It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apache's on the Hunt!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I hope this is the correct Forum. If its not then I am sorry and please move it to the correct one. So here it goes. I live in a small Mississippi town about 100 miles south of Memphis, TN. There are no major military bases with an 60-70 mile radius. There is however, a small National Guard base about 6 miles from me. At about 3:30pm today, as I was waiting for my sons bus. I hear a loud rumbling not real far off, but still out of site. They keep getting louder and louder until 6+: of these fly directly over my house at a height of about 1000 ft or less. This has never happened before. I don't mean just military helicopters, but any helo's, private planes, ultralights, you name it. During the build up to the invasian of Iraq that Nat. Guard base was used to train troops before they left. Here is where they learned to cope with the heat of the dry desert. Our little town also has a small private airport. The government financed an additional runway, so C-130 type aircraft could learn and practice a specific type of landing, and take-off on a shorter than normal runway. I currently live almost.directly between the Nat. Guard base and the Airport, but I think they were going there because the base has a Helo Landing zone. So I am left wondering what these chop-chops are up to. If they are only practicing then it's a first, cause I have never seen any Apache's around here, much less training. I do have 1 pic, and a short video. I have to upload it somewhere first. Since my only internet connection is my cheap android phone cause I live in the country and that satellite crap sucks..

To Be Continued...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nevermind.

Wrong state. I tend to mush all southern states into one big pile of, well. Sorry.

I don't know what is going on in your situation. But what I said about, the MCAGCC is still correct.

edit on 30-1-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

That was in Alabama, and they were flying north.
edit on 30-1-2013 by geldib because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It's obvious you are the one who is not aware.
(Alabama)
Keep us updated OP
edit on 30-1-2013 by Obsessed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by geldib

OMG

EGG ALL OVER MY FACE !

I feel "teh stoooopid"

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Hopefully the tough guys will make sure the child is out of the bunker and safe before they open fire with those gunships.
History tells me nope!

OP, I'm thinking it is just an exercise.
The military does many stupid wonderful things!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No problem, I don't pick on people because of a mistake, like others do.

Does anyone know of an android friendly image hosting website thats free?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by geldib

Thanks, I appreciate that.

As for your question, no. I'm sorry. They seem to charge for everything theses days.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I agree, that it could be an exercise, but then I have to ask myself, why? Like I said in my OP, that the only training our base does is Infantry, and a Aborted Landings on a short runway exercise, at the municipal airport. These were only done during the summer months during the build up to invade Iraq and for a few years after. So what are they training for?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by geldib

dont know about android i'm stil using flinstone version
of a cell phone, but photobucket.com is decent if it works
with your phone.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If someone could host them for me I would email them to that person. Its a short video of couple helicopters flying by and 1 pic.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Thanks, I will go check it out.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Ok here is the only pic. I still have to upload the video clip, I wanted to post this before some troll accuses me of lying or someone says "Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
For some reason it won't let me upload the video. I bet I need to convert it to avi or something. I will post it asap.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
That isn’t low! That looks to be normal cruising altitude.

You should see them around here. Coming up the valley below the hill tops.
Making the tops of the trees sway as they pass over head.

What is fun is when you see some wart hogs running around. You are on the top of a hill and you see one pass along the side of the hill below you. You are actually looking down on them as they pass by. They are probably 100 feet off the ground.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I finally got it uploaded to youtube, it only took me 2 seconds once it dawned on me to use it.

>www.m.youtube.com...

The first helicopter that passed by was the lowest, it flew directly over my house real low, I could've hit it with a rock w/slingshot. The other helos were more to the left of my house, and higher. It seemed like the first 2 were the lowest, second pair a little higher and the last 2 the highest.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by geldib
I finally got it uploaded to youtube, it only took me 2 seconds once it dawned on me to use it.

www.m.youtube.com...

The first helicopter that passed by was the lowest, it flew directly over my house real low, I could've hit it with a rock w/slingshot. The other helos were more to the left of my house, and higher. It seemed like the first 2 were the lowest, second pair a little higher and the last 2 the highest.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I have no clue how I quoted my own post while trying to edit my link so it would work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join