It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified Objects (Fast Moving) Jan 2013 (Midlothian, SCO)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I would not speculate on what these are. It could at the end of the day be CGI, who knows. It may be tied in with last weeks meteor, or could just be nothing, who knows, just putting this out there so ATS gets an early look..

Personally I am sceptical but one of the clips throws my theory of the known meteor into doubt, leaving the door open to opinion..

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm just wondering what cameras even exist that film at that poor of quality these days. Even in night-vision and fully digitally zoomed in, my camera from 10 years ago didn't look that bad. That's the only thing that seems suspicious to me. Almost as if it was deliberately degraded to hide what the heck it is that we are looking at.

Could be anything though
I don't claim to know otherwise.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its a good if poor quality video. Not sure what it is though. As above, if video was better we would have more of an indication. Not meteors though or iss lol

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HistrionicSpock
I'm just wondering what cameras even exist that film at that poor of quality these days. Even in night-vision and fully digitally zoomed in, my camera from 10 years ago didn't look that bad. That's the only thing that seems suspicious to me. Almost as if it was deliberately degraded to hide what the heck it is that we are looking at.

Could be anything though
I don't claim to know otherwise.

Oh absolutely, I am assuming it was some form of night vision, although it has been 'Night' around these parts at 5pm for the most part the past 4 or 5 months, as always. If that was my main cam I would call it a day

Not my video, as I say.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Looks like the ISS to me, at least the second one did, the cameraman would have been facing North, and as it moves into the Earths shadow it gets dimmer.

The first one may also have been a satellite, or perhaps even the ISS filmed facing south.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Looks like the ISS to me, at least the second one did, the cameraman would have been facing North, and as it moves into the Earths shadow it gets dimmer.

The first one may also have been a satellite, or perhaps even the ISS filmed facing south.

I would be inclined to agree with the former tbh, and the quality deliberately degraded. As I say, just putting it out there.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

I can't find an orbit of the ISS over Scotland on that day.......possibly an iridium flare.......it fits the characteristics.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I can't find an orbit of the ISS over Scotland on that day.......possibly an iridium flare.......it fits the characteristics.

Iridium flare is as good an explanation as any.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Is there any additional information? Like who took the video? What their thoughts were? what kind of camera was used? what time was it? what got their attention to see it in the first place? Just some rudimentary questions.

Peace!! ID

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I tend to believe this as it isn't far from me. And i know bonnybridge in central Scotland is a hot spot and since i am within a few miles from here and have seen things in the sky i find this convincing.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Could be but it looks dull for one of those!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
I tend to believe this as it isn't far from me. And i know bonnybridge in central Scotland is a hot spot and since i am within a few miles from here and have seen things in the sky i find this convincing.

Funny how it became a hot spot after they opened Cumbernauld Airport

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Given the narrowness of the field of sky they are viewing and the number of stars in the frame. That camera has a damn good light grab, looks like it easily goes down to Mag 5-6. Given that and the tracks of the objects showing no deviation, I'm almost certain they are satellites. The vast majority of satellites are Mag 2 or fainter ergo, you use a camera with a decent light grab, then suddenly, if you don't have damned good natural eyesight, you see loads more satellites than with the naked eye.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Given the narrowness of the field of sky they are viewing and the number of stars in the frame. That camera has a damn good light grab, looks like it easily goes down to Mag 5-6. Given that and the tracks of the objects showing no deviation, I'm almost certain they are satellites. The vast majority of satellites are Mag 2 or fainter ergo, you use a camera with a decent light grab, then suddenly, if you don't have damned good natural eyesight, you see loads more satellites than with the naked eye.

I'm inclined to agree, even mag 7-8 would be pain-worthy to watch for that length, simply posting this so that some idiot can't post it claiming PROOF!!!! of anything tbh.

Not looking for stars or flags. WGAS.

edit on 16/1/13 by Ramcheck because: typo

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The ISS travels from a Westerly to an Easterly direction, facing North in Scotland you would see now't.

At the moment the passover is in the AM.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yes, you would.....the object in the second clip was traveling left to right, therefore the viewer would have to be facing North to see that (if it was going west to east).

Also, I checked ISS times, and at that point it wouldn't have been going over Scotland at any time, hence why I suggested iridium flare.....far too bright for a normal satellite.
edit on 16/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
At 45 seconds on the video I believe the film is spliced to make it look like THE SATELLITE changed course.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

No, I very much doubt it, hence the video title "objects" not "object"

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

reply to post by ken10

No, I very much doubt it, hence the video title "objects" not "object"

Well then all I see in the video are satellites.......and I have night vision equipment and seen em for myself.

Btw If this video isn't made to decieve then why does he not show the objects till they go over the horizon ? Is it because satellites eventually fade out if you watch them for any length of time and he/she knows this.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by smurfy

Yes, you would.....the object in the second clip was traveling left to right, therefore the viewer would have to be facing North to see that (if it was going west to east).

Also, I checked ISS times, and at that point it wouldn't have been going over Scotland at any time, hence why I suggested iridium flare.....far too bright for a normal satellite.
edit on 16/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

You said the ISS, but it was not the ISS in any case, and it would not have been. The flaring sats are point light source, only bright for a very few seconds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join