It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is China preparing for nuclear war? Beijing hardens subways for nuclear, gas attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Read this article today on the extinction protocol website and found it interesting not least in light of how the west is seemingly in crisis and the divide between people and governments widen. Meanwhile in the East consolidation seems to be happening. As we bail out Bankers, and let the middle classes flounder, the Chinese are pumping money into infrastructure to protect its people.
Original piece posted here on freebeacon.com

January 13, 2013 – CHINA - China recently upgraded its subway system in Beijing and revealed that its mass transit was hardened to withstand nuclear blasts or chemical gas attacks in a future war, state-run media reported last month. The disclosure of the military aspects of the underground rail system followed completion and opening of a new subway line in the Chinese capital Dec. 30, along with the extension of several other lines. The subway upgrade is part of an effort to ease gridlocked traffic in the city of 20 million people. According to Chinese civil defense officials quoted Dec. 5 in the Global Times, a newspaper published by the Chinese Communist Party Central Committee, the subway can “withstand a nuclear or poison gas attack.” A U.S. official said the disclosure of the subway’s capabilities to withstand attack is unusual, since it highlights Beijing’s strategic nuclear modernization program, something normally kept secret from state-controlled media.

It seems that China and Russia are apparently strengthening their infrastructure and building shelters under their cities to accommodate and protect their people and not just a select few (although they get first dibs obviously) While people are bickering divide and conquer seems to prevail in the west, compounded by economic instability, some not so secret preparations are underway in the East. Not only infrastructure but the populations are being normalized to expect that a major war is a distinct possibility.

The sabre rattling of Beijing and Japan has been discussed in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... and many see a conflict with Japan over the sovereignty of uninhabited islands in the South China Sea as a potential flashpoint, and considering various treaties could drag other nations into the conflict.

The concerted effort to bolster weapons arsenals while not unusual in itself is interesting.

China is building new long-range mobile missiles, including the DF-41, and plans to deploy up to eight new ballistic missile submarines. Reports from Asia indicate the Chinese military is also planning to build new long-range strategic nuclear bombers. Russia too is expanding its nuclear forces with new submarines and missiles. Moscow announced last year that it is also constructing some 5,000 underground bomb shelters in Russia’s capital in anticipation of a possible future nuclear conflict.

Should the west be concerned?

By contrast, the U.S. government has done little to bolster civil defense measures, preferring the largely outdated concept of mutual assured destruction that leaves populations vulnerable to attack and building only limited missile defenses that the Obama administration has said are not designed to counter Chinese or Russian nuclear strikes. The Obama administration instead is seeking deep cuts in U.S. nuclear forces as part of President Barack Obama’s policy of seeking the elimination of all nuclear arms.

Maybe it is simply a subway upgrade what with Beijing's ever increasing growth in car ownership and they decided to build it to extreme defensive specifications. It's unusual for such information to be made so public by the usually secretive ruling PTB.

All I know is that if my neighbour starts sandbagging and fortifying his house, maybe I should look into it too.
Are they subways that double as bomb shelters, or bomb shelters that double as subways?

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

While a subway would be handy as a bomb shelter (The English used them quite effectively during the Battle of Britian) a subway would also be a death trap if chemical or biological warfare were used.

Chem agents have a tendancy to be heavier than air so they would pool in the subway. And the power used to scrub the air effectively would be quite extensive.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A real big paradigm shift society is coming.

I can't pretend to know what will happen but I do know that the world is going to be a profoundly different place in ten years from now. Can't say if it'll be good or bad.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

While a subway would be handy as a bomb shelter (The English used them quite effectively during the Battle of Britian) a subway would also be a death trap if chemical or biological warfare were used.

Chem agents have a tendancy to be heavier than air so they would pool in the subway. And the power used to scrub the air effectively would be quite extensive.

That's true, and the London Underground saved many many lives during the Blitz, but the Luftwaffe were not dropping bombs of the magnitude of today's weapons and 'Bunker Buster' armaments have come a long way.

As for being a death trap if chemical or biological warfare were used that's what struck me about this story. The subways are being engineered to withstand such an attack and I assume that the technology involved would not come cheap. That's a lot of work put into a public protection facility, its not just reinforcing the concrete of the tunnels.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
A real big paradigm shift society is coming.

I can't pretend to know what will happen but I do know that the world is going to be a profoundly different place in ten years from now. Can't say if it'll be good or bad.

In fairness every ten years the world changes profoundly, nothing stays the same ever.
Attitudes change, leaders/governments change values change and power shifts.
Often its instantaneous but usually its subtle and often unnoticeable until after the fact.

That's why you hear people bleat on about mythical 'Good Old Days'
There were never any, just different old days.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I had a dream last night. I know what a lot of you are going to say. OH NO. Not another dream weaver. Well sorry. I had a very profound dream last night. I was standing on an island shore line looking across the ocean and I could see all these mushroom clouds. I said to "someone", what the hell is going on? Why is american being nuked and by who? The answer was CHINA. They were unhappy with our debt and we owe them a lot of money. I replied, well so much for the star wars program and our missle defense system etc. My next question was our they going to bomb us, where ever we where? The answer was yes but with smaller, tactical nukes that wouldnt destroy the island because they wanted to preserve the island? I feel like it was Hawaii but it wouldnt make any sense that I could stand on the shore and see the mainland of the US. Oh well must have just been a dream.....or was it?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The elite are preparing to cull the herd, and what better way than nuclear war. The mother of the Rothschilds once said, " if my sons want war, there will be war." They are the elite they control the world. But like leeches. When they are done with one country, they destroy it and prop up the next empire. Right now they have decided theyv have sucked all they could out of the USA. Time to move on. China will be their next victim. The keys to the world have changed many times. China was once the world empire before, long ago. Now they will rise again. After they are done with China in a century or so, they will move onto Russia, then Russia will be the world empire once again. Why do you think China and Russia are building massive underground bunkers to house their entire population in nuclear war, and the west is doing no such thing? Because it's all part of the plan.

After the USA had had enough time to recover in a few centuries, and after the elite are done leeching Russia, perhaps the USA empire will rise again. Maybe even the forth Reich, or even the Roman empire will return.who knows!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
We've all heard of China's "empty cities": entire cities with no population. This is often seen as a failure of urban planning and an initiative to create artificial growth and economic stimulus.

What if the cities are waiting for after the nuclear exchange - entire replacement cities for those cities that are destroyed by nuclear war. In the event of a nuclear war, many Chinese cities would become irradiated.. survivors could move to the empty cities... Would NATO waste nukes on empty cities? even if they did this would be a win for china as it would be 1 nuke not hitting a populated area.
In a speech given by a Chinese general he suggested a coming war with the US and that China could survive a nuclear war while the US could not. (www.theepochtimes.com...)

I think this is likely true - China has 1.3 billion people the US has 300 million people. If 90% of people died on each side, then china would have 130 Million people while the US would only have 30 Million. Following the initial nuclear exchange, china could launch a land invasion of north america. I doubt there would be any effective resistance from the American survivors..

Also, Russia, the team with the most nukes. If they jumped in on China's side, the US would be well and truly nuked up. SSure russia would be pretty screwed, but its huge geographic area would give it some protection and hoep fo a future. Further; Russia and China have been unified nations for longer than the US. They both have strong senses of national identity. The US, such a young nation, with deep divisions between north and south, may crumble in the event of nuclear war..
Russia and China's preparations will give their populations a greater change of survival. Also their style of governance (more collective and authoritarian) would be better suited to dealing with the aftermath of a nuclear war; that is so say, it would be easier to relocated people... command and control is better than the market in some situations; war is one of them .

edit on 14-1-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: df

edit on 14-1-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WesternIowaParanormal
I had a dream last night. I know what a lot of you are going to say. OH NO. Not another dream weaver. Well sorry. I had a very profound dream last night. I was standing on an island shore line looking across the ocean and I could see all these mushroom clouds. I said to "someone", what the hell is going on? Why is american being nuked and by who? The answer was CHINA. They were unhappy with our debt and we owe them a lot of money. I replied, well so much for the star wars program and our missle defense system etc. My next question was our they going to bomb us, where ever we where? The answer was yes but with smaller, tactical nukes that wouldnt destroy the island because they wanted to preserve the island? I feel like it was Hawaii but it wouldnt make any sense that I could stand on the shore and see the mainland of the US. Oh well must have just been a dream.....or was it?

No, it wasn't you made it up.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Krono

I really wish I had. It was a very sureal dream. I don't remember very many of my dreams but this one is one that I will never forget. It was like I was being shown what was going to or could happen. Like I said it was very sureal. With all the preperation china is making and the fact that we owe them a ton of money and that we are very unliked by a lot of other countries makes us a prime target. I think they are waiting to see if we will go into a civil war over our gun rights and then sieze the opportunity to attach or if we are disarmed in any way they will then attach. It almost seems destine to be.......

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

China has been digging underground since the 50´s.

They have football field stadium size caverns underground. MOST of their military is underground.

That is why they think they can survive a nuclear war. Why they dont fear one and so have changed the MAD theory.

That is also why they are the most dangerous nuclear power IMO. They dont fear its destructive power like the rest of the world. God syndrome making them think they can survive absolute death and destruction.

new topics

top topics

join