It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Might Be Disturbing Your Sleep Could Be Right in Front of Your Face

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OP, I haven't read all three pages, so I am sorry if this has been said -

But TVs & laptops emit blue light, which is associated with sunrise for us biologically (this is when the light outside is most blue). So watching television or playing on your laptop late at night, and certainly having it on all night in the same room, will keep your brain confused about what time of day it is.

I use f.lux on my computer now, so it changes the screen as the day progresses to mimic outside light. I don't know if it is helping or not, but it is easier to look at in the evening.

I'm sure there is a connection! Make your room as dark as you possibly can, no intruding streetlights or little lights from modems, alarm clocks, etc. Or get a sleep mask.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
i dont know about dreams , but i do know pc, laptops and many other devices including some alarm clocks give off tons of frequencies and radiation, should never ever sleep with something like that near your head

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Great song!
But I don't think the Schumann resonance changed one bit. It is what it has been for the psat few hundred million years (David Wilcock et al. notwithstanding).

It simply cannot be measured around cities any more, due to the EMF fog, that's what the scientist stated in the movie.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

IIRC,

One must awaken within 20 seconds to 2 minutes after having a dream or you won't remember it.

Everyone dreams every night or they go crazy--literally.

REM sleep TENDS to occur about 40 minutes into sleep, IIRC. That's when dreams occur. There should be 3-4 REM periods per night, IIRC.

It's been a while since I studied or taught about sleep.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I dont have time for a long post.

But i to have not dreamed in a long time,

Back ground, i usually sleep with my phone (3g enabled WiFi and Bluetooth off) next to me in m bed, as i dont have a bedside table or alarm, so my phone is next to my head basically as i sleep.

I knew this could be bad, so I tried as well about 4 weeks ago, turning off my phone during sleep, and vola, i had a super intense dream that i could clearly remember.

I have only repeated this once and in flight mode instead (which had similar effect) so i cannot say if its coincidence or not yet.

Namaste.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Dreams are chemical electrical and psychological

Im not sure what the effects of EM radiation on dreams are but if you have a healthy fiet great memory and awesome imagination then dreams will not be a problem for you.

I suspect your dreaming is a result of psychosomatic will to dream. the fact that you went to the trouble of unplugging your laptop is enough to make you remember your dreams.

Hey man whatever works keep doing it I know how much I look forward to dreaming each night I would be pissed as hell if i didnt have a dream every night.

I feel so sorry for the people that dont dream or for that matter dont lucid dream.

Virtual relity every night for free, now THATS awesome.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It's amazing how we've cluttered our sleeping spaces with all sorts of electric gizmos.

I have a tv maybe 6 or 7 ft away from the headboard end of my bed and have gotten into the habit of just dozing off with still on.By that time I can't be bothered getting up to switch it off or turn the volume down as I've long since lost the remote so just drift off with whatever I'd been watching.

I've lost count of the times I've woken up during a dream,there's so programme on and it becomes patently obvious that the dialogue that had been part of dream was clearly coming from the tv which I'd incorporated in to my dream.

Obviously in some dream states papticularly in the later stages around 6amish normally for me you are able to hear sounds and even interperet them in your enviroment even though you're still asleep.

A laptop close to your head while you sleep may well be having an effect.When I leave my mobile too close to a speaker I can hear it sending and recieving signals even though I'm not recieving any txts or calls and my wifi,bluetooth n gps is switched off.

God knows what signals are just bleeding out through the night !!!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It is probably the light flashing on the laptop that was distracting you from sleep. Try this. Keep the laptop on and plugged in, but cover it with a blanket.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

S&F

I'll be doing this tonight as you pretty much described my situation. Except sometimes the dreams are pretty awful.

Good post no wonder its one of the recommended ones !

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Ummm......and I thought you were going to say...........your nose...

YouSir

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kokatsi

Great song!
But I don't think the Schumann resonance changed one bit. It is what it has been for the psat few hundred million years (David Wilcock et al. notwithstanding).

It simply cannot be measured around cities any more, due to the EMF fog, that's what the scientist stated in the movie.

Actually it looks like we are both wrong..

The numbers do change as much as half a point in one day..

And there are about 5 main frequencies.. One of which is 7.8hz (normally) and the next one is 14.3 (normally)

So I can see where some people may have thought the frequency raised from 7 to 13.. These are averages by the way because the Frequency is ALWAYS changing.
ntrs.nasa.gov... 2011023798.pdf
By the way what scientist in what movie?

That's a piece of my post that has little to do with anything in this thread though.. Could have responded to the rest.

By the way I have been having lots of dreams sense I made my gf move the alarm clock across the room, and stopped bringing the laptop to bed.
edit on 2/6/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
When spending a few months in the woods I had the most vivid dreams I have ever had in my entire life. I seriously mean dreams that come every night, in crazy weird detail, and intense.
Good or bad, they were dreams i haven't experienced since.
I was away from all electronics - Seriously just an emergency radio turned to off, a good ways away from where I slept at night.

You're on to something.
I'll shut down the devices tonight & move the alarms.

That said...I did stop having dreams when I surrounded my bed with devices to wake me up in the morning for work. Hmm.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

The movie is quoted on the first page, it is worth your while to see it - free on youtube.
The title is: Resonance - Beings of Frequency. It is full of science and some speculations, no new-age crap.

I cannot recall the name of the particular scientist, it is in the movie though.

Yes, the Schumann resonance changes a little up and down, depending upon the distance of the ionosphere which is depressed during certain solar cycles and elongated during others. However, what I am alluding here is to a number of new-age philosophers - among others, David Wilcock, Gregg Braden, Drunvalo Melchizedek and a number of 2012 believers - stating in their books and Web publications that the basic resonance of the Earth is gradually changing - towards a higher, 10 to 13 cycles per second. They attribute this to a different activity of the Earth and a change in consciousness - mostly human.
This is simply not true, fluctuations of about 0.5 Hz (as I recall) have always been present, but the fact is that the basic cycle - its average - has not changed an iota.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Wishing you all the best DT, glad to hear you've got the requisite awareness to keep ahead of their game, so to speak. It's hard to know how to talk about these things sometimes, without coming across as a total kook, but if you ever want to chat things over, or bounce ideas around, just let me know.

I think we used to interact when Frater210 was still a member, summer of 2011? Good times, after a fashion - but it seems everyone involved in those threads went through some highly strange, disturbing and downright dangerous times soon afterwards...

Fight the good fight, and rest by the cool waters.

FITO.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think that technology is rather addictive, and unplugging the laptop was also a psychological "unplugging" from technology, letting your mind breath a little more.

Often when we want to do something in our spare time, and we can't think of anything right off the bat, we look over, see a television, laptop, video game, or iphone, and let it melt our mind away.

The same thing has affected my dreams as well. Over the past month, I've been having a lot of profound, lucid dreams The power cord to my laptop was destroyed. I spend a lot less time on the computer than I did before.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join