It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shut up about the bloody Guns

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Firstly Id like to say, I simply cant be the only one who is sick to death of all this gun stuff. I wonder how many folk have closed their ATS accounts, because they are tired of logging in here and being inundated by gun after gun thread.What you have to remember is The USA is NOT the world, and most civilised people from other educated, progressive nations find the debate bizzare in the first place.The fact that you would even want a gun is so twisted and insane, it beggars belife. So what I am saying is, Look we know that you in the good old US of A you have a tendency to run around masacaring each other. Its a national trait. yea we get it.But reading about it in what seems like every other thread, is like watching paint dry after a while. It is completly irrelevant to the rest of the civilised world. People come here for mystery and intrigue, not to analyse a nations psychotic, aberrant tendencies. Please stop. Its boring now. this is not what ATS is about.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Your sick of all the gun threads so you go and create yet another thread relating to guns?

People from all over the world are guilty of creating these threads, and dare I say that a majority of these threads are created by anti gun people from outside the US.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

How was i supposed to have a rant about ALL the gun threads without mentioning the word gun?
Im good, but not that good.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

Actually, it is exactly what ATS is about, isn't it?
CONSPIRACY?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

What conspiracy ? every thing isnt a conspiracy. even to conspiracy theorists.

link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

Actually, it is exactly what ATS is about, isn't it?
CONSPIRACY?

Wheres the conspiracy?
All these people are doing is bitchin and moaning about guns in the US and more than half of those threads are created by people that dont even live in the US.
Thats not a conspiracy, its a whine fest and its getting really old

link   

Originally posted by Elvis Hendrix
Firstly Id like to say, I simply cant be the only one who is sick to death of all this gun stuff. I wonder how many folk have closed their ATS accounts, because they are tired of logging in here and being inundated by gun after gun thread.What you have to remember is The USA is NOT the world, and most civilised people from other educated, progressive nations find the debate bizzare in the first place.The fact that you would even want a gun is so twisted and insane, it beggars belife. So what I am saying is, Look we know that you in the good old US of A you have a tendency to run around masacaring each other. Its a national trait. yea we get it.But reading about it in what seems like every other thread, is like watching paint dry after a while. It is completly irrelevant to the rest of the civilised world. People come here for mystery and intrigue, not to analyse a nations psychotic, aberrant tendencies. Please stop. Its boring now. this is not what ATS is about.

Civilized you say?

US Violent Crime Rate: 475 per 100,000 citizens
(Year: 2003 www.fbi.gov... )

UK Violent Crime Rate: 4,100 per 100,000 citizens
(Year: 2003 www.homeoffice.gov.uk... )

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Really? So when the US has a constitutional right being scrutinized and possibly changed radically it's a waste of your time? Let me tell you what I hated seeing.. An entire 4 months of news coverage for Harry and Kate's wedding.. Talk about pointless and the whole world wondering what the big deal is.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Firstly Id like to say, I simply cant be the only one who is sick to death of all this gun stuff.

But reading about it in what seems like every other thread, is like watching paint dry stop.

I am weary of so many threads being about guns, guns, guns, and it does get on my nerves a bit.

However...I do understand that it is a very important issue...and that people need to discuss it.

This morning I was looking at all the (gun related threads) here on ATS...and I thought to myself...right now this has become (the gun website)...how annoying...but understandable.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

I completly agree. yea its a massively important debate. a thousand times more important than the inbreds getting married. Im with you all the way. but the same argument is repeated again and again ad hominem.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

your right. but its taking up space. just like this thread is. It will never be resolved. so enough already.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

How was i supposed to have a rant about ALL the gun threads without mentioning the word gun?
Im good, but not that good.

That's my point, instead of creating a rant that will do nothing but perpetuate the cycle that you are trying to break, why didn't you create a thread about a topic that would be of interest to you? Maybe since people outside the US have no sway in our laws they should maybe stay out of the debate all together?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Hey remember the old free speech thing whose virtues you extole so vigorously? Its a rant. And im a member.
What you fail to realise and take responibility for, is the amount of influence the USA has on the rest of the world. You make the movies, the games. Its your political decisions that send other countries young man and women to war. So im allowed an opinion. I just dont think ATS should devote so much copy to this tired old debate.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

reply to post by SpaDe_

Hey remember the old free speech thing whose virtues you extole so vigorously? Its a rant. And im a member.

Classic! You want people to "shut up" about a subject that you dislike yet you are going to sit here and site free speech as a reason for you to be able to rant about the same subject matter.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

The first link didn't work for me.
Where did you get the 4,100 from?
I've searched inside the PDF but there's
no match, so I wonder what you devided.

I also wonder why you picked 2003? There's
a March 2012 online also.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

i guess you missed the point. This is not a thread advocating censorship of any kind. why do you have to bring freedoms into this?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

reply to post by SpaDe_

Classic! You want people to "shut up" about a subject that you dislike yet you are going to sit here and site free speech as a reason for you to be able to rant about the same subject matter.

He just said its annoying, he didnt say the topic should be "banned"

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Conspiracy to ban them
Conspiracy to take them.
Ect. Ect.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

But its all over the press.national and international. so their moves are hardley hidden. I dont see a conspiracy, I see a well overdue reaction to a national cancer ,thats been holding america back and needs addressing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join