It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it a bird? Is it a Plane?........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So, Im driving home during rush hour in Anchorage Alaska. While waiting at a light I notice something zipping down out of the sky toward traffic. What got me was that it was very low and of good size.

Now aircraft fly through here all the time, but they are usually much higher in the sky. And Anchorage doesn't have ghetto birds. Coupled with the fact that there was no sound whatsoever, it zips down over the cars and disappears and this was yesterday.

There again was no noise, any aircraft being that low and you'd hear it. Also the manuever it pulled as it came down was nothing like what I know of aircraft to do.

The image (hoping it comes through good) was taken with a iPhone 4.

Pic Here

Sorry I cant seem to get it put up in the post, but I have a link for you at least! What do you think it is?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Here it is:

Can you please pinpoint where the object is? Are these bright blue lights part of it?

Also could it be possible to have access to the original photo with the full technical EXIF data? For some reasons they aren't there...

Photobucket does not strip the EXIF data. The image metadata/EXIF info is being stored on the files but the display of it is not yet available on the new Photobucket image view. You can test this by looking at the EXIF prior to uploading, then upload to Photobucket and download, and look at the EXIF again. It will still be there.

See here

With all these lights on a foggy/rainy day and with a photo taken through a windshield, It's not surprising to see reflections everywhere!
edit on 1-2-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Helicopter. Taken in a traffic jam.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Whoa you saw that?????????

I'd be all freaked out and scared, yet curious as hell.
Any news about it in the local paper?????

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Looks like a light reflection on the inside of the windshield.

**Edit to add** that everything in the image is in focus except the bright "lights in the sky", further suggesting that this is a light reflection in the windshield.

With that many people watching, there would be more independent images and definitely a news story of some sort. A quick search revealed that this is not the case.

Since you were the one admitting to seeing them in the sky and nobody else did, and since these look more like reflections coming from the inside of the vehicle, I'm smelling HOAX bin on this one.

By the way, the object would have lit up the snow falling in the sky around it like the street lights below are lighting up the falling snow as well. HOAX bin, please.

edit on 1-2-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

are you talking about seeing the load of blue lights or the the ones up to the left
i can't see any object within the blue lights they look like a reflection but then if you seen it fly past then i haven't a clue

edit on 1-2-2013 by darknewt because: spelt like wrong

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Its obviously a reflection from inside the car.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My reaction after seeing the title was:
No - it's SuperTed!

Anyway, as some other's have asked - where are we supposed to look in the picture? The blue-ish lights just look like a reflection. One of the smaller white dots to the left?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Can you describe how it looked to you, I'm guessing it looked different to how it looks in the picture.
I'm not one of the clever people but there are lights all over that picture, thanks for posting it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That is the most unsymmetrical UFO I have ever seen.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Whatever the blue light is, it is inside the car, you can tell by the way it is reflecting of the snow/rain on the windscreen.

To the OP, are you referring to something else in the picture?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I realize the title of this thread is a Superman reference (It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman!).

The thing I never understood about that quote though, is why were the people who yelled the first 2 things so excited?

Anyways...

I'd bet money that those are just reflections on the inside of the windshield coming from the headlights of the cars behind you.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The saturation on the camera is high and the colors are off. To me it looks like a big plane but as you said it is too low for that area and seemed to make no noise. The plane could be coming in for a landing and it's engines were down to slow down. Did it appear to be blue when you saw it or is that all the camera. Was this real close to an airport?

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I think the "blue" lights are really the reflections of white lights (headlights from behind the car). Just like how the red brake lights look orange/yellow in that picture.

I am no photo expert though, it just appears that there are a lot of warped colors like you mentioned.
edit on 1-2-2013 by csuldm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So you have a photo of something that was moving at a high rate of speed, while you are sitting still...and it is clearly reflecting off of the windshield....airplane/helicopter. The end.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

I go by the evidence that was given. The guy said he saw this outside of the car. He mentioned that planes were common here but this one seemed to low. The camera saturation is high on the taillights also, possibly from the low light situation and not from an on purpose setting. The lights seem to be on this thing so they would be hitting the windshield and subsequently the camera lens also. This could give it this effect also and be messing with the camera's sensors. I don't know but I can't throw out his observation statements automatically. Could be anything.
edit on 1-2-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The object is less than 1000 yards away, yes it was taken through a windshield, no flash was used. And it was not snowing or raining, what you are seeing is low cloud cover.

The 2 lights in the middle are what intially got my attention, it appeared to have wing like edges but not in a typical airplane kind of way. More circular.And yes the very ends are light glare.

And no, helicopters do not fly around traffic like that here, did you not read the OP? we do not use ghetto birds here. Most traffic reports come from small airplanes here. You will not see flying helicopters at all, its very rare if you do and even then they are miles up, not that close to the ground.

The total time elapse was just a couple of minutes for the encounter. You may not find news reports of it here, because they generally dont bother reporting that kind of stuff. That and have you ever noticed how many people don't look up? Then again most Alaskans don't really give a sh*t about anything so that could be it too..

edit on 1-2-2013 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Has the image been altered in any way?

EXIF????

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

No, it has not. And I assure the lot of you, those are not headlights from behind me glaring in my face. I watched this thing move away from the windshield field of view off to the top of my car.

Yes the lights do glare, wish I had stepped outside to take the pic, however, anchorage drivers no surviors. They hit pedestrians with cars here once a week for good measure.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

What about the EXIF data? Is this a photo or a still from video?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join