It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors kill 2,450% more Americans than all gun-related deaths combined

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
People die from cars, pools and many other items each year. Are those in the news or is it being controlled to fund an agenda.
www.naturalnews.com...

Here's some interesting stats to look at

You are 64 times more likely to be killed by your doctor than by someone else wielding a gun. That's because 19,766 of the total 31,940 gun deaths in the USA (in the year 2011) were suicides. So the actual number of deaths from other people shooting you is only 12,174. Doctors, comparatively, kill 783,936 people each year, which is 64 times higher than 12,174. Doctors shoot you not with bullets, but with vaccines, chemotherapy and pharmaceuticals... all of which turn out to be FAR more deadly than guns. This is especially amazing, given that there are just under 700,000 doctors in America, while there are roughly about 80 million gun owners in America. How do 700,000 doctors manage to kill 783,936 people each year (that's over one death per doctor), while 80 million gun owners kill only 31,940? Because owning a gun is orders of magnitude safer than "practicing" medicine! Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am not surprised...

I have a strange feeling that this information will not be in the mainstream news.
edit on 4-2-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

With intent to harm, maim or kill? Are they violent deaths? Do doctors kill innocent bystanders? Can I bring a Dr. with me to rob a bank?

There's no correlation here.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If someone does a mis-diagnosis of you because they don't do their job is that an acceptable death?

And yes, many are violent deaths as the wrong meds can kill painfully.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yes but Doctors save a more lifes than guns...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Guns can and do save lives as well. That's why you see cops carrying guns.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

The Dr's are trying to save lives, not intending to kill. There's a really, really big difference between Dr's and guns. I didn't think I needed to point point out the absurdities here, but apparently I do.

Dr's aren't weapons. Guns aren't humans trying to save lives.

Oh and here's what violent means for future reference:

violent |ˈvī(ə)lənt|
adjective
using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something: a violent confrontation with riot police.
• (esp. of an emotion or unpleasant or destructive natural force) very strong or powerful: violent dislike | the violent eruption killed 1,700 people.
• (of a color) vivid.
• Law involving an unlawful exercise or exhibition of force.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Lets ban doctors. They are all killers.

How many fatalities can be charged to police or military?

Talking about the absurdity of comparing bananas to chicken.

It is readily apparent that guns in the wrong hands kill people - so why do we allow police and military to have guns? The same reasoning applies - guns are for ultimate self-protection.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Could you back up that claim with reliable statistics, please? Or is it just an opinion stated as a fact?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Could you back up that claim with reliable statistics, please? Or is it just an opinion stated as a fact?

It is neither. It is common sense. No disrespect. Use your nous.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Not necessarily. Weapons prevent others from attacking, so guns do save lives in many places.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
this is a fact.

Doctors are the most dangerous people we routinely see, a larger percentage than you imagine are drug addicts eager to do surgery on you.

If I had it my way, I'd never go to an MD again except for trauma situtions. ND is the way to go.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

reply to post by CaticusMaximus

It is neither. It is common sense. No disrespect. Use your nous.

So in other words, you cannot back that up with statistics or credible sources and are trying to obfuscate that reality. So opinion trying to be passed off as fact.

Gotcha. Thank you for clarifying.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I would say that many doctors are weapons of the medpharma companies.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure this is a lie. Lie by omission at the very least.

How many die because of the three mentioned? How many die due to other reasons not mentioned? How many were already dead men walking, and then put into doctors hands, and doctors try their best, and the patient still dies?

This number seems pretty damned bogus. Especially considering the source. Naturalnews is not a legitimate source of information to be trusted, in my assessment. It's propaganda.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm sure most Dr's don't intentionally set out to do harm, so as much as I hate to say, this analogy does not hold water.
However, as soon as the Obamacare Death Panels start cropping up, you bet your sweet bippy we can revisit this topic.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Can we just let the irony sink in here? The OP insinuates an agenda that prevents this information from being reported. He then goes on to cite Natural News one of the most biased "news" agencies out there whose sole purpose is to push an anti-medical establishment agenda.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

The Dr's are trying to save lives, not intending to kill. There's a really, really big difference between Dr's and guns. I didn't think I needed to point point out the absurdities here, but apparently I do.

Dr's aren't weapons. Guns aren't humans trying to save lives.

Oh and here's what violent means for future reference:

violent |ˈvī(ə)lənt|
adjective
using or involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something: a violent confrontation with riot police.
• (esp. of an emotion or unpleasant or destructive natural force) very strong or powerful: violent dislike | the violent eruption killed 1,700 people.
• (of a color) vivid.
• Law involving an unlawful exercise or exhibition of force.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Doctors are people, criminals are people, mentally disturbed people are people. Doesn't matter what instrument is being wielded or what the intentions are, the victims are still dead regardless of whether it happened with a gun, with a scalpel, with a car, poison, intentionally or accidentally.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
To be fair, if natural news told me the sky was blue I would go outside to double check. Why do people listen to them? It's not really "news" its more like a blog for people who are willfully ignorant

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

If they don't kill people then logically they also don't save people.

Doctors are people, criminals are people, mentally disturbed people are people. Doesn't matter what instrument is being wielded or what the intentions are, the victims are still dead regardless of whether it happened with a gun, with a scalpel, with a car, poison, intentionally or accidentally.

There is a difference between killing someone and not being able to save them. Sure there are cases where a doctor may be the cause of death but you can't just label every death that occurs "death by doctor".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join