It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the skeptics: What would it take to make you believe in alien visitation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
In a technological world of Photoshop and CGI effects, photographs and video footage can no longer be taken seriously. If a photo / video footage is too distant / blurry, people complain that it could be anything. But if it's too good, people say it's a digital creation.

Even if it was suddenly being reported all over the media that UFOs had been sighted all over the globe, complete with video evidence and confirmation from the highest people in government, would you believe it then?

If you looked out of your window tonight and saw the sky filled with UFOs, would you believe it? Or would you just say it was a false flag holographic invasion like Project Blue Beam?

Tell me. What would would it take to make you believe that aliens have visited our planet? What proof?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
physical evidence. disclosure. clear video. personal experience. .all the things we dont have.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IBelieveInAliens

When things are altered there is evidence even with pictures and film/video mistakes are made we have a few threads on here with hoax pictures and video and how do they get caught out.

We have many members that work with video or are photographers etc they can use there expertise to work things out out.

As for proof there is more chance of a sceptic finding it because they don't assume every picture/video is a ufo or proof of one.

They look at what they see,go through obvious solutions and see whats left.

I am a sceptic but if I found a picture I thought was real I would back it to the hilt but first I use my 30+ years as an amateur photographer to decide what I am seeing!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

If you looked out of your window tonight and saw the sky filled with UFOs, would you believe it? Or would you just say it was a false flag holographic invasion like Project Blue Beam?

I'll let you know the moment that happens.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
landing on my front lawn.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Seeing is believing. Cliche but its very true. While Ive seen some strange UFO type objects, nothing that convinces me it a little green alien in a spacecraft.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

The story of President Eisenhower meeting aliens in 1954 on 3 separate occasions remains fairly persistent and is an intriguing story.

The official explanation was that Eisenhower just went to the dentist, but they never found any evidence of him going to any dentist that day.

Timothy Good (a former U.S. Congress and Pentagon consultant) bought this story to the forefront.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Here are some good threads regarding this.......
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Timothy Goods book Alien Base has some very well researched accounts of visitations.

In the end, you will either believe or you won't.

We have been visited in our past, imo, and still are.

What 'they' are, where 'they" come from and what "they" want are the real issue(s)
edit on 29-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because: added link

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

The story of President Eisenhower meeting aliens in 1954 on 3 separate occasions remains fairly persistent and is an intriguing story.

And it remains just that, a story. As another poster stated, physical evidence, trustworthy documentation and personal experience would be a good first step.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well, I would believe in Aliens if one parked his ship in my back yard and came in for coffee. Heck I'd even offer him some homemade cookies. I gotta go make cookies now in case the aliens are monitoring this site.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
When there is undeniable evidence of alien visitation then ill believe it.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBelieveInAliens
In a technological world of Photoshop and CGI effects, photographs and video footage can no longer be taken seriously. If a photo / video footage is too distant / blurry, people complain that it could be anything. But if it's too good, people say it's a digital creation.

Even if it was suddenly being reported all over the media that UFOs had been sighted all over the globe, complete with video evidence and confirmation from the highest people in government, would you believe it then?

Tell me. What would would it take to make you believe that aliens have visited our planet? What proof?

Maybe a visit from an extra terrestrial would suffice as proof as you asked, but to believe, that"s simple, a belief is a choice, I will choose to believe when I choose to, at this moment I believe the alien visitation ideas are used as a form of social manipulation by corporations and government to keep a good strangle hold on as many as possible.

Its possible and probable that some have been visited by off world beings but not on a scale as proposed and the real visits if any would be so personal and private that the internet is the last place one would find the proof they're looking for.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

No. You got the question wrong. The skeptics are those who doubt the mainstream perception of a given subject - the de facto truth if you will.

You are the skeptic.

Anyway, what would it take?
Actual proof.

You can show me all the video of flying things you want, and you can even convince me that the videos are legit, and it STILL wouldn't constitute proof of alien visitation.

To me it seems more plausible that a given technology seen here is also developed here by, say, a military-industrial complex unbeknownst to the public, rather than a technology seen here is developed off planet by beings unbeknownst to mankind and then brought here.

It is pretty much a fact that state of the art aerospace is always secret, so when presented with proof of amazing aerial technology it would require only a little leap of faith to accept that the state of the art was way ahead of anything previously imagined.

It would, on the other hand, require a huge leap of faith to accept that a) aliens exist, b) is way more advanced than us, c) is visiting earth, d) is showcasing their technological superiority and possibly d) being kept a secret by the so called powers that be.

And I'm not big on the whole dogmatic faith thing.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
physical evidence. disclosure. clear video. personal experience. .all the things we dont have.

You mean like the material recovered from Roswell in '47? Or the hundreds of Military Personel who have testified? Or the real videos and photos out there? NASA Images perhaps? Or maybe even millions of personal accounts?

The proofs in the open for all to see - and yet the skeptics still deny - as is in their nature.
edit on 29-1-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Absolute undeniable proof. Lots of it.
Right now I know they haven't because any entity capable of crossing both time and space to get here would know that Earth does not keep any of it's wisdom, treasure, or beauty in the anal orifice of a redneck.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As a first hand witness to a flying saucer my self, you skeptics could never quite possibly comprehend the lulz you give us believers.

AS WE SAW THEM WITH OUR OWN EYES.

Thus we have more knowledge than you.

Keep denying, because WE know the truth

edit on 29-1-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Care to define what the words proof and skeptic mean in your opinion?

What you mention is not proof and say skeptics deny

Please define the two words to see if we are on the same page

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

AS WE SAW THEM WITH OUR OWN EYES.
Thus we have more knowledge than you.

Knowledge is power but unfortunately it isn't proof .

For decades I've searched for the truth of this subject , searched for the proof of ET visitation and Alien piloted UFOs but over the last few years my fervent belief has turned to grudging acceptance that the truth is out there but it may not be the truth we were looking for , or wanted .

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Pretty sure that would be towards the bottom of the assumption list for a "skeptic".

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Knowledge is power. I'm sorry you can't share the same exsperiences as my self.

Keep looking up and one day you WILL see.

My first UFO appeared directly in front of me, as though it was purposeful.

Since then I have seen around 7 other unexplainable ariel phenomena.

@ the guy who replied to me above - try the Oxford dictionary perhaps?

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's a fair question, but a two-sided one.

For believers in the ETI hypothesis, I pose the same question.

What evidence would persuade you that the theory has been 'falsified', that is, determined to be unrequired to explain the phenomenon of UFO reports?

For proof of ETI, we discussed this at OMNI magazine in the 1990's and here's the result:

www.jamesoberg.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join