It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long live the 2nd another ban shot down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
yep it seems that the ban might not have the backing after all gma.yahoo.com... form the link

A subcommittee voted Thursday night to kill a bill Morrissey introduced that would have tightened gun controls in the state, The Roanoke Times reported. That bill would have banned the sale of so-called assault rifles and high-capacity magazines.
an other bill that was to ban weapons and mags by non other than from the link

A Virginia state lawmaker brandished an AK-47 on the floor of the state House of Delegates Thursday.

Virginia Del. Joe Morrissey, a Democrat hailing from the Richmond area, showed off the weapon while pushing for tighter gun-control laws, The Washington Examiner reported.

"A lot of people don't know that in many locations in the commonwealth, you can take this gun, you can walk in the middle of Main Street loaded and not be in violation of the law," Morrissey said on the floor, according to the Examiner, assuring other lawmakers that the gun was not loaded.
and how many thought it was a full auto?
If any one of us tried that we would be in deep do do for it , that is if we could get in there in the first place.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
...and there, boys and girls, is the type of man WE DO NOT want owning a firearm. The fact his knowledge of Constitutional rights and freedoms is about grade school level isn't the point.

The stupid idiot is waving around a .308 rifle WITH magazine inserted and a closed bolt. Gee... I'm glad HE is sure it's empty because no one ELSE in the room can know that beyond his promise.

You literally can't make this stuff up. The words he tells the kids RIGHT BEFORE shooting himself are "I am the only one professional enough in the room to carry one."

Yeah... So professional he can eject the live round, drop the slide and THEN eject the loaded magazine. Brilliant...

I'm sure though, this Virginia lawmaker was far more educated and trained on firearms than an active D.E.A. agent. Yup.. no doubt......
edit on 18-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Seems all antigun people are completely clueless.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The fight for the second is a never ending battle they will never stop, they will never yield, they will never give up, and they will use anything and everything to justify guns only being in the hands of the police, and the government.

I do not want to live in that country, 1 ban was shot down more are on the way, the potus has made is "dream team" to push his agenda and gun control is still on the agenda.

All I can say is thank god the GOP held the house or we would have already ended up like New York.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

priceless .... can i borrow that ?

ETA -- now that i'm done laughing
(almost) ... for those who don't know, the lady on the right (anti-gun Congresscritter) is the infamous Diane Feinstein who will be presenting the most draconian gun legislation (regs) this country has EVER seen.

also, she HAS BEEN a gun-toting anti lobbyist for 4 times longer than the child on the left has been alive.
the hypocrisy in life doesn't get any clearer than in that image, right there

well done Diane ... what a crusader

may her legislation be dismissed with resounding laughter

edit on 18-1-2013 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm beginning to see, given the actions and knowledge (or lack thereof) of these anti-gun crusaders, that they just simply dont trust themselves and therefore dont trust anyone.

Waving rifles around with their fingers on the trigger, crying about "shoulder things that go up", constantly screaming "CLIPS! CLIPS!", trotting out completely arbitrary limitations like 10 then 7 without reason, studying the issue at hand by looking at pictures, etc.....

They're all complete idiots who have no business holding an opinion on this subject and from what I've seen no business holding office.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

By all means.

The ignorance and stupidity of the antigun crowd should be spread far and wide.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

By all means.

The ignorance and stupidity of the antigun crowd should be spread far and wide.

Unfortunately it has....and the sheep eat ignorance and stupidity like M&M's and take it for the Gospel Truth.

It's a sad time in the this country....

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LetsGoViking

I guess I should have said their stupidity should be on display as is rather than disguised as some good intention to keep us 'safe'.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Where did she get her firearms "training" Hollywood? Congress?

Gun control advocates are 9 kinds o stupid.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

ppl just need to pay attention, if they did that, characters like this would fade into the sunset.

most ppl would walk past such a billboard, not notice the 'message' and then go on to complain about the child's parents allowing her to handle that long gun ... it's beyond sad

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

To me it is not the person that is elected but the ones that elect them that need help, for if the people were to be well informed as to what they want to have represent them either in the house or senate, be it state or fed, there would be no clowns but real well educated people that know the laws and right's of us all.

After reading what i just typed , there would be no one in office.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

i really want to agree with you because the premise is correct.
however, the reality is with all of the election level corruption going on, at this point, it matters not how well-informed the voters are, our reps have been 'selected' since before WWI.

when that system changes we may stand a chance of choosing our reps but i wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

that image though, someone should start a thread with it ... only based on "Threat Assessment".
ie ... is the person holding/wielding the gun a non-threat or reasonable threat.

clearly, the left image represents a non-threat.
and it's opposite could/should be perceived as an absolute threat.

for those who study body language ... left is a passive stance while the right is aggressive.
if we expect ppl to learn ... who's doing the teaching ?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

that image though, someone should start a thread with it ... only based on "Threat Assessment".
ie ... is the person holding/wielding the gun a non-threat or reasonable threat.

Muzzle pointed at people, finger on trigger, angry expression on face.

Definite threat.

A cop would have shot her 15 times.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Snap, I just shot myself in the foot! And as far as I can see, that is a Glock 22 or 23, probably 4th gen. 22 in .40 s&w. Mine is in olive drab green and I would never rack the slide with a mag in unless I was at the range,also finger never on the trigger unless pointed at a target, that model of Glock only has a trigger safety. Totally irresponsible!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Well, a similiar stunt worked once before
xroads.virginia.edu...
To make His holyness Saint Reagan say this:

“There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons,” said California Gov. Ronald Reagan in May 1967, after two dozen Black Panther Party members walked into the California Statehouse carrying rifles to protest a gun-control bill. Reagan said guns were “a ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will.”

new topics

top topics

join