It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook petition to stop people saying it’s a hoax…

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If 25,000 people are allowed to change and influence the way of people's lives in america than this country is a giant sack of # and needs to be completely revamped. As everyone can tell america is destined to fall apart and re-write a brand new constitution (or revised). I guarantee the next president in charge is going to completely destroy this country.

If people would stop passing laws and bringing up issues with emotion we wouldn't have over 75% of these ridiculous laws in place. I love how everyone is so blind to notice that the media is in place to cause fear so they can influence weak minded people, blinded by emotion, so the government can easily pass laws.

People wake up and use knowledge stop basing fact off of emotion. It takes an illuminated mind to realize that emotion is a crutch.

If people would realize that, as you would call them, "the Illuminati" are trying to weed out the beast of men so that intellect can prosper in mans future, illuminating the mind. In the end the Illuminati are trying to help man. I'm not saying a lot of people agree with their mind of thinking but they are trying to ensure that man doesn't fail. We are being tested constantly every day and we fail in their eyes to learn from our primitive ways.

Good morning. Sorry for the rant.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
It just seems so odd to me that people would go through so much trouble to limit what another person think and say on a specific event. Just amazing. Do they not know what ditch you dig for another you dig for yourself?

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am sure it happened. However the fact is that it did not happen the way the media reported it. They were killed with handguns, not an assault rifle. If there is one lie involved then there must be more. When the media decides to report the factual news rather than lying to fit an agenda there will be fewer cries of hoax.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sandy Hook was the biggest disaster in terms of media coverage, police protocalls, and political capital.

Gun rights were made a national movement in an incident that has not been
Detailed in any official report yet used as a backbone for a political power move.

Changing the tone of what really happened in Newtown would be more than revisiting or completeing i should say, a propper investigation. It would would involve a lot of VIPs outting their foot
In their mouth and jumoing off rather large politucal platforms.

It would be like 911 being reinvestigated. It could never happen. too much has been built on top of it to take it down

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

What I am worried about is some of these anti human rights tyrants will get so raged out because all of their ignorant comments get dubunked, that they will take it to the next level.

So to prove their points about why we need to ban guns and free speech, they will go get guns and create new massacres and martyrs just to prove why rights need to be eliminated.

Many of them are raging so hard agianst freedom that I can see it coming already.
I wish I were wrong but alas, I fear I am not.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
most people arent saying the shooting didnt happen, its just that we are being lied to about the evidence. hence the hoax.

initial reports said no rifle was used or inside the school, then it changed.

2 people were arested outside the school, one was fleeing police.

where he got the guns is another issue.

what type of drugs was he on? if he suddenly stopped takeng them, that could cause him to get violent.

why were they unloading guns from his car in the dark...wouldnt they have looked for his vehicle right away....he could have been like the Aurora shooter and put a bomb at his house or in the car knowing where the children would exit for fire drills.

too much bad info and misleading stories.

so the petition writers are just trying to silence the 1st amendment, so obama can go after the 2nd!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The downright stupid part of this petition is that THERE IS NO OFFICIAL STORY YET, meaning its absurd to use the term hoax, or to force people to stop using the term hoax.

Until we have 'their' account of what happened, its ALL conjecture.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I don't buy into any conspiracy when it comes to Sandy Hook and I still wouldn't sign this petition.
People should be free to believe what they want.
If you think there is a conspiracy then I respect that. All we can do is agree to disagree.

I don't ever want to be held accountable for a belief. Next we start drowning people and burn them at the stake.

Exactly. I may be utterly offended at the extremes some people go in their free time to make things up and spout it as rational well thought out fact (despite being bereft of any such thing) but I have to draw the line at silencing people simply because I don't agree with them. Never have and never will consider that the right thing to do.

Even in this, if we start to make a mockery of the concept of free speech (despite us here in this country having no implied right under our constitution) then we may as well just sew our lips shut and bend over.

It's sad to see that it has to be mandated in the minds of some, what others consider simple common sense.

Makes it no so common and therefore something to be held to higher regard than the desires of those who would silence it.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Funny thing happened this week in the UK

A UK TV show called UTOPIA, surprised there has not been a thread about this, but please, anyone feel free to make one.

It concerns some rogue bio technology corporation, that has infiltrated the UK government and is planing on releasing a virus to wipe out most of the earths population, some folks catch wind of there plans and are on the run from these people.

WEIRD THING THOUGH.

At first they discredit the targets publicly, one with the usual, rape allegations, but then this corporation decide to have a gunman run riot in an English school, murdering a lot of school children.

CCTV footage is then fabricated to show the killer being a young boy, one of the people on the run, and he is effectively framed in the national media.

This is a new show and its third episode came on a few nights ago.

Sorry for taking this EVER SO SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC, but it is something to think about you know.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I guess we need a petition to stop media and Connecticut State Police from constantly changing elements in the story while we're at it.

I agree that Sandy Hook was not a hoax but the 1st amendment protects even offensive speech. I see similarities between hate speech laws and the current attack on the 2nd Amendment where we want to set arbitrary and conditional limits on what our rights are. That is a very slippery slope; one we'll regret ever venturing on to.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
To quote John Goodman in 'The Big Lebowski": "the Supreme Court has ROUNDLY rejected prior restraint!" To outlaw any use of words is prior restraint, plain and simple, and is unconstitutional.

"I don't care. I'm finishin my coffee!"
edit on 30-1-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

I do not think the event itself was a hoax, but I do think the government was waiting for such an event so they could put their spin-machine to work to advance their anti-gun agenda.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Bits and pieces are being ripped from the Constitution as you can see. We lost the 4th Amendment with NDAA and now we are slowly losing our 1st. Once you try to limit the 1st Amendment you are going to see the whole Amendment in a trashcan.

Limiting our freedoms because you think it's offensive? Seriously!? I find limiting our civil liberties more offensive then questioning events. And what's wrong with questioning events exactly? There is nothing wrong with questioning anything. If the families find the material offensive, they DON'T have to read it!

What's more offensive is rolling on your belly and accepting what the TV is telling you. Furthermore, there's not an official report yet. On top of that there are numerous holes within the original theory of what happened there. Not having a thorough investigation of the events taken place is an insult to the people who died. If I was shot in that building I would want a thorough and comprehensive investigation taken place. No red tape. No Bull#.

And the fact that this website is heavily censoring ideas on this topic is not surprising, the scariest part is some people on this forum actually believe in not questioning event's because you might be offending people.

/end rant

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What's more offensive is rolling on your belly and accepting what the TV is telling you

Conspiracy sites are taking off, There are thousands and thousands of them. With so many who's to say there's any difference betwixt msm and ctm? (conspiracy theory media)
It might have been different ten years ago, but at this point I'll stick with Reuters but keep an open mind.
There is a danger involved in believing in nothing.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I've looked at this thread a couple of times today and refrained from adding to the conversation. The whole tragedy still puts my emotions in an uproar across the board.

I am a Liberty Loving individual. I believe in freedom. I believe that as long as a persons freedom does not impede upon another person's freedom, we should be just that...free....free to live as we want, free to "life liberty and the pursuit of happiness"...free to face life on our own individual terms....

There are many times people in the media...radio, television....have said things that irritate the crap out of me...but I hold steadfast that it is their right to speak their mind. I will not try to silence them even when I completely disagree with them.

I find it a sad-sad day when tragedy can be used as a weapon...a tool to further agendas or silence your opposition. I do not care how terrible a thing happens, stripping rights away from another person simply because you disagree with them or find their words offensive and hurtful ...is about as low as you can get.

When this terrible thing happened, I spent the first couple of days wondering, asking questions and pondering possibilities. It was my personal way of dealing with it...it was MY coping mechanism. Since that time I have dropped out of the conversations...I choose not to dwell on it anymore.

But back on topic. If someone's words or speech offends or upsets you...then do not listen to or read them...it is really that simple. As a Libertarian, I will not sit back quietly while others attempt more and more controls and will use anything as justification....Dirty, rotten, scoundrels that will never let a tragedy go to waste...
edit on 1/30/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I feel the same way as you about what happened in Sandy Hook, exactly the same way. But the petition must be talked about and the people who signed it should know what the rest of us think about it. It doesn't look like they will get the necessary signatures for the administration to respond to it but I don't think it means we should ignore it. Because that's how they sneak in the NDAA types of attacks on our rights.

I am pleased to see that most ATS members who replied to this thread still believe in freedom.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
Bits and pieces are being ripped from the Constitution as you can see. We lost the 4th Amendment with NDAA and now we are slowly losing our 1st. Once you try to limit the 1st Amendment you are going to see the whole Amendment in a trashcan.

Limiting our freedoms because you think it's offensive? Seriously!? I find limiting our civil liberties more offensive then questioning events. And what's wrong with questioning events exactly? There is nothing wrong with questioning anything. If the families find the material offensive, they DON'T have to read it!

What's more offensive is rolling on your belly and accepting what the TV is telling you. Furthermore, there's not an official report yet. On top of that there are numerous holes within the original theory of what happened there. Not having a thorough investigation of the events taken place is an insult to the people who died. If I was shot in that building I would want a thorough and comprehensive investigation taken place. No red tape. No Bull#.

And the fact that this website is heavily censoring ideas on this topic is not surprising, the scariest part is some people on this forum actually believe in not questioning event's because you might be offending people.

/end rant

This is not a rant forum. As you say there is no official report as yet, while presuming that any report might not be dealing with any anomalous material, and also presuming that any investigation will not be thorough, that makes no sense. This thread is about stopping people who say that the whole thing was a hoax, yet you are saying many people, including mostly children, did die, and so is not a hoax.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

The links are gone... that's interesting.

God, people are pathetic.

People are going to speculate about something like Sandy Hook, because look at what it's spawned? Super gun control problems. You know what this is?

It's the sheeple of this country, kicking, screaming, and sucking their thumbs because they don't want to hear the harsh opinions of others. Boo freakin hoo.

Just like the kindergarden teachers in schools now, who aren't allowed to say "Indian style" anymore. Now they have to say "cross-cross-apple sauce." Because the other saying might offend Indians.

Excuse me?

We came here and slaughtered the Indian tribes, claiming their land as our own. If that didn't "offend" them, surely saying the word "Indian" shouldn't. Do we get offended when people call us "white people?" No, because--hello--we ARE white people.

Exactly how SPINELESS and IGNORANT has our country gotten?

edit on 30-1-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join