It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican officials: Wild dogs mauled, killed four in park - but was it dogs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Mexican officials: Wild dogs mauled, killed four in park

www.cbsnews.com

Neighbors of the Cerro de la Estrella, a partly wooded, hilltop park surrounded by the city's poor and populous Iztapalapa district, found the bodies of a 26-year-old woman and a 1-year-old child in the area on Dec. 29, authorities in Mexico's capital said.

One of the victims, Shunashi Mendoza, was missing her left arm, and prosecutors said that both she and the boy had bled to death and been partially eaten
Then on Friday visitors to the same park found the bodies of a teenage couple who ha
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-1-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
the sister of one of the victims is not buying the "dogs" idea

"What kind of dog can tear the skin from your whole arm and leave just bone and if it was an attack dog why didn't it attack her neck?" Ruiz asked. "What's most shocking is that one of her breasts was mutilated."

She said she later visited the place of the attack and saw no pools of blood. "There needs to be a thorough investigation," she added

Packs of stray dogs roam the streets of parts of Iztapalapa, a massive and poor district on the eastern outskirts of Mexico City. Hundreds of thousands of spectators gather each Holy week in the Cerro de la Estrella park to watch a reenactment of the mock crucifixion of Christ

erm..WTF....this is one eerie story
with caves and esoteric and religous backdrops

i dont think its dogs...but WTF can it be
15 dogs hey..hhmmm

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-1-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Seems plausible to me, what with that many dogs suspected of being involved. Watch a video of wolves or other wild dogs attacking anything, they rip it to shreds as they eat it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
geesh, a one year old, I really don't want to read this article.

That's just too sad.

My thoughts to her family.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
You don't need 15 dogs. Two or three would do.

If it was a dog attack she probably didn’t die where the initial dog attack happened. She would of passed out there after she had already bled out and couldn’t keep going. The pool of blood, or trail of blood, would have been somewhere else. You can keep going on adrenalin for thirty seconds or so after you finish bleeding out.

The reason her left arm was worse off was because she used that arm to try and block the attacking dog, or dogs. Get a couple wild dogs, or coyotes attacking you and they will quickly rip your arm, or arms to shreds. The skin of your arm will be the first thing ripped off. Then the will start ripping at the exposed muscle and stuff until you drop from pain and blood loss.

To me, it sounds like the aftermath of a classic k9 attack.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I've been to towns where dogs roam free like any other animals.

I'm not talking about 1 or 2 either, I'm talking about dozens and dozens. They form giant packs and hold territory, to the point that you have to pick up a big rock an defend yourself if you have to.

And they don't show fear to humans like you expect.

If they are in your way you just slowly walk by keeping your distance, don't turn your back and don't show fear.

They won't attack if you show you can defend yourself, Or if you don't let your guard down.

These aren't your pets, And if you're in the situation I was in, you'll know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Mythbusters tried that. Good luck hitting the broad side of a barn mate.

This is really disturbing. I hate to say it, but I believe dogs could have been the culprit, how ever I still believe a proper investigation should be had before any cause is chosen.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

"What kind of dog can tear the skin from your whole arm and leave just bone and if it was an attack dog why didn't it attack her neck?" Ruiz asked. "What's most shocking is that one of her breasts was mutilated."

She said she later visited the place of the attack and saw no pools of blood. "There needs to be a thorough investigation," she added

No blood at the scene? Seems a little strange
edit on 8-1-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Now THAT is a horrible way to die...

I can't imagine being mauled and eaten by a pack of animals like that -- approx.10 dogs ? --
God I hope the victims didn't have to suffer to long.

I've seen too many films on packs of wild animals on the hunt and I know what does happen.

I'd gladly take a bullet any day over that horrible, disgusting, painful death.

The girl called her sister Diana Ruiz at around 7 p.m. pleading for help. "Several dogs are attacking us, help me!" the girl screamed. The call then dropped. Ruiz told Milenio Television she thought her sister was joking and she still doesn't believe her sister was killed by dogs despite the call.

My prayers are with the poor sister who will have to live with this and knowing she was the last one to hear from her sister.

I hope they find them and kill them soon.

edit on 8-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Time to start molding some silver bullets

Yep, sounds like a Lycanthrope infestation. They better call in Monster Hunter International.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

I agree the lack of blood at the scene does seem odd, but keep in mind these are wild dogs. Chances are they or another group of dogs/other animals could have dragged the bodies from the original scene of the attack to the location they were found.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Unless it is a central body or neck wound, you will be surprised how little blood will be around something at the place it finally dies.

Most of the blood will pump out quickly when the arteries are severed. After the amount of blood in the body drops below a certain level, the body will naturally restrict the flow of blood to the limbs to keep the blood pressure up in the central body, and brain. The flow of blood from the limb which is being restricted by the body will be relatively small at that point.

Once you reach the point where you do not have enough blood to pump, you have a few seconds of running until you pass out. Once you pass, there isn’t any blood left to bleed
out.

The distance between the place where you lost most of your blood, and where you came to a stop, can be a large distance.

And the other thing that they may be overlooking is where she died. If it was on a walkway or pavement, they may have cleaned up any blood to prevent it from scaring the regular visitors.

edit on 8-1-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Ah, but I bet they didn't use a silver core. Do that with a hollow point, and the silver will become exposed on expansion. The entire bullet doesn't need to be silver.

Anyway.. I don't know why I am talking about silver bullets, or werewolves. Dogs would explain this completely.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Dogs, although we're used to the fun and cuddly kind, they are very strong. If feral, most definitely vicious. They are descendents of wolves after all. We used to raise wolf and fox hounds for hunting. My father even won a few provincial rallies back in the day. Let me tell you, if you were a stranger you couldn't approach them at all. All most took my uncles finger off once. My brother, father and I were the only ones able to be close to them. I'd nap in their cages with them sometimes. My father hated it. "We need them mean" he used to say.
But I digress. Dogs are made to rip flesh apart. I'm even surprised they only ate the arm. Here's a pack of wild dogs (hyenas) EATING an impala.

And for you dog lovers here's a little documentary called the Secret Life of Dogs. It's about an hour long and talks about their relationship with humans and how they came to evolve into the those animals which we love so much.

The Secret Life of Dogs - Part 1

The Secret Life of Dogs - Part 2
The Secret Life of Dogs - Part 3
The Secret Life of Dogs - Part 4
The Secret Life of Dogs - Part 5
The Secret Life of Dogs - Part 6

Peace.

edit on 8-1-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Have you watched a pack of wolves tear into something? They make an awful mess.

De-fleshing an arm would certainly sever arteries. Dogs/wolves, don't wait until you are dead before they start to eat you, as soon as you are down and they can get a hold of you, they all start to rip and tear in for their meals.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yes, a silver sabot might work. The problem had something to do with the weight and consistency of the silver, it had awful ballistic trajectory. I think they said it would be possible if you were to use silver pellets in a shotgun, or a sabot, but a bullet made entirely of silver is terribly inaccurate even at 10 yards. As soon as it left the barrel it just did what ever the hell it wanted to.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I agree with you 100%, I have a coon hound, and a stray wandered onto our property. My dog was freaking out baying, and barking so I let her thinking it was a coon or opossum. Got my shoes on walked out side, but not before she had torn the ear off the poor stray and the tip of my finger when I tried to pull her off the dog fighting to get away.

Coon hounds aren't the largest of dogs either, I mean they are a fair size, but I never expected her to be like she was. She's a sweet, caring, energetic family dog and she just went ballistic at the site of a strange animal on the property.

For those that are interested once separated the stray took off into the woods again, and I did inform animal control of the encounter.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Those are awesome dogs but once they get a scent their behavior totally changes. Not that they're dangerous per se, they just act before they think. Instincts I guess. When your dog snipped your finger she realized it right away didn't she?
Don't mean to laugh at your finger, it's just a dog's face when it realizes it did something wrong with out thinking is priceless.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Yep, she did. She went from hair on end tail saber shaped in the air, curled back lips to tail between the legs, great big puppy eyes and lowered her head in submission. IMMEDIATELY! I was in awe of her noticing so I didn't get mad, and in fact I didn't notice I had been nipped until I brought her inside. I actually thought she was bleeding not me.

Coon hounds, are amazing smart dogs, but yes once they decide they are after something they don't give up. She has climbed trees after critters before and never ceases to amaze me. Absolutely brilliant dog, and as long as she isn't right on something, I can break her off her trail. She will respond to a whistle and let off what ever she is sniffing/chasing, but if she is with in strike distance I can't stop her, but try to pull her off. She's experienced in hunting with me as well, the only time I was worried about her not letting off was with a black bear encounter. She saw it before I did and took off like a rocket, and wouldn't come to my call, the both of them took off into the brush and I thought she was a goner. But the bear had treed itself and she was trying damn hard to get up after it, when I found her.

She's incredibly sweet, and wonderful with children, other animals, and people as long as we are around and they come in the front door. She has cornered my neighbor before and was a giant ball of angry when he came through the back gate while I Was inside. I knew he was coming over, and was throwing on some clothes, and he decided to come through the back. Brody, didn't attack him, but wasn't letting him go anywhere either, and they have met before. Kris is a big boy too, 6'4 260lbs. Never seen the man that scared in his life.

edit on 8-1-2013 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join