It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps a Rational Point of View is Needed.. GUNS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There is much to say on both sides of this argument and reading here on ATS one would imagine it has all been said.. Maybe not

While there is definitely an argument to be made about not having guns in the United States, that argument was ruled moot in the early 1600,, We have guns, we have always had guns and nothing short of magic or an impossible massive home raid will ever change that.

So we have guns.. Now what?

Maybe we need to start looking at this for what it is. A People Issue. For a fact, it is people using those guns to hurt and kill. Another fact is that those guns would never get up on their own and kill anyone. A further fact is that if any of those killers was convicted in his pursuit, and it appears they were, they would have found other means to do their deeds.

I have guns. My children were raised around guns. My children were taught to shoot and care for those guns. No one in my family, outside of military service, has ever killed another human being with a gun. I can show you THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of households just like mine.

Using that template, one must come to the conclusion the GUN is not the problem.

"When searching for an answer, eliminate everything that is impossible and whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be your answer"

I also have to shake my head at how many people are jumping on the band wagon of these politicians wanting to take away our 2nd Amendment. When did we all of a sudden start trusting politicians? Do any of you have any doubt that those very same politicians will be owning the very guns they outlaw?

Gun Control.. HMMMMMM Is it because of all the violence?
Let's see

National violent crime rates that soared for 30 years from the early 1960s began to decrease markedly since 1993. Last December the FBI reported that murder and other violent crime rates fell again by 6.4% during the first half of 2011 compared with the same period in 2010. A Gallup poll indicates that “Americans’ preference regarding gun laws is generally that the government enforce existing laws more strictly and not pass new laws.”

Gun Control Myths

Well now.. That certainly does not fit with Gun Control.. HMMMMMM

Do we take away our very own right to defend ourselves?

A widely-known study conducted by Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz in the 1990s found that there were somewhere between 830,000 and 2.45 million U.S. defensive gun uses annually.

Same Link as Above

Ignore the politicians at your own risk

How about Mrs. Gun Control Herself...

Hypocrite Anyone

Did Sarah Brady, aka "Mrs. Gun Control," violate Delaware state law when she purchased a high-powered rifle for her son? In her new memoir, A Good Fight, Brady reveals that she bought James Brady Jr. a Remington .30-06 for Christmas 2000. "I can't describe how I felt when I picked up that rifle, loaded it into my little car and drove home," she writes. "It seemed so incredibly strange: Sarah Brady, of all people, packing heat."

Strange, yes, since Mrs. Brady has for the past two decades been the most visible leader in the campaign to disarm America. Although we have no laws against hypocrisy, the question has arisen over whether Sarah Brady broke one of the laws she helped foist on her fellow citizens. The New York Daily News first raised this question when it noted that her book account "suggests that she did not have her son checked, as required by Delaware state law." The Daily News reported that Delaware Justice Department spokeswoman Lori Sitler had stated that the purchase could be illegal under state law if Brady did not also say who she was buying the gun for and submit his "name, rank and serial number" for a full check. "You can't purchase a gun for someone else," Sitler was quoted as saying. "That would be a 'straw purchase.' You've got a problem right there."

Free Library

Make no mistake about people, they don't want your guns, they want your FREEDOMS

Something so important the Fathers felt it necessary to make it the SECOND Amendment in the BILL of RIGHTS, should not be dismissed by the sad group we now call leaders.

Thank you all for reading

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
We don't have leaders we have politicians. You follow a leader, your stuck with a politician.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by darkangel831

So it seems like your problem is with hypocrites and politicians who pass laws to ensure more votes. Regardless of common sense.

Welcome to America.

Someone needs to tell Miss Brady that firing a gun is like having sex. You don't see the point until you do it. ( Maybe that's not the best analogy I could've used. If I offended, my apologies) That's what she was feeling that she couldn't put into words. Comfort. Security. For the longest time she was regulating something that she didn't fully understand, and she picked up the cause when her husband got shot. Do something like this for purely emotional reasons and you're going to have problems down the road.

I don't have a problem with guns. I have a problem with idiots who have guns and people who think that more is the answer.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Politicians KNOW full well that disarming the population will not stop criminals from committing gun crimes including these horrific school shootings.

These politicians also know full well that the solution to school shootings is armed and trained staff at the schools. If they didnt believe that, they would be disarming THEIR children's schools first and foremost. They arent kidding anyone but fools with their excuses and lies on not having armed staff at schools.

One thing is certain, and that is that these Gun Grabbing politicians are nothing but Traitors They are overlooking every rational and common sense solution and acting only to disarm the American citizens.

It is clear that these politicians hell bent on Gun Control are Traitors to the American people, and it is clear that they are NOT looking for solutions, but are only trying to disarm Americans.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yes, OP, that is a very rational viewpoint. S & F for you.

However, our treasonous political jackasses do not want us to think rationally and logically, they hope with all their might that we think in an overly-emotional and ridiculously simplistic way....that removing guns will remove crime.

Every one of them is a hypocrite, a liar, and a disgrace.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have yet to have a gun law stop a bullet from hitting me. Cars, trucks, and a 7-11's back wall, yes. But never a law.

They didn't stop the 22lr in my chest, the 9mm on my left side, the buck shot in my left arm, the bird shot in my right, or what ever caliber grazed my lower back.
edit on 25-1-2013 by ObjectZero because: grammer

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
I have yet to have a gun law stop a bullet from hitting me. Cars, trucks, and a 7-11's back wall, yes. But never a law.

They didn't stop the 22lr in my chest, the 9mm on my left side, the buck shot in my left arm, the bird shot in my right, or what ever caliber grazed my lower back.

Just out of curiosity, but where the hell do you live? Beirut?

Not to make light of your situations, you sound very lucky to be alive, but that seems like a lot of gunfire directed at one person.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Originally posted by ObjectZero

Just out of curiosity, but where the hell do you live? Beirut?

Not to make light of your situations, you sound very lucky to be alive, but that seems like a lot of gunfire directed at one person.

I've just been around all up and down the East Coast and parts of the West in the U.S. and a few time out of the U.S. on business. Most where not directed at me, just kind of got caught in the cross fire. Other times I was working as privet security and that's just part of the job. You live you learn you move on.

I've had more trouble with non-firearm weapons then I've had with guns.

I've known pizza delivery guys with more bullet holes in them, than me.
edit on 25-1-2013 by ObjectZero because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2013 by ObjectZero because: grammer grammer grammer

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ObjectZero

Well thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join