It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton: Is Obama Ready for Mt. Rushmore?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

ABBY HUNTSMAN: You look at Reagan, he ended the Cold War. I think they have to have a legacy that changed America. Obama was the first black president. That is something that will always be remembered.

AL SHARPTON: And he stopped two wars and the whole question of finance reform on Wall Street and health care. I mean, he has done some concrete things. I can, again, the reason I raised Teddy Roosevelt is that a lot of people could say that Teddy Roosevelt was more of a character than a transformative president. I can name, literally, things that President Obama has done. Now, I’m going to say that if Teddy Roosevelt is the measure, I think it strengthens the case for President Obama.

Teddy Roosevelt is credited with accomplishments such as completing the Panama Canal and establishing the National Parks system. Historians typically rank Roosevelt among the top five greatest presidents.

Well ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to point out that president Obama doesn't deserve his face on a normal piece of paper much less Mt. Rushmore. I can't believe they even would consider putting Obama next to any of those patriots on that mountain. It would be kind of hypocritical to put somebody who wishes to destroy the constitution next to either one of the two men who actually helped us acquire our freedoms.

Sharpton is full of it.

Source
edit on 1/12/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well Obama IS acting like a Dictator,
And dont dictators have a need to see themselves on posters murals and statues?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Well Obama IS acting like a Dictator,
And dont dictators have a need to see themselves on posters murals and statues?

You do raise a good point. Maybe with all the extra money they plan to get, Obama will mandate them to put his mug up there.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Unbelievable.

Currently, words fail me.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I understand Washington on Mt. Rushmore, as he represents the fight for freedom from taxation to the crown. Slave-owner Jefferson may represent hypocrisy. Lincoln represents taking away the State's right to secede, and emancipation under law. Roosevelt represents murdering every living being he laid his eyes on. So I think Obama could represent illusion. All very American.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Old Sharptongue is not gonna let a Brit upstage him with stupid comments.
In his own words, "we must resist, and resist we much".

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
reply to post by eXia7

I understand Washington on Mt. Rushmore, as he represents the fight for freedom from taxation to the crown. Slave-owner Jefferson may represent hypocrisy. Lincoln represents taking away the State's right to secede, and emancipation under law. Roosevelt represents murdering every living being he laid his eyes on. So I think Obama could represent illusion. All very American.

Good point, sobering reminder that it could be a monument for evil. But honestly, as I don't fully endorse the illusion, they do still have George Washington up there, and he's the most credible of the lot, I still think we shouldn't add more insult to poor old George.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I threw up a little in my mouth when i read the title.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

I agree. Poor old Washington has to represent the peak of American civilization. Pretty much downhill from there.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
I threw up a little in my mouth when i read the title.

Sorry about that man, I had to put the title word for word

Trust me, I was, we'll say "taken back" when i read the title to.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
[SNIP]
I have yet to actually see him do anything positive for our country other then them just claim it.
Ended what war for instance. Are we not still there being killed?
edit on 1/12/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Staff Removed Comment--

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Good thing there isn't any place on Rushmore to put his face, or we would all be in trouble eh? That to me is an absolute INSULT, that he would even consider trashing Mt Rushmore in that fashion. I've nothing against folks of other ethnicities, but this guy's track record speaks for itself. Yes I know presidents do what others tell them to do, but pawn or no, at some point you have to wake up and smell the coffee, no?

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
I'd like to see his head on Mt. Rushmore but that would be hanging from a tree along with the rest of congress.

I have yet to actually see him do anything positive for our country other then them just claim it.
Ended what war for instance. Are we not still there being killed?

Yeah he may have ended a "war", but we also must remember he used his dictatorial power to put boots on the ground in libya. Remember, he wields the power of EO also

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SweetKarma
Good thing there isn't any place on Rushmore to put his face, or we would all be in trouble eh? That to me is an absolute INSULT, that he would even consider trashing Mt Rushmore in that fashion. I've nothing against folks of other ethnicities, but this guy's track record speaks for itself. Yes I know presidents do what others tell them to do, but pawn or no, at some point you have to wake up and smell the coffee, no?

Oh I'm sure they could find some space for ol barry, trust me, even if they had to cut lower into the mountain lol. I think people are finally starting to come out of the amnesia obama had put everbody under, this next 4 years will show who he really is.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Unbelievable.

Currently, words fail me.

Yeah, this could sum it up pretty much

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Does any sane person take the words out of Al Sharpton's mouth seriously? File his comments under "G" for garbage. The man is as relevant as Beta Max.
edit on 12-1-2013 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414
Does any sane person take the words out of Al Sharpton seriously? File his comments under "G" for garbage.

I'm not sure many sane people watch that show, but it's the INsane portion that we gotta worry about. Believe it or not, people actually will agree with him.

Thanks for your input

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

AL SHARPTON: And he stopped two wars and the whole question of finance reform on Wall Street and health care. I mean, he has done some concrete things. I can, again, the reason I raised Teddy Roosevelt is that a lot of people could say that Teddy Roosevelt was more of a character than a transformative president. I can name, literally, things that President Obama has done. Now, I’m going to say that if Teddy Roosevelt is the measure, I think it strengthens the case for President Obama.
I think Sharpton is mentally disabled. Wait.... Obama stopped two wars? Holy $h!t.... Where have I been this whole time? Apparently, according to Sharpton, we're no longer conducting military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.Also, according to Sharpton, Obama transformed the finance sector. Put an end to the corruption? Reversed the death spiral of the U.S. economy? OK...Maybe he didn't claim all of that, but he might as well, I mean if we're just going to start making $h!t up now. After all, fabricating reality seems to be the status quo at this point.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wow....anyone have a video of this?? I mean coming from Sharpton doesnt mean that much but this guy since he has gotten his own show on MSNBC is a complete tool.

Amazing!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

Originally posted by UFO1414
Does any sane person take the words out of Al Sharpton seriously? File his comments under "G" for garbage.

I'm not sure many sane people watch that show, but it's the INsane portion that we gotta worry about. Believe it or not, people actually will agree with him.

Thanks for your input

I'm totally with you. It's quite the statement on society today when this guy is still a voice that can reach millions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join