It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Earthaquake prediction for today 1-11-2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
My Earthquake prediction for today 1-10-2013:

There will be a 5.5 - 6.5 in the southern California / Baja Mexico area in the next 3 hours

Then there will be a 5.0 - 6.0 in the Northern Washington State / Southern Canada area

Followed by a 6.0 - 6.5 in the Aleutian Island chain of Alaska

edit on 10-1-2013 by RocksFromSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace

There will be a 5.5 - 6.5 in the southern California / Baja Mexico area in the next 3 hours

Then there will be a 5.0 - 6.0 in the Northern Washington State / Southern Canada area

Are you just pokin' and hopin'.......or do you have a method to your predictive madness

2nd.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

Gutsy window. Three hours, wow. Your confidence makes me interested in the narrow window you predict. Is there a specific reason for your prediction?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey

Are you just pokin' and hopin'.......or do you have a method to your predictive madness

2nd.

I based my predictions on my observations over the past couple months.. Quakes tend to start low on the plate boundary triggering a sequence of quakes moving rapidly up the plate.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

2nd.

I based my predictions on my observations over the past couple months.. Quakes tend to start low on the plate boundary triggering a sequence of quakes moving rapidly up the plate.

Or maybe starts high and moves down the plate..???

4.6 Ml - FOX ISLANDS, ALEUTIAN ISLANDS
Preliminary Earthquake Report Magnitude 4.6 Ml
Date-Time 10 Jan 2013 17:21:01 UTC
10 Jan 2013 07:21:01 near epicenter
10 Jan 2013 11:21:01 standard time in your timezone

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

2nd.

I will be very impressed.......time will tell!!
edit on 10-1-2013 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Ok I will check back in a couple hours.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My hobby based research (my old degree has made me exactly zero dollars) - which uses past quake history that adds weather, solar and tidal varibles as worked out on a Humboldt State University Seismolology lab server (and my wofefully slow Dell save by, and thanks to, Dr. Lori Dengler for lab time on a REAL system!)

Shows that the next 15 days are remarkable in the LACK of activity over that period for any event over 4.0 mag.

April looks very interesting though (again), as it always seems to do on the Cacadia / Triple Junction ( April of 1991 personally found me sprawled on the floor of the Ferndale Cafe due to the first of three >7.0 mag quakes within 24 hrs - wild ride that moved me from interested hobbiest to scared crapless citizen). The lunar cycle equations added for the first time to this year's data cycle make me glad I am now a sheep rancher in interior CA during April this year. Localized events, fairly shallow, just off Petorlia in April - (again) look like a "perfect storm" for a seawater based disaster along the lost coast of NorCal, and probably up into OR and WA. I worry a lot about the lack of planning in the Astoria, Aberdeen and Tillamook areas come Spring.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by opthetan
My hobby based research (my old degree has made me exactly zero dollars) - which uses past quake history that adds weather, solar and tidal varibles as worked out on a Humboldt State University Seismolology lab server (and my wofefully slow Dell save by, and thanks to, Dr. Lori Dengler for lab time on a REAL system!)

Shows that the next 15 days are remarkable in the LACK of activity over that period for any event over 4.0 mag.

April looks very interesting though (again), as it always seems to do on the Cacadia / Triple Junction ( April of 1991 personally found me sprawled on the floor of the Ferndale Cafe due to the first of three >7.0 mag quakes within 24 hrs - wild ride that moved me from interested hobbiest to scared crapless citizen). The lunar cycle equations added for the first time to this year's data cycle make me glad I am now a sheep rancher in interior CA during April this year. Localized events, fairly shallow, just off Petorlia in April - (again) look like a "perfect storm" for a seawater based disaster along the lost coast of NorCal, and probably up into OR and WA. I worry a lot about the lack of planning in the Astoria, Aberdeen and Tillamook areas come Spring.

Quite a few of us participating on this thread; lacking the degrees, and access to a real monitoring system, have had the sense that Cascadia is going to unzip sooner then later.

Would you be so kind as to tell us what your related degree is in.........?and maybe a little more info about the cycles you mentioned relating to seismic activity.
edit on 10-1-2013 by radpetey because: hopelessly grammer challanged

Just realized the hobby part of your post. I retract the question regarding related degree.
edit on 10-1-2013 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Its been 3 hours...

*Cricket Cricket*

I haven't seen anything yet..

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Three hours after you made said prediction...

Nope, nothing on the USGS Earthquake map. (Use the "Earthquake Age" slider on there to limit it to the past three hours.)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

In my line of work, this would qualify as a "back to the drawing board" situation!

But on the bright side.....it gave me something to look forward to on an otherwise boring day

new topics

top topics

join