It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assassin aims gun at Bulgarian opposition leader's head and pulls the trigger...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Assassin aims gun at Bulgarian opposition leader's head and pulls the trigger...

www.dailymail.co.uk

A Bulgarian politician today survived an extraordinary assassination attempt when a man stormed the stage and held a gun to his head as he was giving a speech.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

edit on 19-1-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I don' t want to double post, there was another thread about it: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The basic wrap:

- Gun wasn' t a real firearm, it' s a 8mm teargas firing replica, which is not lethal.
- Many party leaders and officials and unaffiliated analysts speculated this is some kind of desperate pre-election PR stunt
- The DPS party (the leader of which is Dogan) is basically a turkish party in Bulgaria, which finds itself in political isolation and resorts to sensationalism and creating ethnic tension to get any attention

BTW, please expand your article according to Breaking News standards and rules so it doesn' t get moved.

Here' s the video:

Attempted murder charges have been dropped, AFAIK, they wre now hooliganism charges.

Western media is very slow to update un purpose - sensationalism is hits - hits are revenue.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Sounds like some in the crowd were cheering lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Do we have a source for the gun being a tear gas gun? Also that guy got his ass whooped pretty bad. Lucky he is still alive.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by falseveils

Oops for double post and thanks for more info

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I have a billion sources in Bulgarian news sites, as I said western media prefers to make a sensation out of this, rather than update what has been known for many hours now.

Here's one devoted specially to the weapon, you can use google translate or just Chrome - www.dnes.bg...

There were 3 cartridges in the gun, 2 were simple blanks, 1 was a pepperspray (more effective than regular teargas (works on dogs too)) round

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

According to Bing it was a gas pistol. Yes he did get whooped pretty bad. He's lucky that's all he got...

Bulgarian police detained a man after he pointed a gas pistol at a Turkish minority party leader as he was delivering a speech at a party caucus in the capital Sofia on Saturday. No shots were fired. (Jan. 19)

www.bing.com...

-SAP-

edit on 19-1-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Sounds like some PR stunt, or the "assassin" was just totally retarded.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
When i watch that I get the feeling that that guy didnt take that gun in with him. Probably was given it by someone else and it was never meant to go off in the first place.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
When i watch that I get the feeling that that guy didnt take that gun in with him. Probably was given it by someone else and it was never meant to go off in the first place.

Yeah, it seems like he's surprised it didn't go off. His confused look is nearly as profound as the would be target...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join