsible for terrorist acts???
he is finally going to meet his creator - surly hence why he doesnt want to die ?? - i wonder what god/whoever he might be has in mind for his arrival at the gates of heaven.

Perhaps a special rebate on flight south?

The chain goes Freedom fighter, activist, terrorists, statesmen/polition, nobel peace prize winner, exiled president inside his own country, pro Palestine hero.

Isnt this how we should track his efforts

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Verfed, do you honestly believe the Israelites have a divine right to that land and if so, why?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
He study in Cairo University in Texas University, and then again in Cairo.

why is it that everything that has to do with terrorism has some kind of connection to texas?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
To me Arafat is a terrorist and its just another one bites the dust for me when he dies. Why should I have respect for a man who suppors the killers of children?

But as it goes another man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, so to them he's a good guy to me he's scum on the bottom of my shoe.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chris McGee
Verfed, do you honestly believe the Israelites have a divine right to that land and if so, why?

God gave them that land after leading them out of captivity and slavery.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So, if the Israleites kill Palestinians they are securing their country and preventing terrorist attacks, if the Palestinians kill Israelis they are terrorists?

So anyone not on your side is a terrorist?

You should have respect for him because he is a man who has spent 50 years fighting for what he believes is a just cause (and so do the rest of the world).

If the US was invaded and people responded by attacking the invaders, would they be terrorists?

If your mother and father had basic freedoms denied to them and you decided to fight back against the oppressive power, would you consider yourself a terrorist?

Were the blacks who campaigned against apartheid in South Africa terrorists?

Is Nelson Mandela a terrorist?

To you Arafat may be a terrorist, but to the whites in SA, Mandela was a terrorist.

Easy to opine on this when you're sat in your nice warm house with electricity and running warm water isn't it? (and I include myself in that last point)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join