It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rape Can Last 30 sec. But a Murder Lasts Forever.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

This nauseating ad is from the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence So, am I looking at this right? Is this image implying that if a 250 lb. rapist is attacking me, I should not shoot him? Or that if I do I should be tormented with guilt?

I couldn't believe this was serious when I saw it. I though it must be a joke, but it's not. How many people actually think like this?

I will not give rapists an advantage. If you think of approaching me in a dark parking lot with sinister intentions, you should fear for your life.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ireminisce

And a rape can last hours, and devastate a life.

Someone tries to rape me again, one of us will die.
edit on 11-1-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Maybe 30 sec for the rapist, but for the person being raped, it lasts a lifetime.

Horrible ad.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

or years in the case of the couple that were kidnapping women and keeping them in a sex dungeon......

Or what about the utah girl who was kept prisoner for years and raped and kept like an animal......

not only that, most women/men would die rather then be raped..........

Nice move gun control advocates...........

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
How stupid. If someone is trying to rape me I'm going to shoot them in the balls.

Excuse my candor there, but many women who are raped suffer from PTSD afterward. It's not some light thing you just forget one day.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
tut tut

seeing irresponsible comments like this (btw this comment is tried and tested)

seeing pierce morgan sent to belittle america through alex jones

if this was a sport match i would say

THIS IS FIXED FOR A PARTICULAR OUTCOME

THE ODDS ARE ARTIFICIALLY BEING STACKED AGAINST GUN LAWS

end of the day
americans can have guns
just tone done what guns are available

bringing out the stars...printing outlandish remarks that will sabotage any effort to have a rational debate

seen it all before

their algorythmic unit has been placed in this epic topic...mass industrial campaining lol

peace
edit on 11-1-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Men...This is a touchy subject for women it should not be thrown around in public ads for political gain.
edit on 11-1-2013 by misse2miss because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

/sigh

The depths of stupidity that this ad reaches down into is almost unfathomable.

Par for the course for the PTB funded ultra lib gun control fanatics and their legions of useful idiots, though.
edit on 1/11/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Would you be so kind as to provide the exact link to where you found this on their site? We don't need to increase the hits on their website homepage. Right?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by misse2miss
Men...This is a touchy subject for women it should not be thrown around in public ads for political gain.
edit on 11-1-2013 by misse2miss because: (no reason given)

you dont know that it was just men who made this ad........lets not make this about something its not and make accusations that are not factual..

Now if this ad IS fake, those who made it should be ostracized..........
edit on 11-1-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Sad part of this is you know whoever came up with this slogan would never even think in such a manner if his wife, daughter, mother or grandmother had ever been the victim of rape. Once you have been victimized in such a manner or someone you are very close to has been normal people tend to lose any kind of sympathy for such horrible criminals- it changes your whole perspective forever.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A simple google search would show you this is fake. It took you longer to make this thread than it would have to google "Brady Campaign Rape" to see it is a hoax.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Snopes does say it's fake, but there's also this screenshot. The Brady Campaign says it's a photshop of their fb page.

I found it here after my husband told me about it. I just googled it and this was the first site come up. A lot of people are saying it was on the Brady Campaign page and was removed due to the negative reaction.

If the general consensus is that it's fake, I am sorry, and agree that it should be moved to the hoax bin. I guess there really is no way to know for sure.
edit on 11-1-2013 by Ireminisce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just another example of how clear-thinking and uneducated the anti-gun crowd actually is. And what about that rapist? The available statistics show that the majority of rapists are or will be repeat offenders. So after that '30sec', how many other '30sec' will follow?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I found it here after my husband told me about it. I just googled it and this was the first site come up. A lot of people are saying it was on the Brady Campaign page and was removed due to the negative reaction.

Yep, can you say damage control???? Seems their arrogance and blind agenda bit em in the arse!

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Seconded... and it sure as hell won't be me.....

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if the AD is real or fake, tooo many people seem to feel that that using deadly force to protect yourself from rape, robbery, etc. is not justified.

How is the person being attacked or robbed suppose to know WHAT thier attackers actual intentions are? What kind of crazy logic would say...Oh don't protect yourself against someone that will potentially kill you ?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GMan420

Snopes says it's fake

God I hope it's fake. But, I do think it is likely enough that they are just lying, and back peddling on a very, stupid mistake. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Even i think that's a retarded ad, and i don't like guns.

I thought the Pro-rape group was always the....

Who is behind this ad!?

<<   2 >>

join