It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kundalini Yoga

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My wife and I are starting a 6-week course in Kundalini Yoga next week. I know it's a long-shot, but are any of you practicing this particular yoga?

en.wikipedia.org...

I experienced Kundalini back in 2010 and so I am looking forward to this very much. There is nothing that compares to the experience of Kundalini a.k.a. the Holy Spirit. Plus I got my wife onboard and I expect this to help her with her bipolar disorder.

edit on 24-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have no idea myself, but my wife is teaching a Yoga class as I type this and will let her know when she gets home.

Her name here is YogaGinns.

I will forward this post to her laptop.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The only form of yoga I am aware of to have premium benefits to the body/mind is Ashtanga.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Make some orgonite bluemule

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yoga is hindu, it works better when u also read the bagavad githa

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
My wife and I are starting a 6-week course in Kundalini Yoga next week. I know it's a long-shot, but are any of you practicing this particular yoga?

en.wikipedia.org...

I experienced Kundalini back in 2010 and so I am looking forward to this very much. There is nothing that compares to the experience of Kundalini a.k.a. the Holy Spirit. Plus I got my wife onboard and I expect this to help her with her bipolar disorder.

edit on 24-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

Bluemule:

I am glad that you started this thread and hope that you get many more responses from others, more knowledgeable in this discipline. Yoga is a wonderful practice and a great way to get in touch with your higher self. One reason I studied the teacher training is so I can share it with others. I teach primarily Hatha Yoga in the basic tradition, and emphasize the meditative and restorative aspects of the practice to my students. Many studios concentrate only on the "physical" benefits and ignore the spiritual side of yoga.

That being said I do not profess to be an expert on Kundalini Yoga, but do know that it is a very spiritual branch of the main yoga culture. It is also not to be taken lightly as some who practice it have intense emotional experiences. You have realized an awakening in the past, and it sounds like it had a positive affect on you. It can be different for everyone, and your wife may be more sensitive to the energies. I do know the woman that I received my training from, and other teachers, recommend that anyone taking Kundalini classes do so from a "skilled" practitioner, and one who will offer support after the session.

I was at a weekend retreat a couple years ago and one of the teachers I went there with had a very strong experience during meditation. She came out of it in both a highly agitated state and with a deep sense of revelation, not the best way to describe it. She had trouble describing it herself, it was a combination of vivid dreams, extreme pleasure and paranoia all rolled into one. She kept pacing and crying and laughing all at the same time. This woman is not prone to fits and public displays and is a actually psychologist in a mental health centre in our community. Fortunately for her the leader at the retreat was able to council her and help to bring these energies under control. She now incorporates some Kundalini work into her classes and overall found it to be a positive event her life, even if it had a rocky start.

I look forward to hearing about your experiences and hope that others can be more helpful than I am. Enjoy your journey.

Namaste,
YogaGinns
edit on 25-1-2013 by YogaGinns because: spelling, grammar and stuff

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's not the Holy Spirit.
It's the "sacred fire" of eastern religions and it's occult.
Do you understand that the tares are bundled to be burned?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by YogaGinns

YogaGinns!

Very nice to hear from you. Please thank your husband for me for passing this thread onto you.

Rest assured I do not take Kundalini lightly. My experience showed me that the rose has thorns. To be honest I am a little nervous. But its something I have to do. Once Kundalini stirs it doesn't let you go. I'm in a free-fall... my only choice is to turn my fall into a voluntary dive.

I'll update this thread with developments. I value your input. I've checked into the teacher and she has a lot of experience.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
It's not the Holy Spirit.
It's the "sacred fire" of eastern religions and it's occult.
Do you understand that the tares are bundled to be burned?

Thanks for your concern. But as a comparativist who has studied comparative religion, comparative mythology, and comparative mysticism for many years, I'll make up my own mind about this issue with the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I used to be an orthodox, exoteric fundamentalist Christian just like you (now I am an esoteric Christian mystic) so I know your perspective like the back of my hand, so rest assured there is nothing you could tell me that I haven't already considered.

edit on 25-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

YogaGinns!

Very nice to hear from you. Please thank your husband for me for passing this thread onto you.

Rest assured I do not take Kundalini lightly. My experience showed me that the rose has thorns. To be honest I am a little nervous. But its something I have to do. Once Kundalini stirs it doesn't let you go. I'm in a free-fall... my only choice is to turn my fall into a voluntary dive.

I'll update this thread with developments. I value your input. I've checked into the teacher and she has a lot of experience.

Bluemule:

I'm glad you understood where I was going with my post as I did not want to come across as being too negative, but it seams yoga is becoming the "flavour of the month" and the trendy thing to do. Kundalini Yoga, especially, is not for beginners or the uninitiated. I truly hope you and your wife have a wonderful session and will check back often to see how it progresses. You did not say if this was a weekly class or more of an intensive course, please elaborate if you can.

Also your metaphor of the "rose and thorn" has to be the best visual description of Kundalini that I've ever heard.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It's a weekly, 6-week course. It starts next weekend. My wife has had an experience of her heart chakra opening and that's when she had a mystical encounter with her 'muse'. So, I'm hoping that counts as an initiation.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

I am intrigued and will want to hear all about it. It is very hard to explain chakras, energy fields and auras to anyone who is not either aware of or open to them. I like to work with gemstones and find their healing properties both fascinating and and energizing. I myself haven't been drawn to Kundalini Yoga as a practice (yet), but do have a couple of Snatham Kaur's CDs and love her voice, music and the chants.

May you find peace and balance in your body, mind & spirit.
Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
The only form of yoga I am aware of to have premium benefits to the body/mind is Ashtanga.

All forms of yoga have their strengths and each are unique in how you achieve said benefits. I guess you can say that "you reap what you sow" and the practitioner will get what it is that they need in this moment.

I think a mix of many styles is most beneficial and the inclusion of all of the "eight limbs" in Ashtanga Yoga does make it a more spiritual and philosophically balanced path.

Yoga is so much more than just an exercise program, it truly is a way of life. Thank you for bringing it up.

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Good luck and have fun anyway Bluemule. If there are a lot of energyblocks solved,.. welcome back!
You'll defintely be more yourself afterwards. The only yoga I knew is twisting my spine, arms, leggs and neck untill it all snaps.

I never took a course.

I have known someone who did though, she felt much better. Good luck Bluemule.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
Make some orgonite bluemule

Angle, I found your thread on making orgonite and will look into it further. Thank you for the post.

link to ATS thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=15786462#pid15786462

Namaste,
YogaGinns

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I took a Kundalini Yoga course during many weeks some years ago at an Ek Ong Kar center and was disappointed. No words on Kundalini inhibitors, the importance of eating healthy, sexual abstinence, patience, the benefits of an immobile body while performing body and finger postures, the ideal periods to perform them, the importance of their duration, the vital importance of a quiet mind to rise the Kunda, etc... Only the practice, almost non-stop, of what they called "kriyas" and pranayamas coupled only with the gyan mudra (with no documentation given to us)...

Personally, I practiced Jnana Yoga during approximately 20 years (this led me to Tantra) and by experience, I can tell you that what they called "kriyas" and pranayamas aren't needed at all to successfully rise the Kundalini. There are simpler and effortless methods...

edit on 4-2-2013 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

I guess we got lucky because after two 90 minute classes, my wife and I are pretty stoked. The teacher and our class mates have a lot of sacred energy. I could see it during meditation. My wife has even noticed it and some of her blockages are coming undone.

edit on 9-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Unless your body is completely ready, you should not go near any Kundalini exercises. Are you completely ready?

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

I appreciate your concern. Yup, I am completely ready.

edit on 9-2-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

I'd say one can never be ready for it. Be not ready and you will prevail. Yet, be ready. Aum!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join