It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we find the truth about Hotel 33??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Edit: Supposedly 32 people disappeared without a trace in 1953 from a hotel in Williamsport PA. It has recently popped up on various forums on the internet so I brought it here for the collective wisdom to debunk

Alright, I'll cut to the chase. I love reading things on here but have never tried to seriously start a topic. Mods I put this here because I pretty much think this is a hoax, however I can't think of a better group of people to bring this to to put my own mind at ease. Feel free to move to the appropriate forum (like you need my permission
lol)

I came across this story yesterday on a friend's facebook page and looked into it a bit. Here is a link to the "legend" Hotel 33 Disappearance

The article speaks for itself and doesn't take long to read. So far I have had zero luck finding any information linked to the names mentioned. I am from this area and have never heard a thing about this story; neither has my mom who grew up in the neighborhood where this supposedly happened or anyone else I have discussed this with. All of the information seems to have popped up spontaneously over the last month and a half or so and there are no news archives that I could find to support this via brief internet searches. Two things have me second guessing this....they are both inspired from this youtube video Hotel 33 interview

I was able to find the person supposedly being interviewed in an obituary guestbook and his post lines up with his own description of himself, so I think he may be at least a real person. The officer he refers to in the interview is in fact a real person and is still listed as a detective on the Williamsport police force. Can't for the life of me figure out why an active police officer would allow his name to be associated with this, well either way. If this has been a cover up I would think it would threaten his job and if this is a (very elaborate) hoax, which I suspect, it wouldn't bode well for his career either.

Another thing in reference to the video; it is mentioned that the tape of the interview was discovered during an office transfer and either the courthouse or police station (not sure how the offices are set up there) were moved a few years ago because a new facility was built. They made the old one into a restaraunt I believe.

Sorry if this is disjointed....I am in a hurry and had to post it now because I accidentally hit send before I was ready and am adding this info through the edit feature. I still really don't understand how to post things on here as beautifully as most op's.
edit on 2/2/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/2/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: because i am an idiot

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
How about some info on what you think Hotel 33 is..

Maybe a link to a story or, well, anything would be nice..

I found this only because I'm a nice guy..

www.hotel33legend.com...
edit on 2-2-2013 by baddmove because: did all the work for OP

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Perhaps you could give some further details about what hotel 33 is supposed to be? Is it some sort of haunted building or associated with some famous conspiracy?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
well what the heck is it? i love hearing about mysterious things, but this is just a little too vague for my taste. lol

second line
edit on 2-2-2013 by wondermost because: spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just a hotel like hotel 31, 32......

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Isn't hotel 33 at Disneyland or world or something? I have read about it, but am not an expert by far. People say it has to do with the Illuminate/Freemason type of conspiracies. Other than that I don't know much.

edit on 2/2/2013 by berbishchanish because: I think I'm thinking of Club 33....

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

You mean this...???

Williamsport, PA: On May 10, 1953, police discovered that all 32 people that were in the Grand Hotel on opening night— including guests and staff – disappeared. They vanished without a trace; their possessions left behind. The city boarded up the hotel and swept the story under the carpet. It became an urban legend, a myth, and residents started referring to the property as “Hotel 32.” In early 1993, the hotel was reopened and turned into a haunted tourist attraction. On April 10, 1993, three boys—Troy Belger, Rob Laden and Jacob Carr—spent the night in Hotel 32, Jacob Carr was never to be found again. On April 12, 1993, Detective Richard Kaminsky died while interrogating the two boys regarding their missing friend. Shortly after, the hotel mysteriously burned down and “Hotel 33” would become the center of a controversial haunted house tale for years to come.

Source

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i googled it and came up with nothing but links to book hotels at a Hotel 33 in New Delhi???????

Maybe the booking procedure is a real pain? i dont get it?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
omigosh, I can't believe so many people found this already! I explained in the edited post I hit send by accident. Sorry..... (there's no blushing smiley)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Deleted my post because OP added info to his OP. Thank You!

Des
edit on 2-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Sorry Des, I explained it in my edit. I simply hit enter before I meant to

edit on 2/2/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: because I can't spell either

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm just glad to read about something new on ATS. So you get my star and flag for that.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Thanks Gogo.....and I will probably never try to start a thread again lol. I have a very impatient husband glaring at me as I am trying to clear this up. I seriously hope someone has some great insight to this because so far all I have found is what I believe to be a bunch of liars claiming things about my hometown on the internet.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I found this:

www.hotel33hoax.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
And this thread can be moved to the hoax forum.

This person IS NOT a member of the Williamsport Police Dept.

Williamsport Police Directory

This is an attempt at a viral campaign for a movie, pathetic.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
And this thread can be moved to the hoax forum.

This person IS NOT a member of the Williamsport Police Dept.

Williamsport Police Directory

This is an attempt at a viral campaign for a movie, pathetic.

www.youtube.com...

Yes, I saw that video on the facebook page and immediately was able to confirm that the guy's name does not appear on the current list of personnel. However, as I said in the video I posted, the officer referenced is a current detective. At the very least he should be informed that his name is being used to further this story......
edit on 2/2/2013 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I was gonna' say, all of the web sites that refer to it, incl. the one calling it a hoax, sort of look like they were all made by the same person.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'll be doing some research on this over the next hour or two - I'll return with what I find. So far it seems that there isn't much information on the web about this.
I'll be hitting the books & some physical locations...It may take a while though as my boy in PA is gonna have to walk around a bit.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Don't worry about hitting the "post" button prematurely. For some reason I (and alot of others) do this
frequently. I think I've done it three times now

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

That's easy, it was Slenderman.

<<   2  3 >>

join