It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google vs. ATS: Censored like never before!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What brought you here to ATS where you were a new member? For me, and I am sure many others, Google brought me here with 4 out of every 5 searches. Today, nothing. Google is editing every user's results to one page. If you do a search on Google for "Above Top Secret." Make sure to use the quotes so it only finds that sequence of words. As predicted, you get 43 pages and then it cuts off.

Try this (added to "above top secret" : the same search, but add 'Obama' at the end. 23 Pages.

Try 'freemason' added to the same quoted three words and you get 22 pages, but only one link to ATS.

Try your user name. One page in most cases. Mine gets 12, but this is because my username is also used by a famous Englishman. What you WILL find is that your username will render one result from ATS. The rest will be from unrelated sites.

If you do a search for ("Secret Societies" ats), the top 3 results are from ATS and the rest are unrelated.

If you do one for "Above Top Secret" along with skunkworks, you get one result.

As a test to see if this was true for my own webpage, I searched the same method and I get 5 to 20 pages of results, mostly identifying my site or related content. I tried my other 6 sites and the same result happens.

Is it just me, or has this changed over the last year? Is it all forums where thousands of unique pages are simply filtered away from the results? For one thing, I know for a fact that a vast amount of websites reference ATS, blogs do the same and other forums mention ATS by name. Google results do not show this, but they formally did.

What say you?

While I'm at it, what ever happened to ATS Recap? I liked it.

edit on 31-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Your google searches are customized. No two users will get the same answers. Of course, this has great implications, but that's how it works. We ought to set up a test here.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Came up fine here.

Above Top Secret Popped up at top of the list.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Came up fine here.

Above Top Secret Popped up at top of the list.

True for me as well. The point is, only a few results show. Previously, there would be three hits on every page. I remember that I could not escape seeing the page before I was a member.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Start your google search with this:

site:abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

True.

But let me ask you a question? How many Google results do you really need to find ATS or it's contents? I mean, once you're here you can use ATS's search function.

No?

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

After reading your OP I "Googled" above top secret and got page after page after page of links to forums and threads on ATS- I gave up counting. Same with "Googling" my user name. After scanning many pages there was only one link that was to something besides one of my posts on ATS. I'm sure eventually I would have gotten to something else linked but I don't have all night. I did not put the names in quotation marks.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"Above Top Secret" resulted in a 50(+) page hit. I stopped hitting next once I reached 54.
"Above Top Secret Obama" gave me a 46 page hit.
"Above Top Secret Garkiniss" gave me 12 pages.

Were you prompted with the option to "repeat search with omitted results included?"

edit on 31-1-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
There is local offline personalized results
There is online persohalized results, when u are logged in with google email
slight, but often considerably difference.

If u remember there was a left option to search forums,
yet, they stil exists in advanced search.

Before, and sometimes after, google is very very often suggested search results from forums,
in some last time, search forum listings are reduced.

Also, forums, moderators, aka super admins, and above editors, have option to allow, or deny, some searches globally, read on search rythms as google.
It is possible to specially allow or deny to google read something or not, basicly they prevent spiders, and robots etc to crawl tomyour links and stuff. What u want or not. Or make those nonsishing stuff to appear dead, or nonexisted.

One of best ways, to u test appearings is to make some controvesial... Thread, and monitor it through some time.
When u or someone make thread, search it on google, write it exact as title of thread. Do that in next one min,
after, in next let say 10min., 30.min, one hour, day, two, etc hovever u want.
u can do that over some time, and u will see variables, of most actual, or non actual titles, or better to say wishful titles.

Above depend of optimisation of ats toward search rythams as googl, bing, etc.

Also, when u find out for new fresh mainstream news, be among first, then applymabove rule tomsearch it,
if it show among mainstream sites, and its cintent related to news or content u posted.
Then ats is competitive, but maybe, not for long term.
Maybe thst is choice of owners of ats. Or simply bigger respect, or weight on other news sites with greater rank or optimisation for particular word etc etc
lot of stuff can ad or undo, appearing or rank on google
edit on 31-1-2013 by wwwchronos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
If you do a search on Google for "Above Top Secret." Make sure to use the quotes so it only finds that sequence of words. As predicted, you get 43 pages and then it cuts off.

I got up to page 80 before decidinf that it might actualy return all 1.8 million results it said it had and I really didn't need to confim that.

Try this (added to "above top secret" : the same search, but add 'Obama' at the end. 23 Pages.

24 pages, and a link to say I can have the other 235 results that are "similar" if I really want them.

Try your user name.One page in most cases.

2 for me - I'm famous too!

Mine gets 12, but this is because my username is also used by a famous Englishman. What you WILL find is that your username will render one result from ATS. The rest will be from unrelated sites.

no - the top 3 are this site.

and if I "include omitted results" I get over 30 pages - and pretty mcuh all of them are here.

If you do a search for ("Secret Societies" ats), the top 3 results are from ATS and the rest are unrelated.

I got teh 3 results from ATS as you did - but a lot of the otehr resutls weer actualy othe "comspiracy" sites refering to discussions on ATS.

Is it just me, or has this changed over the last year? Is it all forums where thousands of unique pages are simply filtered away from the results? For one thing, I know for a fact that a vast amount of websites reference ATS, blogs do the same and other forums mention ATS by name. Google results do not show this, but they formally did.

What say you?

Google have always been filtering their results - TBH I dont' see the problem - ATS comes up on top when you expect it to - every single thread isn't there but yuo can then go to ATS and find them.

Or perhaps you cold if the ATS search feature were considerably more useful....hint hint!

And of course you can play around with googles advanced features to do stuff like return related URL's, etc.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

True.

But let me ask you a question? How many Google results do you really need to find ATS or it's contents? I mean, once you're here you can use ATS's search function.

No?

I guess it could be an efficiency issue with Google as well so that more than one site dominates. I am sure their process is refined continuously. I just haven't been noticing as many hits. There was a day when my username would come up when searching topics of my own interest that I had previously commented on. This does not happen and I notice that ATS is not as prominent lately in searches. This is what got me thinking about it.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I got page after page of hits with ATS and just to see...I used at least 5 search engines. It was the same on each. Page after page of ATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Above Top Secret comes up first for me too and I agree get Shuyler as the same things happen when someone directs me to do a Google search as well. I wouldn't throw it past anyone to use their abilities to be subversive and direct us away. With that being said IMO Google has lost a tremendous market share over the years to companies like Facebook, Twitter, etc....they're publicly traded so if it makes them more money screwing us over they'll do it and if it doesn't and they do it they're slitting their own throats.

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
What brought you here to ATS where you were a new member? For me, and I am sure many others, Google brought me here with 4 out of every 5 searches. Today, nothing. Google is editing every user's results to one page. If you do a search on Google for "Above Top Secret." Make sure to use the quotes so it only finds that sequence of words. As predicted, you get 43 pages and then it cuts off.

Try 'freemason' added to the same quoted three words and you get 22 pages, but only one link to ATS.

Try your user name. One page in most cases. Mine gets 12, but this is because my username is also used by a famous Englishman. What you WILL find is that your username will render one result from ATS. The rest will be from unrelated sites.

If you do one for "Above Top Secret" along with skunkworks, you get one result.

As a test to see if this was true for my own webpage, I searched the same method and I get 5 to 20 pages of results, mostly identifying my site or related content. I tried my other 6 sites and the same result happens.

What say you?

While I'm at it, what ever happened to ATS Recap? I liked it.

edit on 31-1-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

top topics

join