It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
short of putting an army together I' afraid you have to comply because on your own 'your dog meat'

His ability to defend himself alone is irrelevant.

If --and I really mean IF-- our government legislates away our right to self defense to the point that they begin confiscation, it will be the stand that he makes against tyranny, along with those few additional "individuals" that follow suit, that will be the catalyst for an organized revolt against said tyranny. If (again if) it comes to that, the tyrants will realize their mistake; the very same one the British made when they attempted to harshly enforce their will upon their "subjects." That is, a free people, when truly forced to decide between liberty and tyranny, at risk of life and limb, they will take that risk, because what's at stake at that point is far more grave than just death. The future of this country and its inhabitants are worth the risk.

Yes, times are different than they were during the American revolution. They've got drones and FLIR and GPS and all sorts of nifty technology. And also, if they've come to the point of confiscation then they've already succeeded with registration. Therefore, for the most part, they will know who has the guns, how many, and where they live. But who is going to come for all of them? The FBI? I scoff at the notion that hundreds of armed agents can exert their will against thousands upon thousands of defiant gun owners, even if done incrementally.

Who else then, the National Guard? Those are men and women with families and children who VOLUNTEER on occasion to help in times of domestic crisis. They will not disarm their friends and neighbors.

The local police? Nope. Say what you will about the police, but they, for the most part, serve and protect. They won't stand for forced disarmament in their communities by a government that has shown its hand in its desire to rob the people of their ability to fight back.

Truly the only way the tyrants could disarm us is if they call upon the full might of the US military to do their bidding, and that is PRECISELY where the grandest of all the stupid mistakes will be made. Our armed forces would never act against their countrymen. They would join the revolution and end it far swifter than it started, way, way back in 1994, further back than most people care to remember.

They want to legislate us back to bolt-action rifles, because you can't fight a revolution today with "muskets." Let's stop talking confiscation and revolution and start reading our local and state government's websites. Learn about the bills they try to pass nearly every day to infringe upon ALL of our rights, not just those protected under the Second Amendment, and work to put a stop to them. Write our councilmen/congressmen/senators and make it clear that we will retaliate with our votes if they betray your liberty, and then ACTUALLY DO IT. Vote against them, and get others to do so as well.

This revolution will be fought in court, not in the streets. Count on it. And they can enslave us without disarming us. Count on THAT. They've thought this through and they know they can't take our guns. They'll take all of your money, and then your gun doesn't mean squat. Confiscation of wealth is the path to our ruin. When the majority of the population, penned up in the farmless asphault ruin we call our cities have no way to feed themselves or their children, they'll smile and take what they're given by their masters, and say thank-you for it.

I'd go into my argument about term-limiting in all segments of government, but I've taken up enough space for now.

-Mordeen

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
What are the gun laws in the states around New york state.

Many of us in calif just moved our banned guns to OR NV or AZ and put them in storage.

As we retire and leave the state of Kalifornia we will pick up our guns and move to states that are not anti gun.

The calif AW laws said we had to turn in our AWs, sell them to a dealer to be resold out of state or get a permit for them .

i got the permits and still moved my AWs and 50 bmg cannon to storage out of state. just because i don't trust them.

It did not give us a chose of taking them out of state.

In the years since the calif ban no one has ever been prosecuted for owning a AW stored in another state.
no one has ever had there homes searched looking for the guns that the records say that we own but never got the permits for.

I suppose needs dictate action, but in reality, the 2nd was and is specifically to deter an out of control government or authority from taking the ultimate steps into totalitarianism...what good do your weapons do for you if they're in another state?

Not having a pop at you, just that they won't be very effective if you have to travel umpteen miles to get them.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

thank you for those videos it really truly made my day and that guy should be the new spokesman for 2nd amendment righs as thats some of the best speaking on the matter ive seen by a politician in years

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
reply to post by jaws1975

these are GREAT too. I love this guy.

AND the BEST one.....

edit on 20-1-2013 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

WOW zed, thanks for posting these.

And mods, i know bandwidth and clutter is a concern, but these clips deserve to be seen by thread skimmers, so forgive me reposting them.

As a Brit, this is the first time i'd ever heard of this guy McLaughlin, but what a guy!

This is the sort of American politician we should see more of on our screens here in the UK.

It's proof a lot of Brits are wrong about thinking American politicians don't have common sense, this bloke has it in spades...the other guy he was addressing...not so much!

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975
It's getting clearer and clearer by the day where this gun control debate is going. Confiscation seems to be the ultimate goal, and New York is leading the way.

It's been "clear" to you guys for years that gun confiscation is just around the corner. And you will keep saying it no matter what happens.
Just because one person proposes something, doesn't mean it will pass. There will always be vocal minorities proposing whacky ideas.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

It's been "clear" to you guys for years that gun confiscation is just around the corner. And you will keep saying it no matter what happens.
Just because one person proposes something, doesn't mean it will pass. There will always be vocal minorities proposing whacky ideas.

Can you contradict you own agenda anymore than you just did?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by jaws1975
It's getting clearer and clearer by the day where this gun control debate is going. Confiscation seems to be the ultimate goal, and New York is leading the way.

edit on 21-1-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

You can't be more obvious that your trolling or trying to run this thread into the ground. They had it spelled out in black and white they originally wanted confiscation included in the new law. And many feel YES indeed it was dangerously close to becoming reality this time around. Listen us law abiding gun owners have bent over backwards to let the anti gun folks try their schemes for a long long time now. It has been proven nothing that can be passed by law will work when people can and will get them via other means. So for many of us, this is the last straw no more bending, no more compromises, no more laws. Were done, we are making our stand against these idiots, and the more you hop on threads the more it seems your not in the gun owners group so that only leaves you with the idiots. Flame on I really don't care, personally I have had enough of ignorance, and agenda driven crapola.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What I learned from this video is that both sides are one in the same and this proves it. They could care less about the people they care about control. Progressives are filling every nook in this government from the top down.

Do we want to end up like Europe? They are like a male dog that is fixed they might live longer but what is the point.
edit on 21-1-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

well they can try and take our guns all they want but the only way they could would be if everyone PARTICIPATED.. just like the money and the laws we have to participate to make them work if you public decided to no longer participate in money or in law we would take back our power we lost to them so very long ago the only thing that hold the government together is our, the publics participation...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tierdofbs

well they can try and take our guns all they want but the only way they could would be if everyone PARTICIPATED.. just like the money and the laws we have to participate to make them work if you public decided to no longer participate in money or in law we would take back our power we lost to them so very long ago the only thing that hold the government together is our, the publics participation...

Good point new poster it is good to see some new voices to this debate. TPTB have a couple of things going for them FEAR & APATHY. It worked like a charm in Europe and the east. The only thing keeping them in check in the US is the 2nd.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

I've met the Sheriff of this county and I know a few of his deputies from positive contact, not negative.

Knowing who I'd be supporting and the men I'd be standing behind? I'd be proud to back our Sheriff in any way he could use the help of citizens if that time comes. Wrabbit vs. Washington = Rabbit Stew. However....Supporting another part of the system to help take apart the worst above? I'm there! ...with bells on!

edit on 21-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Never cared much for Rabbit Stew. But I understand Elephant and Donkey taste pretty good.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Be very very quite shhhhhhh! we are hunting guns!!! Please don't look over here, we most certainly don't want your guns. think they bought that?He He.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I will die to protect the 2nd amendment. It is too important not to fight for the right to defend yourself and the liberty of your fellow countrymen. Imagine what a government would or could do to a citizenry incapable of opposing their will.... This is a very important time in history you're living in, act like it.

Live free or die, not a threat, a promise.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RustyNailer
I will die to protect the 2nd amendment. It is too important not to fight for the right to defend yourself and the liberty of your fellow countrymen. Imagine what a government would or could do to a citizenry incapable of opposing their will.... This is a very important time in history you're living in, act like it.

Live free or die, not a threat, a promise.

Agreed.
But we don't need to imagine as there are already many real world examples. Now for many of folk it;s a matter which side of history do they want to be on?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
the idea that government has the authority to ban anything is absurd in a REPUBLIC, NOT A DEMOCRACY AS STATED DURING THE INAUGURATION. The people elect their leaders to promote freedom and manage things so we can KEEP OUR LIBERTIES..to SpEAK on the internet, in newspapers, on tv freely without childish manipulators and lapdogs of the rich and powerful getting in our way.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

I'll let ya in on a secret... Rabbit tastes really really bad. I mean, sewage bad. Ewwww.... You wouldn't even want to think about eating Rabbit. It's just...well, it's wrong I tell ya! Oh yeah, it's full of mercury and plutonium and arsenic and all kinds of other stuff. Just take my word here.. Humans want nothing to do with eating Rabbit!

I'll join you in making a roaring bonfire to cook some good food though. There are no shortages of jackasses around and I'm sure I can find an Elephant for a balanced meal. Indeed... Fair and Balanced with a bite from each as a toast. How'd that be for one fit for Kings?

(We can even take a big evil AR-15 to hunt dinner with, too. Better pack some 100rd Drums to be as Non-PC as we can though. )

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by ANNED
What are the gun laws in the states around New york state.

Many of us in calif just moved our banned guns to OR NV or AZ and put them in storage.

As we retire and leave the state of Kalifornia we will pick up our guns and move to states that are not anti gun.

The calif AW laws said we had to turn in our AWs, sell them to a dealer to be resold out of state or get a permit for them .

i got the permits and still moved my AWs and 50 bmg cannon to storage out of state. just because i don't trust them.

It did not give us a chose of taking them out of state.

In the years since the calif ban no one has ever been prosecuted for owning a AW stored in another state.
no one has ever had there homes searched looking for the guns that the records say that we own but never got the permits for.

I suppose needs dictate action, but in reality, the 2nd was and is specifically to deter an out of control government or authority from taking the ultimate steps into totalitarianism...what good do your weapons do for you if they're in another state?

Not having a pop at you, just that they won't be very effective if you have to travel umpteen miles to get them.

i bought the AR15 and the one of a kind .50 cannon as a investment first and a fun to fire weapon second.
i payed $175 for the AR back in 1973 while i was in the navy and the .50 BMG cannon i got for $300 because the person that had it did not even know it was a fire-able cannon. The AR is now worth around $2000 and the cannon about $5000+.
edit on 21-1-2013 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I am still very much confused about the new law, anyone else share my problems? Under the new law it says banned features, any semi auto rifle that has a detachable mag then goes on to list 1 or more of the following. So they reduced it to 1 evil feature being the detachable mag before you add any others on it's already banned correct? Because an example being a hi point rifle with a det mag pistol grip and muzzle brake from the factory is dead in the water at the mag correct? And then on the site it says rifles requiring registration. So if you own one of these that has all 3 listed banned items that are not removable without destroying the rifle do they expect you to get rid of it or register it? See why I myself am so confused they seem to conflict with each other. Hope someone can explain it for the benefit of myself and others that seem to be asking the same things elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I usually find myself siding more with the Democrats as opposed to the Republicans, even though I subscribe to neither party. However, I can never in good conscience support gun control or confiscation, as it sets a precedent that is extremely dangerous. If that happens, people in the future will look back to that day as "the day it all started" in my opinion. And they will curse us for letting this happen.

And I will never accept the term "assault rifle" for a semi-automatic weapon that simply looks like an assault rifle. An assault rifle, in my view, is an automatic or burst-fire weapon, and not a semi-automatic weapon. I do not think fully automatic weapons were available anywhere in the US, but for sure I know they are illegal in Tx. And usually, if Tx outlaws it, the other states have as well.

There is no big difference between a semi-automatic rifle that looks like an M4, SCAR, AK-47, or SKS and a rifle that has the same performance characteristics, yet looks like a run of the mill deer rifle. So what is the logic behind outlawing weapons of this type?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dekard1138

Legally speaking, an "assault" is "an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim." (freedictionary.com)

Black's Law dictionary calls an assault an "attempt" to inflict bodily hurt on another person by one who has the "ability."

Designating certain guns as "assault rifles" is ridiculous-all guns bring the apprehension that harmful contact will occur. That's what they're for. All of them have the ability to allow the user to attempt bodily harm.

Gun owners lose the language war by allowing this terminology. It's emotional propaganda, like calling a baseball bat a "beating stick."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join