It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British mp David ward speak the truth about Israel and Palestine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
British liberal democrat David ward spoke out about what Israel is doing to the Palestinians now some people in Britain are demanding an apology and some are demanding him to resign ,,

What i find shocking is how he was portrayed on the media for speaking the truth ,

i will now attempt to place links here for you

davidward.org.uk... y-book-of-commitment

i would like to here your views on why you think the truth is frowned on these days

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
sorry about the link it does not work for some reason if you have twitter you can find the story and david ward there @DavidWardMP sorry i will try to get a better link to the article

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
That seemed a fairly harmless statement??

So whos calling for resignations or sackings? It didnt say anything about it in the linked article

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

He has been forced to apologise by the Liberal Democrat party - quite ironic they are called that and then slam one of their own for having an opinion on something.

It's not as if he actually lied or was particularly critical either, he just pointed out the obvious. But as to be expected, his party buckled under the weight of the Pro-Israel lobby and made him say sorry.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seethetruth

In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
In my opinion it was slightly contentious on the Holocaust Remembrance Day to blame "Jews" for what is happening in Palestine. He should have been smart enough to have made the distinction between zionists and Jews.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
In my opinion it was slightly contentious on the Holocaust Remembrance Day to blame "Jews" for what is happening in Palestine. He should have been smart enough to have made the distinction between zionists and Jews.

agreed.... and while IMO he deserves credit for stating what he did and surely chose the day of rememberance as otherwise it may not have been reported, it comes over as somewhat crass and he should have found a different way to garner some positive publicity.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
That seemed a fairly harmless statement??

So whos calling for resignations or sackings? It didnt say anything about it in the linked article

The call for him resign was from a rabbi in Manchester and i watched that on sky news

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Watched it, rabbi was in leeds

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

davidward.org.uk... y-book-of-commitment
[/quodavidward.org.uk... signs-the-holocaust-memorial-day-book-of-commitmentte]

As you can see i tried what you suggested and that hasn't worked for me either i know it will be me doing something wrong but thats just me and computers
edit on 28-1-2013 by seethetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Aaaaah! They have that one covered too.

Criticism of Jews = Anti-semitism
Criticism of Israel in general = Anti-semitism
Criticism of Zionists, who are of course "Jewish" = Anti-semitism too

edit on 28-1-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Aaaaah! They have that one covered too.

Criticism of Jews = Anti-semitism
Criticism of Israel i general = Anti-semitism
Criticism of Zionists, who are of course "Jewish" = Anti-semitism too

i agree you can not say anything about them with out been anti-semitic

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lukeUK

Watched it, rabbi was in leeds

Sorry i stand corrected Leeds my mate would kill me for getting Leeds and Manchester mixed up as according to him Leeds is the only one of the two with a good football team

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

He has been forced to apologise by the Liberal Democrat party - quite ironic they are called that and then slam one of their own for having an opinion on something.

It's not as if he actually lied or was particularly critical either, he just pointed out the obvious. But as to be expected, his party buckled under the weight of the Pro-Israel lobby and made him say sorry.

No politician should ever be told to apologizes for telling the truth as telling the truth and politician never usually go together in the same sentence,,

who are the pro Israeli lobby ? do we have any names of the lobby members

top topics

join