It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ton of Gun Control Bills hit the house

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
HR138 - Magazine Ban thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.138:
HR142 - Stop Online Sales of Ammo thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.142:
HR65 - Prevent Children's Access to Firearms thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.65:
HR93 - Regarding former FFL Dealers thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.93:
HR21 - Greater Safety In Firearms thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.21:
HR34 - Blair Holt Act thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.34:
HR117 - Mandatory Licensing for Handguns thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.117:
HR137 - Enforcing NICS Records Submission &Background Checks all Sales thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.137:
HR141 - Require Background Checks on All Sales at a Gun Show thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.141:

Possibly a positive one... but unclear until text is released:
HR133 - Repeal Gun-Free School Zones Act 1990 and Amendments to that act thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.117:

The text isn't available yet. I have to go but figured I'd let you guys know.

Edit, the links seem to not be working at this point in time. I'll try to figure out why but at this moment I'm popping in and out of ATS so give me a bit. They all say text isn't available yet so it's not that big of a deal either way. All we know right now is the titles and the bill numbers.
edit on 4-1-2013 by Preacher76 because: (no reason given)

##snipped##

edit on Fri Jan 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because:

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

edit on Fri Jan 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Preacher76

HR141 - Require Background Checks on All Sales at a Gun Show thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.141:

This one is a must. Gun shows are where a vast majority of illegal guns come from.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

This one is a must. Gun shows are where a vast majority of illegal guns come from.

No, this one is a deceptive bait and switch. Every sale at a gun show has to follow the same rules of a gun sale everywhere else. If you buy from a dealer or a store you have to have a federal NCIS check. In many states, private sales also require NCIS check as well. In many states private sales or transfers do not require an NCIS check. What they are trying to do is eliminate any and all private transfers without papers so that they can try to capture all of the unregistered guns out there.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Make sure you guys email everyone. I'll get you a link shortly.

You can use this; www.contactingthecongress.org...

Or email your federal officials here; www.congress.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

No, this one is a deceptive bait and switch. Every sale at a gun show has to follow the same rules of a gun sale everywhere else. If you buy from a dealer or a store you have to have a federal NCIS check. In many states, private sales also require NCIS check as well. In many states private sales or transfers do not require an NCIS check. What they are trying to do is eliminate any and all private transfers without papers so that they can try to capture all of the unregistered guns out there.

Sorry friend, I know exactly how gun shows work.

abcnews.go.com...

My friend's father used to deal arms at gun shows. He ID'd all his clients, but many dealers do not.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
the constitution already has a gun control clause. "the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

reluctantpawn

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
All links return an error message that the database name has been omitted.
2nd line

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ive written all my reps/senators.

I hate getting those patronizing form letter responses and I hate being put on mailing and calling lists and I know at least three of the four arent going to care one bit about my minority opinion but I had to try.

Question, is one and done the step to take or should I cross into creepy stalker territory and buy rolls of stamps and mail and email the same message every single day?

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

How about you just call? Save you some money friend, and you'll get the same response either way.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Sorry friend, I know exactly how gun shows work.

abcnews.go.com...

My friend's father used to deal arms at gun shows. He ID'd all his clients, but many dealers do not.

Sorry friend, that is incorrect. It is illegal for an FFL to sell without the NCIS check, gun show or not.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Well you've obviously never been to a gun show. I have. Read my link above.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

How about you just call? Save you some money friend, and you'll get the same response either way.

I always dismiss calling as an option

I just imagine an endlessly ringing phone, and endless busy signal or some volunteer or intern just saying "yup" and hanging up.

Couldn't hurt though. Especially as these things come up for votes.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Let me know what gun shows you are talking about. I have purchased rifles and pistols at gunshows in Texas, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Michigan. I always had to get my check before purchase.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

ABC News isnt exactly known for their intelligent reporting when it comes to firearms.

If an FFL sold a gun without a check that FFL committed a felony.

If a private individual sold a gun to an ineligible buyer (out of state, felon, dishonorable discharge, etc...) that private seller committed a felony.

A private seller is not just not required to run a check a private seller IS NOT ALLOWED TO call NICS.

The "gun show loophole" is just a private sale and private sales are subjected to their own laws.

If a private seller is breaking the law by selling to a felon that sale will occur whether there are gunshows or not. Whether there are required private NICS calls or not. It'll just be the "back of a van downtown" loophole.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Kentucky, Florida, Virginia, Indiana, Tennessee.

Maybe things have changed in the last 2 or so years, but I saw hundreds of weapons purchased without ID/background checks.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I couldn't even
get into the gun show
last week.

traffic was backed up
on the exit ramp onto the highway
both directions

the one line of people I could see
waiting to get in, was close to a quarter mile.
Scat you not.

after counting the 3rd dood
standing in line with a stroller on smartfone
I said F-this, i'm out

keep in mind this was
a half hour before the show
opened on a friday 2:30pm

oh and State Troopers
everywhere directing traffic
patrolling the parking lots.

talk to a guy
works at the local gun shop
2 days later
said he was there
and it was nightmare.

he said
it was like a museum
because all the modern stuff was gone

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by 200Plus

Maybe things have changed in the last 2 or so years, but I saw hundreds of weapons purchased without ID/background checks.

just stop

I live in Virginia

go to shows in Virginia

buy @ shows in Virginia

Always get my background checked when purchasing

Always = Every-time
no change of law here

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
I couldn't even
get into the gun show
last week.

traffic was backed up
on the exit ramp onto the highway
both directions

the one line of people I could see
waiting to get in, was close to a quarter mile.
Scat you not.

after counting the 3rd dood
standing in line with a stroller on smartfone
I said F-this, i'm out

keep in mind this was
a half hour before the show
opened on a friday 2:30pm

oh and State Troopers
everywhere directing traffic
patrolling the parking lots.

talk to a guy
works at the local gun shop
2 days later
said he was there
and it was nightmare.

he said
it was like a museum
because all the modern stuff was gone

Everyone is panic buying right now, wait for manufacturers to catch up. Prices will drop and and availability will increase like normal. The manufacturers also don't increase production at times like these for the very reason of making more money.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

I go to them all of the time and have both bought and sold stuff there. The ABC news article is a bit of laughable sensationalist claptrap.

It is illegal for an FFL to sell his guns without a NCIS check whether he does it in his store front, at a gun show, at his house, or in the back of his car.

It is illegal for a non-FFL to run a business of selling guns for profit. It is illegal to buy firearms from an FFL with the intent to turn them around and sell them again.

It is not illegal for someone to sell a gun he owns without a NCIS check in some states if he does not make a business of it. You can sell off your collection, but if you sell off your "collection" every month, you have comitted a crime.

The "gun show loophole" is a myth that gun-grabbers created in order to make individual transfers without NCIS papertrails illegal. This is because of the millions of guns out there in private hands that are not on paper because 4473 is a relatively new thing and they want to get them captured in the database.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

reply to post by 200Plus

just stop

I live in Virginia

go to shows in Virginia

buy @ shows in Virginia

Always get my background checked when purchasing

Always = Every-time
no change of law here

You didn't click my link, did you? I've watched firearms and ammo being sold for cash IN YOUR STATE. So, which of us is lying? The one with proof? Hrmmm...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join