It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Worldwide Norwalk Virus Outbreak or something else?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Ok, I have been sick with suspected Norwalk Virus. Here in AZ, there is a major outbreak. Almost everyone I know has it or has had it in the last week. It got me curious, so I did some research, and first I find out there is an outbreak in Portland, than Ohio, then in Great Britain more than a million people have come down with this in the last couple weeks.

What is going on here? This really has me wondering , this is a virus that usually breaks out in group homes , cruise ships, but so many sick all over the world at one time? I am not exaggerating how bad it is here in AZ.
The town I am in , almost everyone I know is sick or has been with this in the last two weeks.

I wonder if this is from the nuclear fallout that no one talks about anymore in Japan? Something that has been unleashed on us ? The news here in AZ just did a story on the outbreak here. The emergency rooms are full of people sick with this. Any ideas?

They are saying its a new strain, but how do entire countries come down with an outbreak at once?

Here are some links to current outbreaks of this. I am sick as dog as I am writing this. I had it , thought it was gone, then it came back worse two days later. They are saying you can catch this over and over again once you have it. Something is just not sitting rite with me on this.

The article says in Brittan they have over one million cases!

UK LINK

BRITISH COLUMBIA
Brithish Columbia

ARIZONA
Arizona

Just do a search for this virus 2013 its all over the place. Its all over the world. My family in Mesa had it last week. My brother was so bad he was admitted to the hospital. My neighbor across the street was just admitted to the hospital with this today.

edit on 4-1-2013 by amatrine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
snf

Know lots of people who have gotten it (Stomach flu) and blame it on bad holiday & cafe food ie street vendors.

Seems something very contagious!

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There was an outbreak of it here in St. John's, Newfoundland very recently as well. A coworker's husband contracted it a few days ago by simply being in the emergency room area of the hospital with his father in-law whom had suffered a heart attack, apparently a very large number of people got it from there. The guy ended up being admitted to hospital with it on Wednesday and is still in there, he has diabetes as well so that certainly didn't help him along with the virus.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Armadall because: Meant to hit preview and posted before I was ready by mistake.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have been ill for the past couple of weeks and I must admit It is the worst flu type thing I have ever had, every day it feels different, I went to bed at 9pm woke up at 2am and today it is my head that hurts, yesterday it was my eyes and chest, a few days ago I thought it was gone but bang woke up the next day all bunged up.
My Mum and step dad have it and we are all suffering.
I think it is just an outbreak and until I read people are dying from it I will just take it as a nasty outbreak.
Man though I feel rotten

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Here is another link, one in 5 people in Scotland . Wow, never seen anything like this .

Scottland

California two have died
(elderly)
California

Hospital ward closed due to outbreak
Hospital closed

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There is a very bad influenza going around right now as well. I was sick with it over Christmas and was ordered off of work for more than a week by my doctor due to it. In the first 4 days I had dropped 6 pounds and by day 6 I was down another 3. Luckily for me it was all head coldish/fever and my stomach never did bother me at all, aside from losing my appetite completely for more than a week, which was annoying as HELL on Christmas day lol.

I can honestly say however that the last time I was as sick as that was back in late 2007 when I picked up a virus during a trip to Mexico, and I have never once had a fever so bad as I did this time.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I have been ill for the past couple of weeks and I must admit It is the worst flu type thing I have ever had, every day it feels different, I went to bed at 9pm woke up at 2am and today it is my head that hurts, yesterday it was my eyes and chest, a few days ago I thought it was gone but bang woke up the next day all bunged up.
My Mum and step dad have it and we are all suffering.
I think it is just an outbreak and until I read people are dying from it I will just take it as a nasty outbreak.
Man though I feel rotten

Hope you get feeling better. I can attest this is pure hell. I have not been sick like this to my stomach EVER and I have had some stomach flues. At first I thought it was C doff as I was in the hospital for pnemonia three weeks ago, but I soon realized that is not the case. What worries me too is I now have bruises all over me , since this started. Very odd.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just to point out the best thing we can do (If you have it) is to stay away from other to help stop its spread, that is the reason I will not goto the doctors cos they can't really do anything.
One question though have any of you had the latest flu jab and still got it?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
In the news there are a lot of cases of h1n1 flu this season, they think because of it being in the shots , that it is causing a mutated version. Look up the CDC website, the cases are up there. I was reading for AZ here it is a majority of the influenza A cases. While I have this husband is coming down with Flu , I have my ozone running and praying, just getting over pnemonia, and sick with this I do not think I can take a tripple whammy.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

I haven't heard of anyone in my area getting it. I've never heard of it, so I just looked it up.

From Wikipedia,

As of 2011 a monovalent nasal vaccine had completed phase I/II trials, while bivalent intramuscular and nasal vaccines were at earlier stages of development

But then the CDC website says there is "no vaccines, no treatment".

Just wondering if you have had any vaccinations lately....not that it would have anything to do with it...I'm just curious...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Just to point out the best thing we can do (If you have it) is to stay away from other to help stop its spread, that is the reason I will not goto the doctors cos they can't really do anything.
One question though have any of you had the latest flu jab and still got it?

This was actually the first year in 4-5 years that I did not get the flu shot, and I certainly regret that decision.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I myself have not had any vaccines. I got gullian barre from the flu shot in 2005. First and last time I ever got one.
Just to clarify, this norovirus is not the flu, but the flu is bad too this year.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I never have flu shots. Check this out - It's Scary.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I have no idea if this is related (in fact pretty sure it is not) but several days ago I woke up in the middle of the night and vomited on the bed. Not fun. I'm in Kansas and since the new year I haven't gone out a whole lot.

What is most certainly related is a branch of the family told me about this bug being in Arizona recently. She said she got "whatever has been going around" which was extremely vague then
edit on 4-1-2013 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I don't leave my house either , just to go grocery shopping. I am pretty much housebound, and can not figure out how I got it. I guess with this bug just ten particles of virus and you are infected, and it can last on a surface for ten days, could have been on the water bottles my water delivery guy brings, NI. Or it is in the "air"

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Armadall

Weird, good friend of mine who gets flu shot every year didn't get it this year and had it. I never get fly shot and I'm fine o drive him home everyday too. Hope I didn't jinks myself

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

That girl lied and made it up.

edit on 4-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Thats true, I remember the story that she hoaxed that. Gullian barre is very real though. So is its chronic relapsing form CIDP that I got after that. Its a risk you take with the shot. since I know I am prone, I will not let my daughter take them either, as she has my genetics .

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTYDONKEY

While I was sick both of my roommates were around me on a daily basis, neither of them had the flu shot and neither of them ended up with so much as a sniffle.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

edit on 4-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

WOW! The lying little biatch. I never seen this vid before. Thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join