It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminism & The Downfall Of The Traditional Family

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You cannot argue with the facts. And the fact is, ever since Feminism was introduced and women have gained "rights" (rights that are an illusion to us all, both men and women) the traditional Family lifestyle has been on a steady decline.

-Don't get me wrong. I adore women and I do believe they should be considered and treated as human beings rather than a slave in the household. The problem is, the majority of them either don't do ANYTHING in the household anymore or do TOO MUCH and overstep thier boundries.
And when I say overstepping boundries, I'm talking about the "controlling" females. Which is about every single female in my age group.

I consistantly see my peers being controlled by thier female counterpart. Being criticized for inane things that mean absolutely nothing. Having to report to them as if they are on probation. You can't talk to these guys and convince them not to put up with that # but they never listen. You tell them to grow a pair, but they have been cut off already.

Why are some women controlling (Women who control men and husbands)
Why are there controlling women out there?
Why do some women control their husbands?
Why do some women dominate men and control them?
Why are there bossy women?

I am sure you have noticed that there are some women out there who are control freaks. Those women do their best to control their husband and to keep him under their control.

Those women usually have the dominant role in the house and as a result the man is assigned the secondary role.

In the house where the woman is a dominant figure if the kids want to ask for something then they must go to their mom instead of their dad. In this article i will tell you why some women control men or their husbands.

source

If you notice on the majority of commercials and television, Men are downgraded. They are the butt end of a joke always while the female is praised for her tact and conviction. I believe these day to day viewings of downgrading men have taken its toll on modern women and men. Many men now in days suffer with a lack of confidence while many women suffer from overconfidence in what it is that they believe a relationship should be. I believe this lack of confidence stems from either not having a dominate Father figure in childhood or not having a father at all.

Masculinity Crisis

-Problems with growing up without a Father-

Confused identities. Boys who grow up in father-absent homes are more likely that those in father-present homes to have trouble establishing appropriate sex roles and gender identity.
Source: P.L. Adams, J.R. Milner, and N.A. Schrepf, Fatherless Children, New York, Wiley Press, 1984.

Criminal moms, criminal kids: The children of single teenage mothers are more at risk for later criminal behavior. In the case of a teenage mother, the absence of a father also increases the risk of harshness from the mother.
Source: M. Mourash, L. Rucker, Crime and Delinquency 35. 1989.

Rearing rapists: Seventy-two percent of adolescent murderers grew up without fathers. Sixty percent of America's rapists grew up the same way.
Source: D. Cornell (et al.), Behavioral Sciences and the Law, 5. 1987. And N. Davidson, "Life Without Father," Policy Review. 1990

Marriage matters: Only 13 percent of juvenile delinquents come from families in which the biological mother and father are married to each other. By contract, 33 percent have parents who are either divorced or separated and 44 percent have parents who were never married.
Source: Wisconsin Dept. of Health and Social Services, April 1994.

No good time: Compared to boys from intact, two-parent families, teenage boys from disrupted families are not only more likely to be incarcerated for delinquent offenses, but also to manifest worse conduct while incarcerated.
Source: M Eileen Matlock et al., "Family Correlates of Social Skills..." Adolescence 29. 1994.

Count 'em: Seventy percent of juveniles in state reform institutions grew up in single- or no-parent situations.
Source: Alan Beck et al., Survey of Youth in Custody, 1987, US Bureau of Justice Statistics, 1988.

Fatherless aggression: In a longitudinal study of 1,197 fourth-grade students, researchers observed "greater levels of aggression in boys from mother-only households than from boys in mother-father households."
Source: N. Vaden-Kierman, N. Ialongo, J. Pearson, and S. Kellam, "Household Family Structure and Children's Aggressive Behavior: A Longitudinal Study of Urban Elementary School Children," Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology 23, no. 5 (1995).

Divorce disorders. Children whose parents separate are significantly more likely to engage in early sexual activity, abuse drugs, and experience conduct and mood disorders. This effect is especially strong for children whose parents separated when they were five years old or younger.
Source: David M. Fergusson, John Horwood and Michael T. Lynsky, "Parental Separation, Adolescent Psychopathology, and Problem Behaviors," Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 33 (1944).

Troubled marriages, troubled kids. Compared to peers living with both biological parents, sons and daughters of divorced or separated parents exhibited significantly more conduct problems. Daughters of divorced or separated mothers evidenced significantly higher rates of internalizing problems, such as anxiety or depression.
Source: Denise B. Kandel, Emily Rosenbaum and Kevin Chen, "Impact of Maternal Drug Use and Life Experiences on Preadolescent Children Born to Teenage Mothers," Journal of Marriage and the Family56 (1994).

source

Then if you trace the roots of the Feminist movement, you find that many things arose from it including a rise in divorce.

Home:
How did feminist’s argument and claim fare when they said that women needed to vote in order to secure “home protection”? Did they indeed protect the home by gaining the right to vote? How can anyone expect the home to have improved when the woman has abandoned both her place and the home? The “fatal blow at the home” due to women’s suffrage that Mrs. Annie Wittenmyer forewarned is now an egregious reality. The home is being destroyed because of several factors, including a feminized judicial system and laws. But what is particularly destructive is that the woman has abandoned her place, rejected the man, rejected God’s government, and taken a place in governing that belongs solely to the man.

The black widow spider that devours her mate has spun her web and lives at the expense of men, the family, and society. Today, only half of America’s households are traditional two-parent families, and many of those are not even paternal. The divorce rate is now over 50 percent, out-of-wedlock births are nine times greater than what they were in 1950, and the marriage rate is half of what it was as recent as 1970. Because of women’s rights, the home is now a tragic disaster!

source

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Now this is my kind of thread. As an anti-feminist, I'd like to post a reply that I posted in another thread. It's relevant and there's no need for me to retype it. It basically sums up how I feel about feminists that accuse me of bringing women down by the way I choose to live my life.

"I get a lot of crap from other women about my relationship with my husband. They think they're helping me by trying to force me into these masculine pants that I would rather not wear. They ignore the fact that that respecting your husband has been an honorable thing to do up until very recent historical events. I get looked down on for being a stay at home mom. I get looked down on for understanding that I have my own equally important role in my marriage. Hell, I've even been ridiculed just for getting up to grab my husband a beer!

Very rarely my husband will make a decision affecting myself or our family that I don't agree with, but it always turns out to be for the best. I wouldn't have married him if I didn't expect him to be capable of filling a husbands shoes. Women often make decisions based on emotions. That's not sexist, it's just the way we're wired. Men are wired to be more effective leaders. I don't believe my beliefs make any other woman better than me. I'm just choosing to go the route that has been proven to work for thousands of years. Divorce and fatherless children are a recent development. I think there is a reason for that. "

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It seems it all started spiraling down right after the "Woman's Rights" movement. Almost as if it was a conspiracy to elminate the Traditional Family and create chaos in the household. Therefore furthering the agenda of TPTB by creating young naive nonmasculine males and over agressive females.

The average man is too busy fighting off the drama at home to do anything or care about anything else.

Although, this is not the case for EVERY family.
There are still some "traditional" families out there where each person (mother & father) know thier roles in the household and to thier children.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
Now this is my kind of thread. As an anti-feminist, I'd like to post a reply that I posted in another thread. It's relevant and there's no need for me to retype it. It basically sums up how I feel about feminists that accuse me of bringing women down by the way I choose to live my life.

"I get a lot of crap from other women about my relationship with my husband. They think they're helping me by trying to force me into these masculine pants that I would rather not wear. They ignore the fact that that respecting your husband has been an honorable thing to do up until very recent historical events. I get looked down on for being a stay at home mom. I get looked down on for understanding that I have my own equally important role in my marriage. Hell, I've even been ridiculed just for getting up to grab my husband a beer!

Very rarely my husband will make a decision affecting myself or our family that I don't agree with, but it always turns out to be for the best. I wouldn't have married him if I didn't expect him to be capable of filling a husbands shoes. Women often make decisions based on emotions. That's not sexist, it's just the way we're wired. Men are wired to be more effective leaders. I don't believe my beliefs make any other woman better than me. I'm just choosing to go the route that has been proven to work for thousands of years. Divorce and fatherless children are a recent development. I think there is a reason for that. "

And that is exactly why I will Salud to you!
Like you state, there are equal roles in the household between a husband and wife. Each have thier own significant duty and should abide by them without stepping on the other person's toes.
Cheers to you

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Those men you talk about are called Blue Pill slaves. They don't want to wake up and you shouldn't try to wake them. Many other men realize that marriage and relationships with women have become more than just a hassle. They are a dangerous legal and financial liability. Your best course of action is to become a "loser" to women and stay off their radar. Let the "winners" carry the burden. Focus on yourself and your goals instead of what some chick wants.

You well be better off.

Trust me.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

If you notice on the majority of commercials and television, Men are downgraded. They are the butt end of a joke always while the female is praised for her tact and conviction. I believe these day to day viewings of downgrading men have taken its toll on modern women and men. Many men now in days suffer with a lack of confidence while many women suffer from overconfidence in what it is that they believe a relationship should be. I believe this lack of confidence stems from either not having a dominate Father figure in childhood or not having a father at all.

This very true, but feminism has not only caused men to be downgraded on television. It's also caused women to degrade themselves in the name of female empowerment. I read an article a while back by a very respected feminist writer. She applauded Lady GaGa for her sexually charged outfits and put Taylor Swift down because of her modest feminine dresses. Apparently, it's a popular belief that by showing every square inch of your skin you're making a statement that you're a powerful woman.
edit on 18-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ireminisce
Men are wired to be more effective leaders. I don't believe my beliefs make any other woman better than me. I'm just choosing to go the route that has been proven to work for thousands of years. Divorce and fatherless children are a recent development. I think there is a reason for that. "

I agree. The feminazi movement has started a push for quotas on company boards and quotas for executive positions if you can believe it. The feminazi site the fact that more men fill these roles. They really are dispicable because they know what they are saying is nonsense but they dont care. The reason more women are not on boards or filling executive positions is because few woman seek these roles compared to men. Men are wired to seek these positions. That is not to say women are not capable but just to explain the statistics. Feminazi are not stupid and they know they are misrepresenting statistics to further/maintain their agenda. The blatant dishonesty of feminazi is what gets me.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Oh boy, have I noticed the demeaning commercials.
The funny thing about them is that they portray the woman as the primary cleaner and traditional housewife anyway.
I wish I had the chance to experience having a father figure with dignity and wisdom...

+24 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Only very insecure and weak males are threatened by feminism and try to paint it as a dirty word.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Keep your simple, traditional, and off the radar of people who might criticize it. That's my philosophy. If you can't comfortably maintain a lifestyle you want with only one income, live with the lifestyle you need instead. One with love in the home, not the newest car, gadget, or whatever.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Only very insecure and weak males are threatened by feminism and try to paint it as a dirty word.

Was that personal?

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It didn't start out as a dirty word. I think the original intent was good, but it's no longer about equality. It's about women being superior to men. It's turned into the very thing it was meant to fight.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Don't you think by acting out with thier feministic ideals and preaching that they are the ones that are insecure?
Being a traditional Mother and Wife is way to difficult for some reason now in days.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

Agreed.

I think we should push for "Equality" more than feminism or chauvinism or anything else....and accept that women have a little extra seeing as they can give birth.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
husband/boyfriend is either compelled to leave a relationship or suffer in turmoil from an over agressive wife/girlfriend whom insists on controlling.

Why are so many women now very controlling?
Who or what is to blame? The feminist movement and women's rights?

and then the # falls downhill.
If the two have a daughter, then the daughter grows up believing this is how she should treat men.
And if they have a son, the son grows up believing he must succumb to the rules of his GF/Wife.
(most know this, but children are quite observant)

And when I speak of my peers, I am talking about the 20-30 age group.
And hell, it's nearly impossible to find a woman that can cook anymore.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Oh, where to start?? Well you could go and practise your grammer and then get your spell checker working for a start. As for women being demonised for wanting more in life than cleaning up after your butt, is it any wonder??

Women mearly want the same options available in life as men. Oh and by the way before you start with your rubbish in defence of all those poor men, I am a stay at home mum and married.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
husband/boyfriend is either compelled to leave a relationship or suffer in turmoil from an over agressive wife/girlfriend whom insists on controlling.

Why are so many women now very controlling?
Who or what is to blame? The feminist movement and women's rights?

and then the # falls downhill.
If the two have a daughter, then the daughter grows up believing this is how she should treat men.
And if they have a son, the son grows up believing he must succumb to the rules of his GF/Wife.
(most know this, but children are quite observant)

And when I speak of my peers, I am talking about the 20-30 age group.
And hell, it's nearly impossible to find a woman that can cook anymore.

It is a sad state we are in. And the men who suffer the most are the men who believe in ideals that go against this feminist movement. While the men who play ball get the goodies. It's behaviour conditioning at its finest.

You are miserable and alone if you resist. And you are miserable and controlled if you succumb.

I for one prefer to be miserable and alone knowing I am the change that needs to happen.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Wow, great thread!

Aaron Russo talked about the Rockefellers being behind the feminist movement. The idea was supposedly that if women worked, there would be double income tax revenues. This struck a cord with me when I heard it.

A great interview on many other levels also...:

www.youtube.com...

soulwaxer

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by resoe26

Oh, where to start?? Well you could go and practise your grammer and then get your spell checker working for a start. As for women being demonised for wanting more in life than cleaning up after your butt, is it any wonder??

Women mearly want the same options available in life as men. Oh and by the way before you start with your rubbish in defence of all those poor men, I am a stay at home mum and married.

Nothing wrong with wanting more in life. It's the double standards that we have a problem against. This is where women take advantage of men.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whosthatgirl
reply to post by resoe26

Sorry, I wrote this up rather quickly. My apologies for the spelling errors.
And who was demonizing women on this thread? I'm almost positive that everyone was stating and agreeing with equality not male chauvinism....
-Of course women should be entitled to just as much in life as a male.
What this thread was pointing out (hence the name of it) was the downfall of the "traditional family". You know, a wife/mother that acts like a wife/mother....

In defense of all those poor men? I was trying to point out WHY they act like little panzies.
I'm a Father and Married as well.
And my wife is #ing awesome. (certainly a flower in a field of weeds)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join