It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida school moves away from professor's claim that Sandy Hook massacre was staged

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Florida school moves away from professor's claim that Sandy Hook massacre was staged

www.foxnews.com

“Inconsistencies and anomalies abound when one turns an analytical eye to news of the Newtown school massacre,” Tracy, 47, wrote. “While it sounds like an outrageous claim, one is left to inquire whether the Sandy Hook shooting ever took place — at least in the way law enforcement authorities and the nation’s news media have described.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 1/8/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: title to same as source

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well, it seems this very watchful and educated man from the "mainstream" side of things has some doubt about the validity of things that have been claimed.

I wonder if he is a "conspiracy theorist" as well or if your average American is paying a little bit more attention to information that just doesn't hold up under scrutiny these days.

I'll leave it to you to decide, interesting headline for Fox News to plaster on my home page though, trying to find there agenda for reporting on this still.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

Well, it seems this very watchful and educated man from the "mainstream" side of things has some doubt about the validity of things that have been claimed.

I wonder if he is a "conspiracy theorist" as well or if your average American is paying a little bit more attention to information that just doesn't hold up under scrutiny these days

From the second paragraph of your link: The Boca Raton school said Tracy, who has also questioned the official version of events of the Kennedy assassination, the 9/11 terror attacks and the Aurora, Colo., movie theater massacre, was speaking only for himself.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I think that this thread is ok because it discusses the media's handling of the situation as opposed to other threads which were "offensive". Or is this one offensive as well, not sure...

Anyway.

A public university in Florida is distancing itself from the controversial claims of a professor who questions whether last month's horrific school massacre in Connecticut really happened.

I find it ridiculous and sad that they feel the need to make this statement.

We know its not you, calm down.

edit on 8-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It sounds like the guy is just doing his job. If the school has a problem with that they should do away with the position or back the guy.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If he is right or wrong I believe he will forever be sorry that he stated this publicly. There are people who will now make his life forever miserable.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The man needs a mental health exam after reading the article......and I was worried about seeing a Fox link for what it said abut how far Fox may have fallen before opening it to see how they were covering it.

The University must be VERY uncomfortable on this whole thing. They can't very well go forward or back up with practical considerations of faculty rights and such. Hmmm..... Wow.... His theory is .. How do I say this? Unique.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
why do people always blame the government

its not the gov.

its private firms...maybe private arms of the pentagon and cia

but definatly not the government

those hollywood films that keep baming the gov....quiet convieniant for those statless pirates that hide here

peace

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
If he is right or wrong I believe he will forever be sorry that he stated this publicly. There are people who will now make his life forever miserable.

Maybe he will be called upon to participate in a drill, which will go wrong. Be careful what you say!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I wonder if he is a "conspiracy theorist" as well or if your average American is paying a little bit more attention to information that just doesn't hold up under scrutiny these days.

I'll leave it to you to decide, interesting headline for Fox News to plaster on my home page though, trying to find there agenda for reporting on this still.

www.foxnews.com

your labeled a conspiracy theorist right away soon as you question the media or government. so sometimes you just got to look a man in the eye and believe him or not. its that simple, its life

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

From the second paragraph of your link: The Boca Raton school said Tracy, who has also questioned the official version of events of the Kennedy assassination, the 9/11 terror attacks and the Aurora, Colo., movie theater massacre, was speaking only for himself.

To be fair though, I don't think there are very many Americans who haven't questioned the JFK assassination or at least some part of 9/11. I would think there was something wrong with him if he didn't question these events but questioned Sandy Hook.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
FoxNews didn't originate this story, it was from the Huffington Post, and that article linked back to this guy's private blog where he waxes poetic on all sorts of conspiracies..

I understand why the University had to distance themselves, there's a lot of murmur in CT about class action suits against the media by the families, nothing concrete yet but, the jist is they want the FCC to examine the broadcast licenses of all the stations that jumped the gun and didn't exactly have the full story first as it's now making their lives a living hell.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Helious

I think that this thread is ok because it discusses the media's handling of the situation as opposed to other threads which were "offensive". Or is this one offensive as well, not sure...

Anyway.

A public university in Florida is distancing itself from the controversial claims of a professor who questions whether last month's horrific school massacre in Connecticut really happened.

I find it ridiculous and sad that they feel the need to make this statement.

We know its not you, calm down.

edit on 8-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

I would think it should be okay, based on that criteria. Also, this guy (and the article) is saying nothing of the victims-- just that this may have somehow been "a drill" or otherwise may not have occurred how the media portrayed it.

On the other hand, some people around here seem unusually sensitive regarding Sandy Hook speculation.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Hmmm..... Wow.... His theory is .. How do I say this? Unique.

Very incorrect. In fact, Lots of people seem to share in his opinions and speculations. Many many pages of which were evidenced here before the discussion was shut down.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Hmmm..... Wow.... His theory is .. How do I say this? Unique.

Very incorrect. In fact, Lots of people seem to share in his opinions and speculations. Many many pages of which were evidenced here before the discussion was shut down.

Except for the fact that a lot of people were calling the families actors and that the kids didnt' really die and it was upsetting people in Connecticut badly to read this tripe all over the net..

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

I was being as polite as I could about a theory I think has no business being voiced by a man in a position to carry public notice or a shred of authority in anyone's eyes. I hope the CT families DO find a successful way to go after people like this with civil action. The speculation ...and this is PURE speculation based on imagination on his part..is vile and obscene.

I'm not saying that about you or the OP...don't get me wrong. It's running in main media as a primary story. I'd love to see the guy suspended if not fired though. The pain this crap is putting the families through is over the top and just flat wrong on every level.

^^^ We're all entitled to personal opinions....especially when that guy can share one like that. Mine's as valid to voice.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
FoxNews didn't originate this story, it was from the Huffington Post, and that article linked back to this guy's private blog where he waxes poetic on all sorts of conspiracies..

I understand why the University had to distance themselves, there's a lot of murmur in CT about class action suits against the media by the families, nothing concrete yet but, the jist is they want the FCC to examine the broadcast licenses of all the stations that jumped the gun and didn't exactly have the full story first as it's now making their lives a living hell.

Good catch and I will say that if at the end of the day all that is wrong with what has been reported regarding Sandy Hook lies solely on the shoulders of horrific reporting by MSM outlets then somebody really should take a look to examine there journalistic integrity and licenses. If this turns out to be the case, well shame on them, thats a pretty big ball to drop.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There are a lot of gun owners who aren't into conspiracies, but are against gun control. Having these ideas put out there might make a ton more people question the official story -- especially since it is being used as pretext to take away their guns.

I have a feeling if FoxNews is putting this out there (after it was on Huffington!) some people in the media also don't buy their own reporting.

Gun control is a very devicive issue, and gun owners come from all walks of life. If this is a conspiracy, this whole ordeal might be creating a whole new batch of conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by iwilliam

I was being as polite as I could about a theory I think has no business being voiced by a man in a position to carry public notice or a shred of authority in anyone's eyes. I hope the CT families DO find a successful way to go after people like this with civil action. The speculation ...and this is PURE speculation based on imagination on his part..is vile and obscene.

I'm not saying that about you or the OP...don't get me wrong. It's running in main media as a primary story. I'd love to see the guy suspended if not fired though. The pain this crap is putting the families through is over the top and just flat wrong on every level.

^^^ We're all entitled to personal opinions....especially when that guy can share one like that. Mine's as valid to voice.

Wrabbit. Count me as one holding your same opinion. This is a never ending nightmare of pain for those poor Families. JMOHO...

Des

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Well, it seems this very watchful and educated man from the "mainstream" side of things

I'm not sure why you think a "an associate professor of media history at Florida Atlantic University" is any more qualified to to comment on this than "random guy on the internet". I didn't even know they had professors of media history.

He appears to be a moron.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join