It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama does NOT have the right...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Obama just recently stated that the Boy Scouts should allow gays in scouts. If they do not comply, what is he going to do? Make an executive order forcing them to do it? Or simply let the Boy Scouts excercise their freedoms and rights to refuse service to anyone. It's not like they're mutated or mentally challenged or a different race. Homosexuality is not hereditary, it is a choice, and you can look up plenty of people who have chose not to be gay. Whether you agree with it or not, he is over stepping his boundaries yet again. It gets very tiring and irritating dealing with this HORRIBLE president.

News article
www.washingtonpost.com... -b35a-0ee56f0518d2_story.html

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So you're saying he doesn't have the right to free speech? Because all he did was state his opinion on the matter.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Being gay is not a choice and you just proved to all of us that you are either mentally retarded or brainwashed by whatever the small world around you is

Honestly, just stop and become a thinking human it's 2013, wake up, please, just wake up

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So you're saying he doesn't have the right to free speech? Because all he did was state his opinion on the matter.

No that is not what I meant. I'm talking about the POSSIBILITY of him FORCING the Boy Scouts to allow gays

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It's the 21st century.
It's time to stop judging people based on sexuallity, race, gender, and religion.
We're all just humans.

Show some tolerance.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamdavid
Being gay is not a choice and you just proved to all of us that you are either mentally retarded or brainwashed by whatever the small world around you is

Honestly, just stop and become a thinking human it's 2013, wake up, please, just wake up

HAHAHA okay well let me ask you this. Have you ever walked outside and seen 2 male or female squirrels humping? Do you believe nature is perfect in every way?
It is a choice. There is NO evidence of a gay gene. There is however plenty of evidence that people started gay and changed to straight. How? If it's not a choice then I ask you how have they changed. It is ALL how you were brought up. Of course with people saying it is okay, there's going to be more coming out. That's human mentality.

www.narth.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Oh he definitely has the right. He has the right to blather on and on all he wants about whatever he wants... we are not forced to give a damn what his opinion is though.... nor does the Supreme Court.

If homosexuals are allowed in and this is contrary to your personal beliefs, you have a choice.. remove your kid or not. NO ONE forces you to send your kid to the scouts.If a group or business is private.. then they decide who is allowed in according to their stated beliefs/mission/whatever. If its govt funded.. youre out of luck.

I am not a wiki fan.. but this info was pretty intersting IMO.

en.wikipedia.org...

The organization's legal right to have these policies has been upheld repeatedly by both state and federal courts. In Boy Scouts of America v. Dale, the Supreme Court of the United States has affirmed that as a private organization, the BSA can set its own membership standards. The BSA's policies have been legally challenged but have not been found to constitute illegal discrimination; as a private organization in the United States the BSA has the right to freedom of association,[3] as determined in the court case.[4] In recent years, the policy disputes have led to litigation over the terms under which the BSA can access governmental resources including public lands.

edit on 3-2-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

The emotional and completely empty thoughts of some on here are not the minority anymore. How disgusting that some have to approach EVERY stinking thread with a hysterical over the top emotional response and NOT the actual issue.Im getting pretty tired of it anymore... why post anything about the actual dogs in this fight and discus THAT rationally? And some wonder why the older and better ATS members and discusions have disappeared..

edit on 3-2-2013 by Advantage because: Edited out of disgust for the quality of discussions and posts here anymore..

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I show plenty of tolerance. So show some tolerance by letting the Boy Scouts feel the way they do without being persecuted. Or how about Chik fil a. It's not being intolerant. People should be allowed to be against something without being persecuted. Because now the gay community is going against EVERYONE who is against it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Maybe instead of banning gays they should just threaten to slowly and painfully torture and kill any and all pedophiles

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer777
reply to post by snowspirit

I show plenty of tolerance. So show some tolerance by letting the Boy Scouts feel the way they do without being persecuted. Or how about Chik fil a. It's not being intolerant. People should be allowed to be against something without being persecuted. Because now the gay community is going against EVERYONE who is against it.

What about gay boys. Don't they have the right to enjoy the Boy Scouts organization.....

Des

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer777

Dolphins, dogs, elephants, chimpanzees, koalas, raccoons, lions...

That is a tiny sample of mammals that display homosexual behavior.

The link doesn't include the lists of amphibians, insects, birds, fish, reptiles and other misc creatures that also indulge in the behavior.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holidakd
Maybe instead of banning gays they should just threaten to slowly and painfully torture and kill any and all pedophiles

That should be the punishment for them. Rather than sending them to jail (which we pay for) to come out and be on a list. What's stopping them from doing that again

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Why should sex have to come into everything?
If asked if gay or straight, the reply should be allowed to be "none of anyone's business".

With some people, it's obvious.
Those people that seem half male, half female, their sexuallity obviously is not a choice, but they shouldn't be persecuted for it either.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
OKAY LET ME CLEAR SOME THINGS UP HERE. THIS THREAD WAS NOT HERE TO BASH GAYS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. IT WAS HERE TO BASH HOW AN ORGANIZATION IS SLOWLY LOSING ITS RIGHTS TO NOT ALLOW GAY PEOPLE IN THEIR ORGANIZATION. EVERYONE HAS THAT RIGHT. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOES NOT AGREE WITH IT, DOES NOT MAKE THEM A BAD PERSON. IF THEY WANT TO BE IN SCOUTS THEN MAKE A GAY SCOUTS AND DONT ALLOW STRAIGHT PEOPLE IN IT. I GUARANTEE THAT YOU WONT SEE STRAIGHT PEOPLE TRYING TO FORCE THEM TO LET US IN.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

it is a choice

Whoa there, no it isn't. People don't choose to be gay in the same way people don't choose to be straight. It's discrimination and I don't think it should be allowed. Sexual preference shouldn't come in to learning how to survive in the forest and tying knots.
edit on 3-2-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

it is a choice

Whoa there, no it isn't. People don't choose to be gay in the same way people don't choose to be straight. It's discrimination and I don't think it should be allowed. Sexual preference shouldn't come in to learning how to survive in the forest and tying knots.

But it is still the Boy Scouts' rights to not allow them in. THAT IS THEIR RIGHT

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

OKAY LET ME CLEAR SOME THINGS UP HERE. THIS THREAD WAS NOT HERE TO BASH GAYS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM. IT WAS HERE TO BASH HOW AN ORGANIZATION IS SLOWLY LOSING ITS RIGHTS TO NOT ALLOW GAY PEOPLE IN THEIR ORGANIZATION. EVERYONE HAS THAT RIGHT. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE DOES NOT AGREE WITH IT, DOES NOT MAKE THEM A BAD PERSON. IF THEY WANT TO BE IN SCOUTS THEN MAKE A GAY SCOUTS AND DONT ALLOW STRAIGHT PEOPLE IN IT. I GUARANTEE THAT YOU WONT SEE STRAIGHT PEOPLE TRYING TO FORCE THEM TO LET US IN.

I can only assume you are affiliated with the Boy Scouts, and this is a personal issue with you.

If not. You knew darn well this was going to be an emotional topic, and chose to post it anyway. So, don't go shouting at me Buddy....

Des

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I can only assume you are affiliated with the Boy Scouts, and this is a personal issue with you.

If not. You knew darn well this was going to be an emotional topic, and chose to post it anyway. So, don't go shouting at me Buddy....

I thought people could be mature enough to talk about the main issue. I was not intending it to be shouting. In caps so people will see it and read it
Des

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

it is a choice

But it is still the Boy Scouts' rights to not allow them in. THAT IS THEIR RIGHT

They shouldn't have that right, I think that's the whole point here.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
"losing it's rights to not let gay people in"

I wonder what people said when they had to start letting black people in restaurants, and women got the right to vote and own property, they allowed natives off the reserves....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join