It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swami claims Indian rape victim was 'as guilty' as her attackers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Indian spiritual leader Asaram Bapu said a rape victim who later died of her wounds was “as guilty” as her attackers.

New York Daily News

A so-called “spiritual leader” threw more verbal gasoline on the raging fire over the fatal gang rape of a 23-year-old woman, saying the victim was “as guilty as her rapists” for the Dec. 16 attack. Self-styled swami Asaram Bapu said Jyoti Singh Pandey should have “taken God’s name and could have held the hand of one of the men and said, ‘I consider you as my brother.’”

I mean WTF is wrong with this fool, This is the sort of idiot that people look to for 'spiritual guidance' That poor woman suffered horribly and her gruesome ordeal and murder has become a mirror held up to the Indian nation's complacency and indifference to the status of women in their society.

Millions have been motivated to protest against the attitudes and corruption of the police when it comes to rape and sexual violence against women in their society, and then this a**h*le spouts his self righteous crap.

I am not surprised though as a friend of mine spent eight years in India and she told me some horror stories regarding police corruption and the treatment of women. Shocking, truly shocking that a person could spout such hateful misogynistic rubbish.

Apologies Mods my search (albeit a quick one) didn't show This Thread until I posted this one.
My Bad.
Still I am so angry !

edit on 7-1-2013 by HumansEh because: Stupid bad search on my behalf

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
He's probably just mad that no pretty woman wants to take HIM by the hand and claim him as anything.

Typical sexist megalomaniac.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

oh just when was she supposed to do that? when they were penetrating her or beating her to death? People like this guy makes me mad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
reply to post by HumansEh

oh just when was she supposed to do that? when they were penetrating her or beating her to death? People like this guy makes me mad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Maybe the iron bars that they used on her (I kid you not!) would have magically turned into flowers.
Words fail me in trying to understand this fool's mindset.

I wonder how his belief in reincarnation will play out when his next life places him in a position to learn what he obviously hasn't been able to empathise with in this one?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm horrified to think that this is the type of person some people in India are looking toward for spiritual guidance.

This poor woman has been through so much and to have someone, who clearly is blinded by his own faith, say she was as guilty as them makes me cringe at what the future holds for India.

Makes me wonder if this 'spiritual leader' has committed such acts himself and this is his way of saying his actions were justified. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me. I feel for the women of India : (

Monkey see, Monkey do.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
WHAT??!!!

I read the full article....wish I had not done so...

I honestly thought the title to this thread was over sensationalized..

I was wrong.

Now, I just feel sick, tired and sad.

If "god" gave a damn about HER, this wouldn't have happened...somehow it's HER fault for not praying to said god and for not pleading to her "brother's" for mercy???

She was to blame for not reaching out for mercy from her "brother's"???

I can bet that poor woman pleaded for more than mercy the night of her slow demise.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join