It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JINNS!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I am going to just give a brief idea of Jinns/genie in islam and how they explain some phenomenons as past life memories, paranormal experiences etc. Feel free to ask and i will answer to the best of my knowledge.
God made three creations, i am putting aside animals/plants etc
1) Angels-made of light, have no free will and so obey God perfectly.they are the ones who execute commands from God, make the universe operate smoothly, also guardian angels for each human and angels with each human to write his/her account.
2) Jinns- second came jinns, made from 'smokeless fire' and also 1st to have FREE WILL. Devil is among these. Who was raised to a higher honour among angels for his piety but later fell due to arrogance at the creation of humans. I'l write more later.
3)Humans- made of earth/dust/elements, have free will.
Now back to jinns, the arabic word comes from the root word meaning "hidden" the same word also gives Jannah(Heaven)
obviously they are invisible normally.
They are of few types, some just live at abandoned houses, uninhabitated areas, woods etc, some can change form and look like animals/humans, some can fly.
Normally they avoid humans but then they have free will.
They have a longer life span than humans and can possess humans, that can explain past life memories, a jinn passing memory of a dead host to another child host just for the fun of it and later even leave.
There's a lot more but maybe it would get included in my replies.
Lets start..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

Your explanations are accurate from the standpoint of above.

But, Satan stays below and is not allowed here.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I believe Jesus was referring to Djinns when he spoke of evil spirits.
I also believe that Djinns have the ability to infest a human being.

Interesting topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

i dint get what you mean. Can you explain a bit.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Above as in where the angels reside.

There is above, the center or common ground, and below.
Satan is bound to below, the furthest he can come is the center.

Earth is parallel to the center.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Above as in where the angels reside.

There is above, the center or common ground, and below.
Satan is bound to below, the furthest he can come is the center.

Earth is parallel to the center.

very true!
Read this,
Qur'an surah 15

16. We placed constellations in the sky, and made them beautiful to the
beholders. 17. And We guarded them from every outcast devil. 18. Except one who steals a hearing, and is followed by a visible projectile.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

That sounds like Gabriel speaking. He has a way with words, that is different from the others.

I have not read of your book here, but it seems to contain a lot of truths of above and other things.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

In canon, his influence extends beyond his place of hiding. Your point is moot.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

In canon, his influence extends beyond his place of hiding. Your point is moot.

Yes his influence, by way of his angels but he cannot be there physically.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Having studied to become an Apostolic minister, I have no reason to believe Satan is a literal fallen angel and is more the symbolic personification of man's evil nature. But the OP does provide some interesting information especiall from the Islamic standpoint.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Having studied to become an Apostolic minister, I have no reason to believe Satan is a literal fallen angel and is more the symbolic personification of man's evil nature. But the OP does provide some interesting information especiall from the Islamic standpoint.

He gets his power from others believing in him. If that stopped, there would be no evil.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Jhill, are you saying that Satan is not a real entity?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

He gets his power from others believing in him. If that stopped, there would be no evil.

Then the Church should claim responsibility for giving "Satan" so much power. They are the ones who continue to defend his supposed existence! If it weren't for the Church, "Satan" wouldn't be nearly so well known and feared!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

Jhill, are you saying that Satan is not a real entity?

No, he is a real entity. But, man gives him his power by believing in him. When one is in the know, they say he does not exist.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

Then the Church should claim responsibility for giving "Satan" so much power. They are the ones who continue to defend his supposed existence! If it weren't for the Church, "Satan" wouldn't be nearly so well known and feared!

I agree. Many give him too much credit.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
devil is not one, The Devil is called chief deciever, he has minions among his kind that tempt each towards wrong, human is created weak and given understanding and free choice to either give in to temptation or be wise.
Humans can surrender the free will to God's commands and aspire towards angel like behaviours or get pulled down to the level of devil or worst.
All humans sway between these two extremes based on free choice.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

No, he is a real entity. But, man gives him his power by believing in him. When one is in the know, they say he does not exist.

Isn't that what Satan really wants people to believe? That he doesn't exist. Aren't you helping him when you say that?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by jhill76

Isn't that what Satan really wants people to believe? That he doesn't exist. Aren't you helping him when you say that?

You drew an assumption there.

I said others in the know state this, I have always stated he is a real entity. I was speaking for others who knlw, they will state this.

Some do it for various reasons, some actually believe that. But, others state this because if he is not mentiond he cannot have a stronghold, thus no power.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It's interesting how an obvious Islamic tradition thread has instantly dissolved into another Christian debate thread. It started as a description of the 3 conscious creations of Allah/God and became a debate on the existence of Satan and the proposed limitations simply because "Devil" was used. In fact what was used was "Devil" not "The Devil" which denotes several other definitions and not the singular Noun the Christians use. I would actually like to learn something about the Jinn so if you Christians don't mind can we get back on the Islamic traditions? Please?

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Do not assume one is a Christian by what is written here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join