It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will all cease to exist upon my death....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
reply to post by michael1983l

I agree... i believe there is alot more to this reality than meets the eye.... but still believe without me... there would be nothing... Could i be God? Maybe got bored and created humankind and made myself human to not be bored? Maybe bored is not the answer. but lonely i suppose?

If you stick with that "I'm the only one" feeling you're going to feel lonely, because surprise, all the other lifeforms are in the same place of viewpoint consciousness as you are. If you are God, they are all God. If you are Jah, then Jah is everywhere. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade, lol. Then dance like you've never danced before. Anyway, navel gazing is fun, but fun also comes in some nice packages out there.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Well here's a statement that is easily tested. Just pick your favourite path to stop existing and lets see. If I'm still here in an hour, michael wins.

edit on 8/1/13 by D.Wolf because: typo

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
We all exist in one form or another, the ancients understood this easy concept but our society is spiritually stupid.

This young boy was having dreams and visions of being a ww2 fighter pilot. He had sophisticated knowledge of the planes he claims he flew, knowledge of fellow pilots names and how they diedetc.. he also knew his previous name, mother, father, siblings etc. The boy met wit his elderly sisters from the previous lifetime and they said thats there brother.www.abovetopsecret.com...

How could he have knowledge of a different life, real people who are alive today and old events without ever being exposed to it?

edit on 8-1-2013 by Jay Electronica because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
or perhaps we are all just observing something else.. but do not know whom we are observing. and when they die we all cease to exist!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Since i was very young i always wondered what this whole thing is about.... this whole thing reality.... Past present and future i believe are all in one... You are the only thing changing... getting older... idk none of this make sense... lol i wish i knew... i wish i knew.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Since i was every young i always wondered what this whole thing is about.... this whole thing reality.... Past present and future i believe are all in one... You are the only thing changing... getting older... idk none of this make sense... lol i wish i knew... i wish i knew.

We will always wonder, every single one of us at some point in our lives we shall stop and ask ourselves what is the purpose. That is natural, but I think most of us will be chasing answers to questions we cannot possibly find the answer to. Maybe in life sometimes, it just is as you just do?
edit on 8-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by michael1983l

I agree... i believe there is alot more to this reality than meets the eye.... but still believe without me... there would be nothing... Could i be God? Maybe got bored and created humankind and made myself human to not be bored? Maybe bored is not the answer. but lonely i suppose?

See? Now you are getting it!

That sounds like a true fractal reflection of the first thoughts of the maker. First -- we realize that we are alone. Once we allow ourselves to internalize that feeling, we become curious. What is it that knows it is alone? We feel around for "the edge." We fumble in the dark for a switch. Our next thoughts are pure chaos, but they are followed quickly by a dawning realization: I AM (everything).

And then -- BOOM! All this. Just so that "we" can observe the "I" as it begins to expand outward with great force in an effort to know itself completely.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hmmm, my best thoughts would be, the rest of the world does die.... to you!
Everything dies when you die, but only to you. Does it matter any other way? If you the observer, does not observe, then what are you missing? As in life, if your not there to see it happen, does that mean it happens?
Just like the old saying, "If a tree falls and no one is around, does it make a sound?"
So in other words, we will all cease to exist, to you, upon your death, simply because you no longer exist.
Those are my thoughts.

edit on 8-1-2013 by MoosKept240 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

We will cease to exist for you and you only, because you will cease to exist. You will be incapable of being an observer, and you will be instead a corpse.

By the way, this is known as solipsism.

And Dr. Quantum? Please...

edit on 8-1-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Neither you nor we will cease to exist upon your death. Upon your death, you will realize that you are all there ever was and you were never the human that you thought you were, nor was anything you experienced anything that you thought it was.

Your isness is all there is, and if my isness is (which it is), then your isness is my isness. But we are anything except just being. All that is seen is a manifestation from my/your being, and these appearances do not define us in any way.
edit on 8-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Then FFS get off the internet and go do some exercise or something!!!!!!!!

Im to young to cease existing anytime soon

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
When you OR I die the world continues to all others that have not died just as you continue when others die why is this? Well, maybe you are a God and the world continues as it does for your observation OR maybe it is the conceit of Mankind that says because were are partially conscious there is no possible way we are the particle.The particle acts different because it is being observed.

We are the particles being observed by someone or something else. God? Maybe. Aliens? Maybe I do not know just as the particle does not know.

"We are all actors in a play called life"- William Shakespeare.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Only replying because you used the double slit experiment.

Lets clear something up about that, ok?

The double slit experiment proves that photons and objects as large as buckyballs, can act as a wave and a particle at the same time. Namely, when you aren't "observing" them, the photon goes through both slits, interfering with itself, creating an interference pattern. This is a fact. Once you observe them, they behave like a single particle should, going through either 1 slit, or the other, or bouncing off.

Now lets explain the "observer"

This doesn't mean you watching this take place changes it. It doesn't at all. BUT.... the act of observing this requires measurements, and you can not observe, say, a photon, without equipment. This equipment, to us, doesn't physically make contact with the object, but in reality, it does.

Something as simple as a stray electron, to the photon, is "the observer"

This has nothing to do with you, your brain, or anything else. It's the simple fact that, single empty space isn't really empty, you are indeed physically "touching" the photon with your meter for detection.

That's what the double slit experiement means by the "observer". Now of course, you can argue that only a person would setup the measurement device, thus making them the "observer" as obviously, it's them observing the results. But it's not their thought that influences the particle, it's the act of measuring it.

In short....

If you set this experiment up without something measuring the particle before it hits the screen, it acts like a wave, if you place a measurement device in there, it acts like a particle, as the measuring device is "observing" the particle in such that to measure it, you have to interact with it, thus changing the result.

anyways... I like your very self centered view of the world, I think a lot of people have entertained that notion. In fact a recent episode of the simpson's played that out as a joke.

Homer is at Moes with Carl and Lenny, Homer leaves, and Moe turns to Carl and Lenny and says "Well, Homer is gone, lets all go into suspended animation until he returns" then they just sit there frozen til the scene changes.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
LOL...Reminds me of a time a bible basher came to my house and asked if I believed in god.

"Of course I do" I replied, "I am god".

I went on to explain that everything I see around me, including him, exists because of me and when I depart, everything else does too.

He left very unhappy.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Words on a computer screen...bow down before your true God!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Therefore it comes down to only one thing.... I am God....

I never realized the double slit experiment explained narcissism so well..........

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Don't be deceived young truth seeker.

You are god, but that means nothing. God does not use the will to create. God only exists. Creation flows freely from God. The creation is the light, God, you, are the source of it. Just be in the now. Don't start trying to move stuff with your mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
You're right in the case that the observer controls the environment he's in. Technically speaking, everything that happens is your own subjective interpretation of it, and not really what occurred; so you are in fact shaping the very world you create.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You will continue to exist through us.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Is this not correct?? You are all only here because i am "The Observer" without "The Observer" none of you would be here.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have felt this way for a very long time... That everyone and everything is just here because "I" am alive and observing it.... now i know that some may say " the universe does not revolve around you" but i believe the universe is "only here because i am observing it... Therefore it comes down to only one thing.... I am God.... There is no other answer besides this one. So therefore technically if i should die in this body... in the plane, none of you will Exist anymore....

Comments?
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

Why don't we try a quick experiment to see if you're correct.
I'm totally willing to take the chance that your death will end my own existence. What do you say?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join