It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Superbowl Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hi everyone !!!

Welcome to the party. The show's about to start. So grab a seat, some snacks and root for your favorite team. If you're not a fan of American football that's okay too. You're welcome to post about anything you want. (T&C applies). Tell us what you're doing. What food you prepared. Who's your favorite team in the NFL. Which team do you want to win. Or just post a comment about what's on your mind right now.

I was just sitting here at home about to watch the game. I'm watching the game by myself this year. Since I usually talk about conspiracies and annoy my friends and family. I figured I would come here to ATS instead. That way I can watch the game and still talk about conspiracies without annoying everybody in the room. It's always better to watch the game with friends though.

I'm a lifelong 49'ers fan. Let's get this party started ......... GO NINERS

edit on 3-2-2013 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Super snacks

CX

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Well i'm in the UK here.....haven't got a clue how to play the game......yet i always stay up to watch it!

Just tuned into it on BBC2 here if any Brits are interested.

I'd better go see what is in the fridge for the game, that seems to be the tradition isn't it?.

CX.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Brilliant,

Wishing The giants would have been in though

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Even though I'm a Texans fan I shall be rooting for the 49ers, mainly because I think Flacco is a doofus and I'm rooting AGAINST him!

The game menu consists of honey barbecue wings, pizza, cheese and cracker snacks, cherry and cream cheese danishes and red wine.

I am watching the game alone for the first time this year as it didn't feel right having the usual party with hubby out of town, but I will be razzing him via text each time SF scores (he is originally from Maryland and therefore a "frenemy" during football season).

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Eff the superbowl, I'm watching the puppybowl on animal planet

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ha ha, I like your style OP.
Turn the tables completely.

This year, instead of bugging football fans with conspiracy theories you have decided to bug conspiracy theorists with football.

Only joking, not a sports fan myself but enjoy the event. Its midnight on this side of the world so goodnight football fans, have fun.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

haven't got a clue how to play the game

I can try to give you a basic explanation and feel free to ask any questions.

Each team has 11 players. They flip a coin to see who gets the ball first. The game starts with what's called "The kick off". The team who won the coin flip chooses to kick or receive in the first half and when the second half starts the other team will kick off.

After the kick off, the first object is to try to move the ball a minimum of 10 yards to get a "first down". The team with the ball get 4 tries to move the ball 10 yards. Each try is called a "down". They have the option to throw the ball or run the ball on each try. If a team gets 10 yards they get 4 new tries to make it another 10 yards.

There are a few ways to score. But the two main ways are to get a "touchdown" worth 6 points by throwing the ball or running it across the goal line. If they score a touchdown they get to try for an extra point by kicking the ball between the goal post. The next way top score is a field goal. worth 3 point. If they kick the ball between the goal post. After a team scores they must "kick off" to the other team.
edit on 3-2-2013 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

The game menu consists of honey barbecue wings, pizza, cheese and cracker snacks, cherry and cream cheese danishes and red wine.

Sounds yummy. I made steak tacos and roasted chicken.

I was born and raised in San Francisco. But I actually lived in Baltimore for a year. When I lived in Baltimore they didn't have a football team. Their old team the Colts had moved to Indianapolis.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Eff the superbowl, I'm watching the puppybowl on animal planet

If the 49'ers weren't in the superbowl I might be watching that too.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

This year, instead of bugging football fans with conspiracy theories you have decided to bug conspiracy theorists with football.

Yup,

Only joking, not a sports fan myself but enjoy the event. Its midnight on this side of the world so goodnight football fans, have fun.

Have a goodnight

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Baltimore scores first.

7- 0

BOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

CX

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thanks for that explanation, much appreciated.

Ok, question......what does it mean when they say things like "3rd and 4"?

CX.

CX

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Also....how long is a game? I need to know so i can put some bacon under the grill at half time.

CX.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

"3rd and 4" means 3rd down (third out of 4 tries to advance 10 yards) and 4 yards left to make it to the 10 yard mark.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Also....how long is a game?

The game time is 15 minutes per quarter for a total of 60 minutes on the game clock.

The actual time it takes is usually about 3 hours.

Half time should be in about 1 hour.

CX

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thank you.

Probably sounds stupid, but it's little things like that which have always put me off watching to game more in the past because i just didn't get it.

I made a vow to change that this year though, so any help is most appreciated.

CX.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

There are 4 fifteen minute "quarters" in the game with a half time break in the middle. The actual time varies however due to the time clock stopping for various reasons (dead ball, time out, challenge, injury, etc.) and should the game be tied at the end it will go into overtime.

CX

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67
reply to post by CX

Also....how long is a game?

The game time is 15 minutes per quarter for a total of 60 minutes on the game clock.

The actual time it takes is usually about 3 hours.

Half time should be in about 1 hour.

You gotta be kidding me!!!!?

Off to sort the bacon out now.....i can't wait that long lol.

Thanks.

CX.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

My friend, you're not alone. A fellow Brit right here. I understand the game, but I remember the times trying to learn. Here's a little tip and yeah, it is stupid but It's how I learnt how to play and understand the rules etc... Buy Madden. It's basically their version of Fifa for us.

Seriously, it works, and especially as it's not often on TV. How you liking the game so far this year too, you have a team you're rooting for?
edit on 3-2-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join