It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

assault weapons will only be banned for you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Right before I wrote this I spoke to one of our employees whose a DBA at our software company. Several years ago he became a reserve cop so he could go around hassling people at 5'2 and get away with it I dunno.

A year after he joined the faux he ordered 3 stag ar15 rifles for him an his kids to shoot on the weekends.

Unlike the rest of California these rifles came brand new with 30 round magazines. They also came with standard magazine releases not the kind requiring a tool like the rest of California.

He got no letter, no permit no authorization he simply showed his badge and bought them over the counter at a discount.

When the assault weapons bill comes back up the only thing that will change for him is nothing. He won't have to return them, he won't have to register them. The only thing he will have to do is flash his badge if he ever shoots them at normal range.

He probably won't because he gets all kind of free speer gold dot ammo at the police ranges.

This next week at the Shot Show 2013 - thousands of industry professionals, contractors, security guards and others will come together to shop for the most high tech personal defense and assault weapons on the planet - not many of them worries that they won't have access to these weapons in the future.

Theres nothing more to say about the hypocrisy of the people who make these laws that are protected by such weapons.

It's important to remember about anything firearms law related that it only applies to you and not them.
edit on 4-1-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Although I am not for the ban, if one is implemented, it needs to apply to everyone, equally across the board. I believe it was George Washington who said something about sufficient arms to defend against tyranny. Allowing them to have far superior weapons than us goes completely against that. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JarheadFidelis

Although I am not for the ban, if one is implemented, it needs to apply to everyone, equally across the board.

What about criminals that will invariably get a hold of guns? How do we apply the ban to them?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

As a gun owner and CCW permit holder, I have had this same discussion many times. The answer is simple: There is no law a criminal will obey if it prevents them from committing the crime they want to commit. In short,we cant.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JarheadFidelis

Exactly. Which is why a ban is literally impossible because it can not possibly be applied to everyone. Which is why we have to stay vigilant and uncompromising in the face of oppression. I get what you were trying to say initially, I just figured the point needed to be made for others at the very least.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Guns can never be controlled

The ak47 was designed to be made in backwoods workshops of the 1940's - Bored afghan shop owners are now making much more sophisticated forged frame handguns and ammunition. From scratch.

Imagine what could already be done in your local colleges machine shop or on your neighbors 3d printer if they really wanted to.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

Unlike the rest of California these rifles came brand new with 30 round magazines. They also came with standard magazine releases not the kind requiring a tool like the rest of California.

He got no letter, no permit no authorization he simply showed his badge and bought them over the counter at a discount.

There is only two ways he could have bought them.
One the FFL dealer broke the law as he has to have the letter, permit for the ATF and State DOJ. and sold them to him. Not likely because a ATF surprise inspection would shut him down right there.
Or a lot more likely the head of the cop shop has given a blanket authorization for officers to buy what ever they wanted. This is a lot more likely.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

in March 2012, defense contractor ATK agreed to produce 450 million hollow point rounds to be used by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and its Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) office. DHS placed another order for 750 million rounds of various ammunition in August 2012. In August 2012, the Social Security Administration (SSA) placed an order for 174,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition. The SSA plans to send the ammunition to 41 locations throughout the United States, including major cities such as Los Angeles, Detroit, and Philadelphia, among others.

Maybe the government should lead by example and ramp down some of their "Wars against the American people and others".

Certain law makers in the Illinois Senate have failed to gain enough support for their gun ban bill. The governor will try again.

youtu.be... The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law an a true story.

youtu.be... Anonymous Responds To Sandy Hook School Shooting which starts a little slow but does have some good info. 15 minutes long

A $5000 campaign contribution will get you a deputy sheriff badge (had a childhood friend that got one in Alabama 80s) that you can flash to get out of all sorts of stuff. Money makes all kinds of things happen..some good some not so good. Got us out of a ticket doing 127 mph (limit was 70) in a Corvette between Dallas and Ft. Worth Texas. No I was not driving....

Nothing has changed; their will always be those who want to take away something you have becasue you are not as smart or as charming as they are. Their needs will always out weigh yours...... just because

I still have faith in my fellow man; the good, the bad, and the stupid. I try to understand the play book they run their life with by their actions.. my way and my life...one shoe does not fit all.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

quoting the law and what happened are two different things.

I met a guy at the range with a full auto scar17 sbr that is a cop in so cal. There is alot there to be said.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

There won't be any ban. The bills are political posturing, trying to capitalize on a tragedy for ideological reasons.

Relax folks.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm expecting to see at least a temporary ban late on January 18th in CA - So that on Monday January 21st at his inauguration Obama can claim progress is being made.

How long that will last is up to the people not marching in the streets for there rights.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

There won't be any ban. The bills are political posturing, trying to capitalize on a tragedy for ideological reasons.

Relax folks.

Do not relax this time is different!

I guarantee you they have something in the works. if congress does not pass it they have an end around game of some sort planned. Bottom line do not comply and be prepared to resist or Americas last hope dies and we descend into full blown tyranny!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JarheadFidelis

His statement also applied to horse, cannon and mortars. You can have all the men, muskets, bayonets, sabers, horses, cannons, and mortars you like. That's what he meant when the amendment was applied.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

If you think that the Founding Fathers were under some notion that weapons technology would remain where it was in the late 1700's, they you may be a moron.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by forgetmenot

'What about criminals that will invariably get a hold of guns? How do we apply the ban to them?"

absolutely nothing, thats why banning guns, having all this crap to get one will mean nothing, just get someone like eric holder , he'll hook you up, just walk across the boarder ^^

new topics

top topics

join