It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People With Mental Health Issues Should Not Have Guns-Cuomo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I posted the following about a week ago. After Cuomo is qouted as saying no one with mental health issues should have guns I felt is appropriate to repost my thoughts.

Most of us believe the main bulwark preventing the capstone of the NWO being placed is an armed US citizenry.

Do members of ATS see what i see? The total onslaught of mental health drugs and prescription writing of the 90's 00's and the current decade could have been a precursor to complete disarmament of the US? No one is as medicated as we are as a society.

Have we been introduced to the Trojan Horse? Big Pharma! Mitch Daniels Indiana Gov. was CEO of Eli Lilly for years and was going to run for presidency if his wife's past wasnt so sexually interesting. It would have if he won been perfect timing for allb of this. Are the next genertion an estimated 50% of them on some form of amphetamine bfor attention deficit disorder of some kind already pre-disqualified?

Here is my previous post:

It seems to me I see a pattern arising out of talk shows & articles that even maybe the strictest 2nd Amendment advocates may not be seeing. That is owning a gun, or the ability to own one, may be completely acceptable after you have submitted to and passed a complete & thorough mental evaluation. Who could be excluded (disarmed) after 200 million evaluations?

What better way to use Obamacare and give BigPharma access to your mental health records and genome than to evaluate the single biggest pool outside of the fledgling workforce? You want to keep or own a gun? Submit to this tax-payer funded big-pharma prepared mental evaluation! We are goinv to pay for and provide their single largest research pool ever. Slick!!! Definitely soldiers (who have been to war and trained in tactical combat but show a symptom of PTSD). Abused & neglected children with detachment issues. Depressed widowed or recent divorcees. Victims of violent crimes who show PTSD. Anyone getting disability or a form of government assistance. Maybe those having not did well enough in school. Someone from a family with prior criminal or mental health issues (eugenics). Anyone facing a serious surgery. Anyone having been recently fired & they dont pass their departing HR mental coping unemployment and non-productive preparedness departure evaluation (after all idle hands....). Anyone who was refered by their veterinary provider to the local mental community compliance office after having recently lost a companion. The mom & dad whose star student was killed by a drunk driver Friday night. The drunk driver. The public intox violator at Monday Night Football game. The team captain who just lost the game. ANYONE having been on or currently taking a psycotropic of anykind. Afterall what is more important? Is it your general overall everday perception of well-being OR you paranoid induced sense of government tyranny brought about by your unhealthy preoccupation with symbols and instruments of destruction? 

Do you see where I am going? I read the Piers Morgan Tonight transcript of Mr. Shapiro from Brietbart this morning on Drudge.
They and many others including Alex Jones are bringing light to the prescription problem.
But the excellent PR and legal team at BigPharma will come out showing that their benevolence has been shiat on by paranoid gun owners and they have treatment ready for them as perhaps their care and guidance for us just simply may been a big misunderstanding on our mental deficient behalves. Gunridia taken three times a day. Stronger than flouride without the side effects.

I jest but I am starting to believe that Obamacare, BigPharma, Monsanto, Gun Control, Social Engineering, Eugenics. & Agenda 21 are coming together rather smoothly as the big picture emerges. Don't miss the forest because of the trees. Don't follow the Judas GoATS. 
MORGAN: Just to clarify your position, then. The answer to Sandy Hook, as it was to Aurora, as it was to Gabrielle Giffords, as it was to Columbine and Virginia Tech is you do nothing. Is that your position?
  SHAPIRO: That's not my position. My position is that we have to calibrate laws that are designed to get guns out of the hands of bad people and keep guns in the hands of good people who want to buy them.  
MORGAN: How do you do that?  
SHAPIRO: I think one of the ways you do that is better screening for mental illness, I think that you do better background checks. 

SCIENCE 2.0 Gun Violence is A Mental Health Issue Does US Need More Gun Control or Better Mental Health Care? 

Just GOOGLE the two and prepare to absorb the future.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Normally I try to dig down to the original study, but it's not necessary here. USAToday has an article reporting that the CDC believes that half of all Americans will have mental health symptoms during their lifetime. Now, if you add to that all of the people who live in homes with a person who has had a mental health symptom, there aren't many left.

And subtract those who have a criminal record of any sort, and those under 18, and the number of gun owners will get mighty small.

USAToday reporting on the CDC

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
People with mental health issues should not have guns, yet they can still get elected to public office.

-me

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Instead of outright banning guns, why not make the application of getting a gun licence as diligent as getting a licence to drive a car? With theory and practical tests.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by twfau

This iz the most common sense application ever. Golden thought. Too simple for politics. You cant polarize and divide people that way so No! it won't work.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by twfau

Well ok but just what do you propose to use as testing criteria? In all the mass shooting over the last few years, the users knew very well how to use guns. When criminals are arrested for a crime involving a gun, proper use of the weapon or not is a foregone conclusion.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Many programs have been built into the way we see the world that cloud the beauty of life. The school systems turn out a more developed person ready to find their place in society but sometimes the quality control isn't there. Seeing the program through seems more important than the individual. Some medications may have be prescribed by an man or woman in a white coat to better control the focus of the student.

I don't believe we are all meant to think the same and fall into sequentialized roles. Societal problems have always been exploited by smarter men watching over us and we are not encouraged to have systems outside of their rules. The rules become bigger books and systems that guide us more and more, watching us, better controlling us to be similar. They claim territory and always wants more.

The constrictor grows stronger, but we are waking up. Well some of us are.
edit on 15-1-2013 by starshift because: Edit

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

The tests wouldn't just be about skill in using a gun, it would be more about responsible usage (i.e. why having a gun is deemed important in the USA) and the potential consequences of irresponsible use.

Mass murders are rare and often down to psychological trauma but I'm wouldn't be surprised if somewhere along the line irresponsibility on someone's part has lead to that person getting access to weapons. Plus I reckon it would help in regards to general gun related incidents (family feuds, revenge killings, over-reaction to danger etc). A little bit of knowledge and understanding goes a long way and would promote more responsibility in individuals and businesses eg. if the owner of the gun ensures no-one else has access to it (What if Adam Lanza's mother had locked her guns away so her son couldn't get access to them?), and if a business has more diligent vetting procedures (James Holmes stockpiling guns).

edit on 15-1-2013 by twfau because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join