It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus a Freemason???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Out of sheer curiosity, what do you guys think of this? I know it�s one of the ads on the side of the screen there, but I figure there must be people like me who mentally block out all the damned advertising on the internet. I haven�t read too much about this, but my first instinct is to say �Yeah, right.�.

I�m just curious to hear some thoughts and opinions on this.

Was JESUS a FREEMASON - YES - he tells us himself in the Bible

This journey takes us through CHURCHES of all denominations, CATHOLIC, ANGLICAN and UNITING CHURCHES. It continues on to Mosques and on to Synagogues and Temples.

The principles of FREEMASONRY are founded on the choosing of Abraham the Father of Judaism - ISLAM- CHRISTIANITY, to follow the MASONIC path of there being one Creator of the Universe.

For the past two decades the Life of JESUS has been put through the magnifying glass to try to interpret just who he was and what he stood for
A variety of books explain his family History - HIRAM KEY written by Knight & Lomas and more recently THE DA VINCI CODE written by Dan Brown
Various Films such as THE PASSION OF CHRIST and REVELLATION have recently been in the spotlight due to their controversial nature
Watch as JESUS is raised to that GRAND LODGE above.

Sounds very thin to me, what do you guys think? I mean the fact that he uses novels as "books that explain His family history" sends up some red flags...

Although I think I would sooner believe that Jesus was a Freemason than a metaphor for a hallucinogenic mushroom or some kind of chemical heheh.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This is all metaphorical, there is nothing literal in it.

Being monotheistic is one criterion that Christ would meet now if he petitioned to be a Freemason. I would probably vote him in OK, so long as he promised not to levitate and disrupt meetings, or cast out any tax collectors that were there on masonic business. He'd be great for feeding large refectories where the Lodge is on a shoestring budget, too.

Jesus was way cool
Everybody liked Jesus
Everybody wanted to hang out with him
Anything he wanted to do, he did
He turned water into wine
And if he wanted to
He could have turned wheat into marijuana
Or sugar into coc aine
Or vitamin pills into amphetamines

He walked on the water
And swam on the land
He would tell these stories
And people would listen
He was really cool

If you were blind or lame
You just went to Jesus
And he would put his hands on you
And you would be healed
That's so cool

He could've played guitar better than Hendrix
He could've told the future
He could've baked the most delicious cake in the world
He could've scored more goals than Wayne Gretzky
He could've danced better than Barishnikov
Jesus could have been funnier than any comedian you can think of
Jesus was way cool

He told people to eat his body and drink his blood
That's so cool
Jesus was so cool
But then some people got jealous of how cool he was
So they killed him
But then he rose from the dead
He rose from the dead, danced around
Then went up to heaven
I mean, that's so cool
Jesus was way cool

No wonder there are so many Christians

[edit on 27-10-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Out of sheer curiosity, what do you guys think of this? I know it�s one of the ads on the side of the screen there, but I figure there must be people like me who mentally block out all the damned advertising on the internet. I haven�t read too much about this, but my first instinct is to say �Yeah, right.�.

I�m just curious to hear some thoughts and opinions on this.

Fundamentally flawed, a quick example:

shellschoolofknowledge.com
Freemasons are explicitly instructed never to worship the Sun, Moon or Planets in the higher degrees of Freemasonry - The Royal Arch.

www.shellschoolofknowledge.com.au...

"Higher Degrees"? Red flag right there, but so is the fact that he's selling something and the glowing endorsement of Dan Brown.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Matthew refers to Jesus as "ho tou tektonos uios" which is usually rendered as "son of a carpenter."

But "tektonos" is literally a builder, with stone being the implied medium. It is where we get our term for the study of how layers of rock are built up within the earth: tectonics. The word did naturally imply woodworking, since so much wood had to be used to convey the stones to the worksite and then raise them into their places.

So was Jesus then the son of a stonecutter? a mason?

Luke says that Jesus only spoke to the crowds in allegories. Apparently only his 12 disciples could understand the secret allusions of his rhetoric: "Then his disciples asked him, saying, 'What does this parable mean?' And he said, 'To you it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is given in parables, that "seeing they may not see, and hearing they may not understand." ' (Luke 8:11, quoting Isaiah 6:9)

Jesus quotes several bits of Old Testament scripture that have become important to modern freemasonry, but perhaps so merely because Jesus referred to them.

Jesus lays great importance of rejecting darkness and turning towards light. He repeatedly refers to himself, and to a lesser extent his followers, as the "light of the world."

Everywhere he travels, the crowds, and especially the officials of the temple, demand of him a sign. He refuses to give any, "except that of the prophet Jonah."

Jesus seems to have come and gone with impunity in the temple, particularly in the treasury; yet he also taught that God was available to all people, and that ultimately the temple would be destroyed because it was made with human hands. Paul refers to this in 2 Corinthians 5:1.

The gospel account claims that he raised himself from the dead due to the fact that he is God's own begotten (rather than created) child. Christianity is taught as offering to all people the hope that they would one day be raised from the dead by the merits of the descendant of David, otherwise known as the lion of Judah, rather than because of their own purity or sufficiency. Strangely, Jesus in Paul's letters is both a lamb, as the emblem of innocence, and the lion of Judah who vanquishes evil and at last vaquishes death.

Does any of this mean that he was a mason??? certainly not. Just because he used masonic imagery, or they used his imagery, does not make him a mason, any more than it necesarrily makes all masons Christian. For whether a man is also a mason cannot be judged merely by outer appearances.

After all, what makes a man a mason?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Check this out:

www.gnosis.org.br...

The Gnostic Movement is the synthesis movement of the new Age of Aquarius.

The Seven Schools of Yoga are present in Gnosis, but in a synthetical and fully practical form.

There is Tantric Hatha Yoga in Maithuna (Sexual Magic). There is practical Raja Yoga in the work with the chakras; there is Gnana Yoga in the mental tasks and disciplines we have been cultivating in secret for millions of years. We have Bhakti Yoga in our prayers and rituals; Laya Yoga in meditation and breathing exercises; Samadhi (Oneness of mind ) in our practical work with Maithuna and during deep meditation. We live the way of Karma Yoga in fair action, thought and feeling.

The secret science of the Sufis and dancing dervishes is present in Gnosticism, as well as the secret doctrines of Buddhism and Taoism. The Sacred Magic of the Nordics is also found here, as is the wisdom of Hermes, Buddha, Confucius, Mohammed, Quetzalcoatl, and so on. The Doctrine of Christ is Gnosis.

Jesus of Nazareth, is, in fact, the Synthetical Man. He was an Essenian who studied Hebrew knowledge; he had two rabbi masters during his childhood. Moreover, besides his profound knowledge of the Zohar, the Talmud and the Torah, he was an Egyptian Initiate, an Egyptian Mason, who studied in the Kefren pyramid. He is an Egyptian Hierophant, who also travelled to Chaldea, Persia, Europe, India and Tibet. These journeys of His were not pleasure tours, Jesus travelled for study purposes.....

www.gnosis.org.br...

Hmmm...

Yeshuah the Khemetic Master Builder.....

I like the way that sounds!

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've checked out the website you're always advertising for. It is a stew made by combining a bunch of other religions and willfully misinterpreting various teachings and downright "making stuff up" in the grand Blavatsky tradition.

New Age stuff like that is always a hoot. It is sort of the reader's digest abridged version of world mystical systems. Jesus was a Jew (which the website hints around is not true.) but wait, he was also an Egyptian (thus a gnostic christian), a Buddhist, and a traveling salesman for the fuller brush company of glastonbury, England!

The purveyors are basically selling the old theosophy-mail-order-school line of thinking, kind of like AMORC, that "hey, learning Hebrew and Heiroglyphics and Sanscrit and stuff is too durn much work--we'll do all the thinking for ya!

Surprised you didn't link to Madonna's Ka-bolla website or something. Hey, why not?/???

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Having written a paper on the subject I can go along with Abraham being the foundation stone of Freemasonry, Abraham is the Foundation of Judaism and Masonry totally constructed from Judaic history. There is a good case in my opinion to call Abraham the foundation of Freemasonry.

It is not clear to me how Jesus is a part of this concept, as Christianity is not the abiding faith of Masonry, I have a problem with him claiming that throne. Unless of course you wish to make the case that Jesus was not the son of God.

I like to keep my Faith and my masonry seperate and distinct.

That way I can be a Christian and have no problem with anything within Freemasonry.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I've checked out the website you're always advertising for. It is a stew made by combining a bunch of other religions and willfully misinterpreting various teachings and downright "making stuff up" in the grand Blavatsky tradition.

New Age stuff like that is always a hoot. It is sort of the reader's digest abridged version of world mystical systems. Jesus was a Jew (which the website hints around is not true.) but wait, he was also an Egyptian (thus a gnostic christian), a Buddhist, and a traveling salesman for the fuller brush company of glastonbury, England!

LMAO @ "New Age stuff".

And you "checked it out" huh?

But did you comprehend any of it?

Samael Aun Weor didn't teach fruity rainbow "New Age" garbage.

And I won't waste time trying to argue with what you said there either^^^(not because I agree with you of course).

I don't believe everything I read either, but Samael Aun Weor has made availible the teachings that weren't availible to Westerners, until he brought them to us(mostly regarding Kundalini and the egos, Tantric-Buddhism, etc.)

Just trying to help spread the Universal parts of his teachings.

The purveyors are basically selling the old theosophy-mail-order-school line of thinking, kind of like AMORC,

"A.M.O.R.C.: "In this day and age, how can the students of the school of Sodom doubt the Imperator of their sacred order or of their �Holy Rituals?� The one who is going to fall does not see the gap. The ritual of the first tenebrous initiation that the disciple Beelzebub received in the temple is the same first ritual that the students of A.M.O.R.C. perform today in their room in order to receive their first degree. Thus, in the same way that the student of the first degree from �Sodom� remains enslaved by the Guardian of the Threshold after the rite, as well Beelzebub remained enslaved by the Guardian of the Threshold. This is how he started his career as a demon..." - The Revolution of Beelzebub

- Samael Aun Weor

A.M.O. R.C.

Mail order?

"Initiation is your own life. If you want initiation, write it upon a staff. Whoever has
understanding let him understand, because here is wisdom. Initiation is neither bought
nor sold. Avoid those schools that give initiations by correspondence. Avoid all those
who sell initiations.

Initiation is something very intimate and is of the Soul. The �I� does not receive
initiations. Those who say, �I have so many initiations�, �I have such and such degrees�,
are liars and fakes, because the �I� does not receive initiations or degrees.

There are nine Initiations of Minor Mysteries, and five important Initiations of Major
Mysteries. It is the Soul that receives the initiations. This is a very intimate matter;
something that one should not go about speaking of, nor should it be told to anyone.

All the initiations and degrees that many schools of the physical world confer, really have
no value in the superior worlds.
" - Samael Aun Weor

that "hey, learning Hebrew and Heiroglyphics and Sanscrit and stuff is too durn much work--we'll do all the thinking for ya!

Oh I do independant research regarding these things my friend.

Surprised you didn't link to Madonna's Ka-bolla website or something. Hey, why not?/???

gnostickabbalah.com...

You were saying.....???

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
One thing regarding Samael Aun Weor's Gnosis that I'm not sure if I agree with; is that he pretty much says Yeshua of Nazareth was European.

Jesus:

"Much has been stated about the Hierophant Jesus, however, the fact is that nobody knows his personal biography. The tendency to castrate the Hierophant Jesus exists. The Christian sects depict an infrasexual Jesus, effeminate, weak; yet at times angry, like a whimsical woman. Naturally, all of this is absurd. The fact is that nobody knows the personal life of Jesus, because we do not have his biography. Only with the faculties of objective clairvoyance can we study the life of Jesus in the Akasic Records of Nature... We know the life of the Great Master and we know that Jesus was really a complete man in the fullest sense of the word. Jesus had a priestess wife, because he was not an infrasexual. The wife of Jesus was evidently a complete Lady Adept, endowed with great secret powers. Jesus travelled through Europe and was a member of a Mediterranean Mystery School. Jesus studied in Egypt and practised Sexual Magic with his priestess inside one of the pyramids. That is how he recapitulated the initiations and later achieved the Venustic Initiation. Jesus travelled through Persia, India, etc. Thus, the Great Master was a Master in the most complete sense of the word. Jesus lived the drama of the Passion; nonetheless, he was not the only one who has lived it. Prior to him, some Initiates like Hermes, Quetzalcoatl, Krishna, Orpheus, Buddha etc., lived it. After Him, a few others have lived it. The drama of the Passion is cosmic. Jesus was the son of a Roman soldier and a Hebrew woman. The Great Hierophant was of medium stature and with fair skin, lightly tanned by the rays of the Sun. The Great Master had black hair and a beard of the same color. His eyes were like two ineffable nights. The word Nazarene comes from nazar, meaning �a man with a straight nose.� Jesus did not have the hooked, Jewish type of nose. The Great Master had a straight nose. This is typical of the white European race. Jesus was only Jewish on the side of the Hebrew Mary; however, on his father�s side he was of the white Celtic race. His father was a Roman soldier. The priestess wife of the Master Jesus was also of white race and had great esoteric powers, as she demonstrated when travelling with the Nazarene through the countries of the Mediterranean in the lands of Europe. Jesus was a complete man. Jesus was not the castrated one who many religions depicted. Jesus followed the Path of the Perfect Matrimony. Jesus formed the Christ within himself by practising Sexual Magic with his wife. What we are stating will shock fanatics. Nevertheless, when scientists have the Akasic records of nature in their power, then these people will see that we were right, because they will be able to see for themselves the life of Jesus by means of ultramodern television (it does not matter what name will be given to those devices in that age)." - from The Perfect Matrimony

Gnostic Glossary

The rest of it makes sense though.

But who knows for sure regarding his 'racial' identity?

The actual identity of the Habiru is one of the biggest mysteries to me.

One would think that they would have been closely related to the Khemetians, Nubian/Ku#es and those of the Indus-Kush.

If Nazar means "man with straight nose", he(and the Hebrews) could have been a Nilotic "African".

At least half anyway, if his father was really a Roman soldier.

I guess the only way one could really know for sure, is to be able to view the Akashic records for themselves.

Peace

[edit on 28-10-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Matthew refers to Jesus as "ho tou tektonos uios" which is usually rendered as "son of a carpenter."

But "tektonos" is literally a builder, with stone being the implied medium. It is where we get our term for the study of how layers of rock are built up within the earth: tectonics. The word did naturally imply woodworking, since so much wood had to be used to convey the stones to the worksite and then raise them into their places.

So was Jesus then the son of a stonecutter? a mason?

no. psalms 118. jesus IS the stone... i think isiah 28 will also have reference to the cornerstone.

i dont think jesus could have been a mason as masonry only endorses a non specific higher power or god (correct me on this), and not specifically the father. jesus also said he wouldnt change the laws , so the first commandment would have to stick.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
[edit on 28-10-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott
It is not clear to me how Jesus is a part of this concept, as Christianity is not the abiding faith of Masonry, I have a problem with him claiming that throne.

I like to keep my Faith and my masonry seperate and distinct.

That way I can be a Christian and have no problem with anything within Freemasonry.

The Freemason said no, that's good enough for me. Thanks for clarifying Bill

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Interesting stuff, thanks for your input guys.

A little off topic, but in the same vein, I am currently engaged in somewhat of a debate with a dear friend of mine about the ethnicity of Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus (and indeed the Isrealite race) was a caucasian. I don't have a list of references compiled but it's safe for me to say it is my belief. She doesn't agree. In fact, she directed me to this article from rense.com that I think is possible in theory, but I don't believe it's true. Here's an excerpt along with the link:

Jesus has been named the top black icon by the New Nation newspaper. Their assertion that Jesus was black has raised eyebrows in some quarters - so what colour was he? Just as no one will ever produce proof for the existence of God, the question of Jesus's colour may always be a matter for personal belief. Was he white, white-ish, olive-skinned, swarthy, dark-skinned or black? There are people who believe he was any one of those shades, but there seem to be only two things about the debate that can be said with any degree of certainty.

First - if the past 2,000 years of Western art were the judge, Jesus would be white, handsome, probably with long hair and an ethereal glow.

Second - it can almost certainly be said that Jesus would not have been white. His hair was also probably cut short.

from www.rense.com...

Anyone care to comment?

Special thanks to Tamahu and dr_strangecraft for the very interesting info.

I kind of half agree with the statement that Jesus of Nazareth was European. I do believe he was white, at least. Let me say for the record I am no racist or bigot, but I do not believe that the Jews we call Jews today are the same people as the Isrealites of the bible.

Flame me if you will, I wore my fire retardant underwear today, so I'm all set.

[edit on 10/28/04 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

Being monotheistic is one criterion that Christ would meet now if he petitioned to be a Freemason. I would probably vote him in OK, so long as he promised not to levitate and disrupt meetings, or cast out any tax collectors that were there on masonic business. He'd be great for feeding large refectories where the Lodge is on a shoestring budget, too.

Hilarious. Did you write that poem or is it from something else? Good stuff, thanks!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I was of the understanding that the Freemasons, as a group, were largely founded during the dark ages, originally from (who'd have guessed) stonemasons and other joiners, etc. To say Jesus was a Freemason is pretty much like trying to claim he was a boy scout as a kid.... The organization came way after his death....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well, I personally think the website is silly since the Masons weren't founded until the 1700's (and a lot of stuff was made up about their links to older religions, etc, accoding to the Masonic scholars.)

HOWEVER...

Originally posted by The Axeman
A little off topic, but in the same vein, I am currently engaged in somewhat of a debate with a dear friend of mine about the ethnicity of Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus (and indeed the Isrealite race) was a caucasian.

How about a comment from an anthropologist?

Firstus, there is no such thing as an "Israelite race." However, the people who live in the Mediterranean area are all Caucasians. This can be proven by genetic typing and blood typing and a whole boatload of other things.

Jewish traditional marriage laws and rules of inheritance were pretty strict in those days. Although there are some modern Jews who are Black, and there are sects in Ethiopia, these are fairly new on the scene (and again, tended to intermarry within their faith.)

Although there's no scholarly proof that Jesus existed, if he did, he would have been caucasian (and short, dark-haired, and dark-skinned. The "feminine Jesus" with the long brown hair and beard is a concept that arose in the 1600's. Before that, he was darker haired and shorter haired, too.)

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Firstus, there is no such thing as an "Israelite race." However, the people who live in the Mediterranean area are all Caucasians. This can be proven by genetic typing and blood typing and a whole boatload of other things.

If the isrealites were not a "race" then how would you describe them? As a nation? It seems (and I could be wrong, please correct me if so) that there are actual references to "the Isrealite race" in the bible.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
As we know from history, Jesus was Aramaic...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
As we know from history, Jesus was Aramaic...

OK Cheif, so if he was Aramaic, does that mean he was white, black, yellow, purple or what? We "know" that he spoke aramaic, but so what?

Care to elaborate on your one-liner there? You've stated your opinion, but nothing to stimulate discussion, isn't that the point here? I'm not trying to start a debate here or anything, I just want some opinions and thoughts.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I was of the understanding that the Freemasons, as a group, were largely founded during the dark ages, originally from (who'd have guessed) stonemasons and other joiners, etc. To say Jesus was a Freemason is pretty much like trying to claim he was a boy scout as a kid.... The organization came way after his death....

You are right, they were by most accounts. I don't think that they are trying to pass off that Jesus was an actual card-carrying Mason, dude. I think maybe it's more that the ideals of Freemasonry closely resemble the way Jesus lived his life.

Just a thought. I mean, what do I know, right?

I don't buy it, but it's an interesting idea.

[edit on 10/28/04 by The Axeman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join