It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK.. We Messed Up Letting The Government Take Our Guns..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The laws have changed since then, self defense is now acceptable, even with a shotgun.

You will get arrested for questioning, but released once the police are satisfied it was self defense.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I am happy we don't have guns in UK and I'm sure I speak for a lot of the people in UK.

I feel a lot safer without gun wielding crack nuts running around.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by superman2012

Lets take a real life example..

Tony Martin was woken up in the middle of the night by two burglers who invaded his rural home.. He shot them with a shotgun.. One of them died.. The other lived to claim compensation for his injuries..

Tony Martin got put in jail for manslaughter... For protecting his home and possesions..

Do you not see something wrong in that?

Absolutely, and if he was following the law (you failed to mention he did not have a valid firearms certificate) then I would be even more empathetic to his plight. He had his shotgun certificate revoked in 1994 after he found a man scrumping for apples in his orchard and shot a hole in the back of his vehicle. Made false claims about being burgled before, and he lied about the circumstances of the shooting of which he was jailed.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

As a soldier myself it wont be me I assure you..

But bought and paid for private military organisations (mercenaries) who are taking over the shortfall to current military cuts... Organisations with whom are international thus have no ties to the country or people thus will most definitely pop a cap your ass... Did you vote for that???

Hmmmn

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

What guns? What the hell are you on about? they didnt take my guns cos ive never owned one.Nor has anyone i have known. Are you drunk mate? Coz you really are talking out your arse.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Yep..

If he had used a baseball bat he would still have been jailed..

Over to you

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It's a good job we aren't allowed guns willy nilly.
If we did half the Daily Mail readership would be in jail for euthanising anyone on benefits.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
reply to post by EvanB

What guns? What the hell are you on about? they didnt take my guns cos ive never owned one.Nor has anyone i have known. Are you drunk mate? Coz you really are talking out your arse.

My grandad had quite a few guns.. My dad inherited them then had to hand them in..

So.. As someone who is talking out of their ass.. Answer the fricken question!.. Is government afraid of us??

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Fear Based Propaganda??? Sorry but I can't agree, the USA's attitude to firearms is completely different to ours, there country was built with the gun, they have a love affair with them in some states it's a religion. We didn't make any mistake getting rid of our guns, and you are paranoid, about Europe, the government and immigrants, Epic Fail, I'm glad it's hard to own a gun, over here, (owning a gun shouldn't be a right, it should be a responsibility, given to someone who has proven they can operate one properly) because if it was easier to own a gun in the UK, people like you would own them, then I would be scared.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
I am happy we don't have guns in UK and I'm sure I speak for a lot of the people in UK.

Awwww

Isnt it good you feel all safe and stuff??.. Whilst as we speak our kids have been sold into debt slavery.. And their kids.. Is that not awesome??

Sleep soundly tonight in your bubble..

Hope it comforts you

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
reply to post by EvanB

My grandad had quite a few guns.. My dad inherited them then had to hand them in..

So.. As someone who is talking out of their ass.. Answer the fricken question!.. Is government afraid of us??

No they arnt afraid of us, The poll tax riots showed us that. But the majority of the british public are so dumbed down by the celebrity/ stars in there eyes culture, That they just dont care what is done to them. But your argument regarding guns here is moot. The british dont have and dont want guns.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Honestly do you really think the government is going to take our guns? They just want to tighten the laws a tad bit it seems. I don't think they will totally take ALL guns away, its impossible.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
did tony martin shoot someone in the back as they left in fear when he produced said illegally held weapon?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Disarming us has made us into something to be ignored by the political elite..

Can you absolutely say that is not so?

Can you also say that things would not be be different if we were armed?

edit on 15-1-2013 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

All I get is "Democracy is great, and I need my gun to prove it!"

Yess?

You do have guns in the UK however. A wee place called Cumbria comes to mind. It does take 2 hours to get it over and done with, but I'm sure if everyone had a gun then 12 people dead and 11 injured could be accomplished in easily 28 minutes... time left for a crumpet.

If they had only factored in to this cunning disarming scheme, the unscrupulous mind of such a sly deviant.

Why if I'd seen him, I'd probably have shot him in the face with an uzi, in fear that he would steal my pocket money.

Evil, incarnate. Too much...

It's getting so you can't even have a peaceful demonstration with guns these days.. What is the world coming to.

edit on 15-1-2013 by winofiend because: short crop quote

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Youv'e obviously never had your faced kicked in by a mugger, I have been attacked with a baseball bat and again with a machete both cases were robbery and both cases i was lucky not to be killed and both cases i wish i was armed because i would have killed the #er dead.

i guess you dont give a # about it thou do you

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Tony Martin was woken up in the middle of the night by two burglers who invaded his rural home.. He shot them with a shotgun.. One of them died.. The other lived to claim compensation for his injuries..

Tony Martin got put in jail for manslaughter... For protecting his home and possesions..

Yeah I see something wrong, the second prick lived and then had the cheek to apply for criminal compensation and with that, because of their criminal instincts, they got an innocent man likely locked up for 4-5 years if not more because they are thieving scumbags.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
reply to post by misscurious

Youv'e obviously never had your faced kicked in by a mugger, I have been attacked with a baseball bat and again with a machete both cases were robbery and both cases i was lucky not to be killed and both cases i wish i was armed because i would have killed the #er dead.

i guess you dont give a # about it thou do you

In other words, you want to kill someone.

I hear ya.. don't yell man.. sheesh.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
It's a good job we aren't allowed guns willy nilly.
If we did half the Daily Mail readership would be in jail for euthanising anyone on benefits.

i'm here in america, and i nearly spit out my morning coffee from laughing,. i've read your Daily Mail a few times, and i thought it was just me, but you prove that it is others too, that roll their eyes, and say to themselves "are you kidding me?" when they read it. it gave me a good huzzah, thanks
edit on 15-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay

Awwww

Isnt it good you feel all safe and stuff??.. Whilst as we speak our kids have been sold into debt slavery.. And their kids.. Is that not awesome??

Sleep soundly tonight in your bubble..

Hope it comforts you

Sooooo. Me having guns or my kids having guns will get them out of this everyday working and building up debt?

Damn. I wish I had a gun then I'd have no bills as the OP has stated.

Hmmm. That'd make me a crook then wouldn't it? Or what Mr. OP?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It was sad watching the videos of stoic british "subjects" doing their "duty" and standing in line to turn in their guns: many of them collectable and for competition shooting, etc....not so called "weapons of war".....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join