It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well I finally got the nerve to watch portions of the video,
Alex certainly made valid points,

Yes, he was over the top, but I have a son in law just like him so I guess I am used to that.

It was kinda gratifying to watch Alex berate Piers, or any foolish talking head from the MSM with their scripted talking points.

So he was passionate and angry, maybe we need more passion and anger,

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Well I finally got the nerve to watch portions of the video,
Alex certainly made valid points,

Yes, he was over the top, but I have a son in law just like him so I guess I am used to that.

It was kinda gratifying to watch Alex berate Piers, or any foolish talking head from the MSM with their scripted talking points.

So he was passionate and angry, maybe we need more passion and anger,

Yes, we won't give up our 2nd Amendment without a fight.
Endless liberal talking points will fail.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

So what are you going to do? I see all this "we will not give up our guns without a fight" but I think 90% of you are just BSing you will not do anything.
Oh and they are not going to take your guns, maybe they will make it harder to get maybe.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

He who shouts the loudest wins!!

I value your point of view, blup, but I have watched enough of the talking head interviews, to know they usually never let the guest make a point and the newscaster runs the show, Alex knowing this decided he wasn't going to let this happen.

Not that his interview matters, the government is going to do what they want.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by MegaMind

No we are saying that of course we have violent crime but also that we class all sorts of things as violent crime that other nations do not necessarily class as the same.

Obviously, this leads to a skewing of the figures. Crime stats are only relevant for comparison if they are subject to the same parameters - otherwise it comparing apples to oranges.

Put another way, give me dodgy London over dodgy Detroit any day of the week (although neither are attractive propositions!).
edit on 9-1-2013 by Flavian because: spelling

Yeah those London riots looked real nice and safe.

Detroit is a pit no argument there but really I hope London is safer than Detroit.

What about comparing London to gun free DC or Chicago?

And why again would you classify something as violent if its not? Do you not have common sense in the UK?

The pissing contest thing is totally irrelevant and therefore i can't be bothered to argue on that point. However, regarding your question at the end, an example would be that spitting at someone would be deemed as physical assault and would therefore be recorded as violent crime. No, it doesn't make much sense to me either but there you go.........

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Just seen on AJ's facebook that he has challenged PM to a moderated debate..

That should be fun..

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Never going to happen after what happened the last time.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I value your point of view, blup, but I have watched enough of the talking head interviews, to know they usually never let the guest make a point and the newscaster runs the show, Alex knowing this decided he wasn't going to let this happen.

Not that his interview matters, the government is going to do what they want.

But Piers sits there, quietly and lets him go on and on..... he even says "I'll let you talk, just answer the questions" and AJ doesn't.

If there is a serious flaw with your news/chat shows then that is another issues all together.... but AJ made a fool of himself and was completely rude, childish and arrogant, even mocking Morgans' Accent??

Also AJ does it constantly, I remember the Peter Joseph interview, AJ was mimicking him like a child and Jospeh remained calm and just was shocked and embarrassed for Alex... AJ has a history of this stuff, it's not like this is out of character.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by EvanB

Never going to happen after what happened the last time.

I dunno... PM is milking tbe crap out of this.. I think he may go for it

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I would like them to go the whole hog and have that boxing match, AJ would be favorite but I dunno PM is a Brit and I reckon worth a fiver bet

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

AJ made a fool of himself and was completely rude, childish and arrogant, even mocking Morgans' Accent??

AJ was just being AJ.

edit on 113131p://bWednesday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

The woman said she would love to see that?

amazing.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yea it's gettin crazy now. Why would they want to be in a uniform when they pop him. This reeks of all the nwo stuff that aj has spoke about coming coming to light. It makes me think about those paintings in the denver airport. You know there is a problem when they threaten violence and no one cares. I would be in jail for saying such things.

I'm hearing rumors that mandatory gun grabs are coming within weeks...
edit on 9-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That video was posted earlier, and yeah it blows my mind.....any average Joe saying such things on air live would have alot of questions to answer for by men in black suits....

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Alex Jones is an idiot, and why anyone allows him to sit on a pedastal for conspiracy theorists is beyond me.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wow,I had no personal interest in gun control until I saw that interview. If that is the representative of the typical average gun owner in the USA they need them removing asap.

Well, not all of them, just the ones who find Alex Jones in any way impressive. That is a serious mental disorder on show right there.

If the interview itself was cringe worthy enough, Jones immediate attempts to shift the focus with his whiney ass video was even worse.

I only watched it because some chemtrailers worship what he says and keep bringing his name up. Wow, nobody who behaves like that has anything worth hearing to say in my opinion. At least my future responses to those guys will be even easier in future.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I watched the interview a few hours after it's broadcast, although resisted the temptation to say anything because I dislike both Morgan & Jones.

But today we had our own little "water cooler" moment at work, during a slack half hour when our work had unaccountably dried up. One of the guys, everyone knows him as our own little conspiracy theorist, he's a perfectly well rounded, reasonable, intelligent & articulate guy. His arguments are always well thought out, well presented, he expresses his ideas in ways that leave you dumbstruck, such is the clarity of his thought processes.

And today that guy was humiliated by half a dozen co-workers who had also seen that interview. They dragged up his theories about UFO's, September 11th, the Kennedy assassination and basically rubbished everything he's ever said on these subjects and others. I felt really uncomfortable for him, he was on the backfoot for quite a while, although I stood up for him where I could get a word in between the hysterical laughter.

That's what Mr Jones did for my co-worker today . That's what he's done for other thoughtful, inquisitive, dedicated & persistent individuals here on ATS and other websites too. He's set them back years, if not even back still further.

I find the thought of a "moderated debate" between Morgan & Jones absolutely stomach churning, I can't believe the amount of damage that Jones will wreak during an hour's debate. I'm horrified at that prospect.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The crime rates in the US/crime rates in the UK thing is just a complete strawman argument.

Folks in the 'states can be as armed to the teeth as they want to be as far as I'm concerned, but here's the truth.

If someone wants to go on a killing spree with guns, they'll do it. And when they do an awful lot of folks will likely end up dead.

And frankly, spree killers on both sides of the Atlantic aren't concerned whether there are gun laws or not. They've decided to kill people.

My observation is that most of these shooters take their own life, or are taken down by law enforcement - and shot by a police officer in the UK is the same as shot by a police officer in the US

I do not recall ever reading about a spree killer being taken down by a private individual with a weapon - I'm not saying it hasn't happened but I certainly don't recall it. Lets face it, when the fur starts to fly, most people simply run away. Life is not like the movies. Of course there are going to be keyboard warriors on ATS who will deny that, but that's expected. We all like to think we'd do something, but in a fight or flight situation flight is the first natural instinct.

What I'm saying simply is this. If someone wants to go out and kill people, they'll find a way to do it. Second Amendment or not. The debate about crime rates is pointless. The debate about legalities is pointless.

What should be being concentrated on is the cause, because the common denominator in spree killings isn't the guns - they don't fire themselves - its the spree killers.

Stop buying into the territorial pissing crap and think about the wider picture.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I just want to say Nef, very well said indeed.
This is the truth.

The UK and the USA are very different places. They are not all maniacal wannabe cowboys just as we are not weak willed forlock tuggers.

Its called different cultures, and by taking the rise out of each other at every opportunity the real arguments just fall by the wayside and we are all a little bit more ignorant for it..

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33 >>

join