It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

They can now feel a little more secure in their schools.

Yep, because now the criminal that was going to carry out the act anyways, will definitely think twice before they go and shoot innocent kids in the "0bama really means it, no high cap mags or assault rifles" zone.
Yeah, ok then.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Mac, don't be silly. Criminals, after watching Obama, immediately stopped buying guns illegally, though Eric Holder still wants to sell something Fast & Furiously.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by macman

Mac, don't be silly. Criminals, after watching Obama, immediately stopped buying guns illegally, though Eric Holder still wants to sell something Fast & Furiously.

To add to the deterrent, all "Gun free Zone" signs should be changed to also include Spanish, so our armed illegal immigrants will keep their gun violence away from those zones.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by macman

Yep so much was done for the children in Mexico.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Yep, because now the criminal that was going to carry out the act anyways, will definitely think twice before they go and shoot innocent kids in the "0bama really means it, no high cap mags or assault rifles" zone.
Yeah, ok then.

You will soon be trading in your guns for food anyway - The American Dollar is on it's last legs.

Bread will be $20 Bucks a Loaf - A Steak will cost $100 Dollars.

Enjoy Eating your Bullets, while Everybody else has Food.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah, ok then.

You will soon be trading in your guns for food anyway - The American Dollar is on it's last legs.

Bread will be $20 Bucks a Loaf - A Steak will cost $100 Dollars.

I guess you've never had elk tenderloin.

Pity.

But enjoy your government cheese.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

That's twice now someone has taken the opportunity to insult my ability to parent my child. I didn't ask if I should allow him to own a gun (as I said before I wouldn't let him near one). I asked if legally he should be able to. No need for you to make every possible dig you can. I asked to have a conversation with you and you said yes but have been nothing but insulting rude. Continue with your hate filled ignorance and be a stellar example of why we can't solve anything in this country. Thanks for helping me understand your point of view.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

That's twice now someone has taken the opportunity to insult my ability to parent my child

Now you know how gun owners feel them constantly insulted about their ability to handle weapons same difference.

Altho the second amendment is without emotion it says what it says without anger,sympathy,remorse, or any "feelings" whatsoever.

Back to "emotional arguments" that should never become law.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yep, because now the criminal that was going to carry out the act anyways, will definitely think twice before they go and shoot innocent kids

Cuz people Commit mass shootings...not guns!...as well as monkeys...if you hand them a fully loaded AR-15 with a high capacity magazine.

The idea that what weapons are available do not play into the planning and execution of mass shootings is nonsense.

The idea that the weapons available do not embolden or encourage these mentally ill folks to commit these acts...is nonsense.

The idea that stricter background checks or limiting magazines to 10 is somehow "Tyranny" and akin to "Hitler" is nonsense.

The claim that "Well regulated"...does not mean "well regulated"...is nonsense.

And while the American public has a high tolerance for nonsense in our public discourse as evidenced by birthers and the Tea Party at large...

That patience doesn't demand that we allow wacko's to own the tools neccessary to kill 20 children and 6 adults in under 3 minutes...all so we can sate the paranoia of far right gun owners.
edit on 16-1-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Me being the one with the bullets and gun leads to me being the one with the food as well.

I do love a derailment though.

Oh, and yet another NON US citizen chiming in on US based issues??????

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by macman

That's twice now someone has taken the opportunity to insult my ability to parent my child. I didn't ask if I should allow him to own a gun (as I said before I wouldn't let him near one). I asked if legally he should be able to. No need for you to make every possible dig you can. I asked to have a conversation with you and you said yes but have been nothing but insulting rude. Continue with your hate filled ignorance and be a stellar example of why we can't solve anything in this country. Thanks for helping me understand your point of view.

It wasn't personal.
It was a statement.
If you quit being butt hurt, then come back to the sandbox and play a while.

Yes, as per the 2nd, yes they can.
But, why do YOU need regulation for what YOUR child can and can't do.
I thought that was parenting. I did not realize that the Govt has any business in telling my child what they can and can't do.

If you didn't like the answer, then why not look at the question and rephrase.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But...

I haven't done that, thanks very much.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Cuz people Commit mass shootings...not guns!...as well as monkeys...if you hand them a fully loaded AR-15 with a high capacity magazine.

Uh, what?!!?!?!

The idea that what weapons are available do not play into the planning and execution of mass shootings is nonsense.

Anything can be used as a weapon to the determined person.
But, in your mind, punish all for the actions of not even a few, in relation to the population. What is it, a percent of a percent of a percent...

The idea that the weapons available do not embolden or encourage these mentally ill folks to commit these acts...is nonsense.

Crazy is crazy. regardless if with a knife, gun, pipe bomb or fire.

The idea that stricter background checks or limiting magazines to 10 is somehow "Tyranny" and akin to "Hitler" is nonsense.

Uh.......Shall not infringe still seems to stick out. Regardless if you want to answer the direct questions or not.
Oh,

The claim that "Well regulated"...does not mean "well regulated"...is nonsense.

And that means what???
Oh, are you finally answering the direct questions???
The Appleseed project seems to fulfill that notion. Along with personal practice and personal training with said firearm.
SO..................

And while the American public has a high tolerance for nonsense in our public discourse as evidenced by birthers and the Tea Party at large...

Oh really???
The whole birther argument??Is that all you have now.
I suppose racist is coming next.
Ok Al Sharpton.

That patience doesn't demand that we allow wacko's to own the tools neccessary to kill 20 children and 6 adults in under 3 minutes...all so we can sate the paranoia of far right gun owners.

Oh, you mean like banning the things used for this

Ok then. Sure sure.

SO, which is the evil gun.

or

or

It really would be nice to get direct answers to the direct questions.
Yet, I feel that you will not answer them, as you know that your answers are wrong.

But, I dare you to answer them. Double dog dare you.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

But...

I haven't done that, thanks very much.

Tens of millions of guns owners haven't done nothing either doesn't seem to matter much.

Thanks very much

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Now you know how gun owners feel them constantly insulted about their ability to handle weapons same difference.

Don't know you, but if folks are insulting your ability to handle your weapons, you might ask yourself why.

Originally posted by neo96

Altho the second amendment is without emotion it says what it says without anger,sympathy,remorse, or any "feelings" whatsoever.

Right...you should read it some time...."well regulated"

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Don't know you, but if folks are insulting your ability to handle your weapons, you might ask yourself why.

Don't have to ask why all they do is parrot what Obama says.

Sick and tired of the freaking condescension and some are under the delusion they own me and can tell me what to do.

Like I said formulate an original thought or stop wasting my time.
edit on 16-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The Gist of it...
Title 10 USC 311. Militia composition and classes.
All able-bodied americans from 17 to 45 years of age are members of the Militia. American women who are members of the national guard are members of the Militia. Former members of the U.S.Army, navy, air force and Marine corps are members of the Militia until 64 years of age. (described in 32-313). The national guard and naval militia are called the organized Militia. The unorganized militia is everyone in the militia who is not in the national guard or the naval militia.

Looks like all that are fearful of guns are out of practice.

But, what is the definition of "regulated" from that time period, 1776 or so. Regulate really meant "to make regular", meaning easy and the same.

What say you.
I bet it is some off topic comment about the Tea Party or another Birther statement.

edit on 16-1-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So you're a collectivist now?
Or you're just going to attack everyone because some people don't like guns?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

So you're a collectivist now?
Or you're just going to attack everyone because some people don't like guns?

Yep I am a collectivist I like guns and buy as many as I can, I like money and like to keep as much as I can.

Who did I "attack" ?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Kali, believe it or not, but I have mad respect for you. You stay true to your beliefs, you don't waiver one bit.

But we're looking at the erosion of HIPAA, the right to bear arms vs the permission to bear arms.

You have to see the obvious.

Name one thing Obama has done to stop criminals from purchasing illegal firearms to commit crimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join