It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pull up your pants" or Face Fines.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by Mamatus

Yeah, I remember hot pants

We may have had our odd fashion mistake, like the mullet [shudder] but there is just something offensive and downright disgusting at times about someones' pants hanging so low they have to walk like a saddle sore cowboy.
What gets me, is they actually think that looks cool. Most times it's just sad or funny.

That hurts, I still have a mullet

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce
reply to post by snarky412

Boxers exposed are one thing, but if anyone has gym shorts underneath the pants, this stupid law CANNOT be enforced! Matter of fact I'm going to start sagging with gym shorts on, and if i'm stopped and fined...well I promise mr popo is losing his job

Trust me, the ones standing in line in front of me are not wearing gym shorts.

I usually kid them about "hey man, you're losing your pants"....LOL.
Some times they'll act embarrassed other times they could give a [email protected] harm done, just looks tacky.

Another thing is when they wear colors that clash....that really adds to the tackiness.
Say boxer shorts in a burgundy color [silk] and bright red pants......ugh!! Harmful on the eyes to say the least.....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Fantastic...sick of looking at kids underwear and I live just outside of Boston....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

wow, i share your feelings as this is pretty endemic amongst a lot of whippersnappers here in the uk - i think it's way daft to go around with your pants/buttocks/skid-marks on display, but to legislate on it and waste police time with this is even more silly.

i have recently thought about remarking to said young men (i'm not really that old myself
), "sexy pants, dude" or "you left some skidders when you wiped" sheerly for entertainment and mischiefs sake... i'm holding back but i feel i may not be able to resist much longer.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark
What's shame. But it can go both ways really. It's been fun picking out those egotistical fools in society based on how they dress. Saggin' pants is one of them. I love how these people think they are so 'cool' when in reality they are really just living an illusion.
edit on 26-1-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

Don't forget the Tapout tshirts. That's a tell sign that you just ran into a douche

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm almost certain you can already get a ticket in Chicago for sagging your pants. But then again, I wouldn't know because I wear pants that fit me.
-Sagging pants culture is preposterous in my opinion, but I don't believe you should get a ticket for it. I guess if these idiots want to walk around with thier undies showing... why not just walk around without the pants in just undies?
You can get a ticket for loose pants... but you won't get a ticket for wearing shorts or a speedo.. Girls don't get tickets for wearing bakinis in public.... Maybe it's just another way for them to make money?

PS.
Don't get me wrong, Id love to live in a city where all the girls walk around in bakinis (well at least some of them...Obesity is an epidemic).
edit on 28-1-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Well, I had one too. Just thinking of when I look at old pictures.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
About damn time someone did something about these oversized clothes- wearing halfwits and their moronic gang-banger ways.

Off with all their heads!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

This being a politically correct world as of late I decided to coin these idiot children as "Ethnically Challenged".
Face it, the entire saggy pants thing started in The Hood. Sad that Television has somehow led these kids to think it is good to dress and act like losers.

edit on 26-1-2013 by Mamatus because: added pic

edit on 26-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

Actually this look did not start "in the hood". It started in prisons. Wearing your pants saggy with your butt hanging out was how inmates advertised their "availability" to other inmates.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Being 47 years old I have seen a pretty full range of fashion come and go. Bell bottoms, skinny jeans, Levi's and hot pants (still miss those) never showed ones undergarments. There was also a time when emulating someone of color was an ass-kickable offense. Now it is a form of flattery.

I saw MTV go live. Anyone remember the first song? It was the Bugles, "Video Killed the Radio Star". Damn prophetic that was. Now we got little white boys dressing like thugs, thumping subs and driving lowered cars. Nothing funnier than seeing a white boy say "whats up N_____R" to another white boy.

This being a politically correct world as of late I decided to coin these idiot children as "Ethnically Challenged".
Face it, the entire saggy pants thing started in The Hood. Sad that Television has somehow led these kids to think it is good to dress and act like losers.

[size=10][color=#FF6600]TRUTH! I hate to see these stupid youngsters. I just cringe whenever I have to be around folks that act so dumb.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I agree. Wear some shorts and then let your pants sag. If you get fined and/or arrested, then they've went too far with this. So far that they're blind. When that happens, you just know...

I agree about normal jeans. You CAN SEE a guys junk. Isn't that indecent?

Ever seen a fat guy bend over to grab something and catch a glimpse of his underwear?

I don't like baggy pants, but the reality is I rarely if ever see them where I live. And I think I'm more grossed out by a guy in speedos without a shirt or anything else during summer.

I knew someone that was gay that used to ask me why a guy can be shirtless but a woman has to wear a bra. He told me he didn't see a difference. He liked to look at shirtless guys that're built strong. He had this thing for strong men. I don't know if some woman do, but probably.
edit on 28-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Being 47 years old I have seen a pretty full range of fashion come and go. Bell bottoms, skinny jeans, Levi's and hot pants (still miss those) never showed ones undergarments. There was also a time when emulating someone of color was an ass-kickable offense. Now it is a form of flattery.

I saw MTV go live. Anyone remember the first song? It was the Bugles, "Video Killed the Radio Star". Damn prophetic that was. Now we got little white boys dressing like thugs, thumping subs and driving lowered cars. Nothing funnier than seeing a white boy say "whats up N_____R" to another white boy.

His boxers are twisted. He might wanna fix that - IMO looks uncomfortable, since I've encountered that before. >.>

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Excellent!

Fine em!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Im actually glad for this law. Im tired of seeing peoples butt cracks. Pull them up or look like a fool.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
GOOD. This "style" has nothing to do with fashion or self-expression, I've always felt subtly assaulted by people wearing it. It's not comparable to fashion styles that you may find completely disagreeable/unaesthetic (like some feel about the goth,punk etc styles). To those who compared it to women's cleavages/legs- that's just hilarious.

Learn how to make proper analogies. And stop defending these trend-victims showing their underwear like it's alright to do so in public. It isn't.
That being said, jail time is ridiculous, as much as I hate these buffoons. Extremely high fines will definitely do.
edit on 28-1-2013 by sleepdealer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Lets be honest if you sit in a chair with your underwear that's unsanitary. So in that essence this isn't a crazy bill at all and honestly pull your pants up, FYI this is from the black alliance and FYI mostly people of ethnic race sag their pants. So they seem to be policing themselves, I say this is a thumbs up to the ethnic community.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
This is insulting.

What right does the government have to tell people how they can or cannot dress? They're not nude.

Completely agree here. This is just absolute crap. I personally hate that look and think it looks idiotic and stupid. But people are allowed to wear bathing suits, and many bathing suits cover a lot less than a lot of underwear. Underwear is covered and not nude, as the law decrees. It's a style, like it or not, and they're coming down on a style. Stupid, provincial and backward as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I don't like baggy pants, but the reality is I rarely if ever see them where I live. And I think I'm more grossed out by a guy in speedos without a shirt or anything else during summer.

HA......Amen Brother, Amen.

Speedos themselves should be outlawed!!!!!!!!

Definitely worse than baggy pants IMO....

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
How many of the people cheering for this fine and legislation are the same ones complaining about gubment being to involved?

It's funny how hypocritic many people really are...LOL!!!!

It shows that people don't want less government...you want less government only for yourself and people who think like you.

And no saggy pants didn't originate from gay men in prison, that was propaganda placed out there in an effort to sway the youth. Saggy pants started in two manners, hand me down clothing and the one size fits all from prison. It then evolved to the youth telling society basically to kiss their arse. It's a form of rebellion to a society where.....surprise, surprise.....we have people who swear they are for freedom and less government intrusion, then turn and support the such.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
We had the saggy pant law in Virginia beach for awhile..it didn't last long ....I hate seeing kids wearing their pants like that...but the police handed out tickets foe a whole summer here, but then their was an proar and they stopped handing out tickets. We also have the " no swearing" allowed signs posted on the street corners too. The police rarely hand out tickets for that, but they tried ticketing for that for awhile too.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join